Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Corona virus and social protection

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

youtube! wrote: »
    I see, I do have my pps number so can I can just get the emergency form (one page ) print it off and post ?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Does anyone know if other SW payments are being altered? I am due to commence maternity leave in May. After the first 6 weeks, statutory mat pay (think €245 pw) kicks in but now I am not sure if this amount will remain the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I got a blue UP11A form in the post today asking me to sign on next week. I'm surprised at this due to the Covid-19 situation. The local bus service is unlikely to be operating, hitch hiking is no longer an option. I wonder would these blue slips have been automatically sent out by computer but no longer valid. I mean having a queque of people signing on is not going to be good for staff or the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Antares35 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if other SW payments are being altered? I am due to commence maternity leave in May. After the first 6 weeks, statutory mat pay (think €245 pw) kicks in but now I am not sure if this amount will remain the same?

Your maternity benefit will be €245.
    I’m interested as to why you think it would be altered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

splinter65 wrote: »

I'd say she's now jobless??

For anyone. I claim OPF and WFP and have been let go. Went to my social welfare office and they got me to fill out the CovID 19 emergency payment form,told me I would get a part payment as it would be means tested.

• Advertisement

Thanks! Just curious as nothing seems certain anymore!

Antares35 wrote: »
    Thanks! Just curious as nothing seems certain anymore!

There’s no change to payments not related to the sudden loss of your job.

There’s no change to payments not related to the sudden loss of your job.

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Is the China virus form available online yet to fill out?

Podge201 wrote: »
    Is the China virus form available online yet to fill out?

No such thing as the China virus form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Has anyone heard anything back about this payment yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Has anyone heard back or received this payment yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

upinthesky wrote: »

It'll be next week id say, then every week for the next 6 weeks.
    Then you'll get jobseekers allowance afterwards which will be your stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭sugarman20

drake70 wrote: »

Ya we know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭monty_python

I sent in my forum this morning.
    Any idea when I can expect the money??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

upinthesky wrote: »

Payments starting to go out Monday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

nthclare wrote: »
    It'll be next week id say, then every week for the next 6 weeks.
    Then you'll get jobseekers allowance afterwards which will be your stamps.

To be clear that would be JB not JA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

I got a blue UP11A form in the post today asking me to sign on next week. I'm surprised at this due to the Covid-19 situation. The local bus service is unlikely to be operating, hitch hiking is no longer an option. I wonder would these blue slips have been automatically sent out by computer but no longer valid. I mean having a queque of people signing on is not going to be good for staff or the public.

I rang my local intreo office and they said not to come into Dole off to sign on but instead to sign the form and post that to them. Those forms are sent out automatically but they don't want to risk people going to Dole office to sign on at his time.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Do people claiming JSA still need to collect it in person at the post office? I know people on the emergency coronavirus payment get it paid into their bank account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Some figures from the Department of Social Protection earlier. 43,000 applications have been input on the system. 58,000 have been received. Payments to start tomorrow

They’re unreal numbers folks so if you don’t get it immediately, just have a little patience

They’ve also said that staff have been redeployed to the area dealing with this from other areas

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Do people claiming JSA still need to collect it in person at the post office? I know people on the emergency coronavirus payment get it paid into their bank account.

Link to download the "Direct Payment to an Account in a Financial Institution" form can found here:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/6aca97-social-welfare-contacts/#direct-payment-to-an-account-in-a-financial-institution

It just mentions "Jobseeker's Payments" on the form so I assume that means both Benefit and Allowance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hi just wondering if anyone could advise whether I’d qualify for the emergency payment.

I’m a student working part time in retail as a rep. The stores I work in have closed so I no longer have any shifts to work, but I’m employed directly by the company that makes the product. They haven’t let staff go or anything but won’t be paying us either. They are trying to figure out a way for us to do some work from home so that we can continue to be paid but it’s unlikely as our jobs are not office based and very much about selling in stores.

I’m kind of in limbo at the moment because yes I’m still employed but I have no shifts to work so therefore I’m not being paid for anything. From the payment form it seems the payment is just for people who have ceased employment so That doesn’t technically apply to me. Also being a student I wouldn’t usually qualify for social welfare payments. Any advice? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭ttsnar

Fill out CovID 19 emergency payment form and post it . Students are entitled to this if they have to stop work.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Eric_Noon

I applied for JA on MyWelfare online on Tuesday and I also printed out and sent in the Covid-19 PUP form! I’m curious how long it will take to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Eric_Noon wrote: »
    I applied for JA on MyWelfare online on Tuesday and I also printed out and sent in the Covid-19 PUP form! I’m curious how long it will take to come through?

I applied on Monday, got payment for 2 days today. Guess the first 3 are ‘waiting days’ .

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KG1978

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I applied on Monday, got payment for 2 days today. Guess the first 3 are ‘waiting days’ .

I applied Monday also, recieved nothing yet do u mind if I ask what bank u are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

KG1978 wrote: »
    I applied Monday also, recieved nothing yet do u mind if I ask what bank u are.

Ptsb.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Danleo171

I am a student who wasn't in work before the time of the closures but was meant to start working in a business which has now shut due to coronavirus, would anyone know if I am entitled to claiming this benefit or if there is another I may be entitled to?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Dublin County North.

Advertisement