Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / JSB Waiting times Survey

• 23-04-2009 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Out of curiosity, let's see how long it's taking around the country to get Jobseeker's Benefit, Jobseeker's Allowance, and all the other Social Welfare Payments.

Obviously it won't be a rule to go by, but it may give us an idea of what things are looking like.

Social Welfare Office:
    Social Welfare Payment:
    Application Date:
    Date informed of means test appointment, if applicable*:
    Date of means test appointment:
    Weeks from Application to Payment:

*this means the day that you get the letter in the post or the phone call telling you when they're coming by

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 baxterfly

I applied March 30th for jobseekers benefit. I was told 4 to 5 weeks.
    Now today I was told it would be around another 3 weeks. Im not even means tested.

THe woman in the SW office also said they were understaffed. Of course they are. So it looks like around 7 weeks before I get anything. This is in Kilbarrack, Dublin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Took five weeks before I could collect my first payments of dole* after the date of first going into the office.

* Well, whatever it is they call the un-means tested one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭JuJuBean

Applied end jan to the Clondalkin office. Told I had to have my P45 before I'd get anything. Finally got my P45 mid March and handed it in straight away, met with a member of staff who advised me what to do in relation to submitting details of part time work I am doing. That was around 15th March, she said there was a 4 week backlog, but I still haven't received anything. So in effect I've been out of work three months and have not received any benefit yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

put on a 3 day week, so put claim in for other 2 days... had it in 2 weeks. Couldn't believe it as had heard all the horror stories. Am in Cobh, so seems its not an extremely busy office.. which is a good thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭scanlas

I'm waiting since the 2nd of March, still nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Portlaoise. JB.

Finished work on the 27th March. Went into office on 31st March.

Had dole by the 9th April.

First time on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Now it is 7 weeks today I havent received. Can I ask in the local office? Im in Galway do I go to Customer Desk and ask, will they tell me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Applied for JB end of March, no means test required. Still waiting to receive anything. No feedback, no letter, no phonecall, nothing whatsoever.
    Social welfare office is Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

I got my unemployment benefit within 2.5 weeks. Roscommon office. He told me that i could be waiting up to 8 weeks and to consider visiting CWO, then a letter landed on my doorstep to tell me that my payment was available for collection the following Friday. I was very surprised it came through so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

i went in about 3 weeks ago and was told my money would be ready to be collected in 5-6weeks. the backdated payment should be worth approx E900, has anyone any experience of any problems arising at this late stage of claiming?i have already earmarked(not spent) most of the money i'm due,i'd be gutted if something came up that prevented me getting it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

IT Loser wrote: »
    Did you apply for Benefit or Allowance?

Where did you apply for it?

Ta.

im getting jobseekers benefit and my office is Northumberland St in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Bagmagnet

Social Welfare Office:Limerick
    Social Welfare Payment:Jobseekers Allowance
    Application Date:25th May
    Weeks from Application to Payment:5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Waiting since mid may for JSA

6 weeks now,

South tipp offices

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Bagmagnet

Don't know why my claim was so quick going through..

This is what I did, something may have had an effect:

Went down first thing in the morning. Was about the 10th person to claim on that day (I said in a previous post that I claimed on the 25th May, it was actually the 27th).

I had all documents, bills, forms of id etc. with me when I made my claim.

Had my means test about 2 weeks after I made the claim.

Applied for supplementary welfare allowance on the 26th June.

Received supplementary allowance on the 1st July.

Will be receiving JSA on the 6th or 7th of July. I received 2 letters with different dates..

I also have no land/property/loans/shares/children/business/inheritance/spouse.. Just a bank account with no money in it.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

1 week, Tallaght. Got JB straight after finishing college. (claim made on 20/5, approved on 27/5)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Neeties2

I applied on 9th Dec i was means tested on 5th May and still no payment. Myself and my son are almost homeless!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭jenny retro

Galway city,
    applied for JSA on 21st JANUARY, got my first payment on, I believe 9th JUNE.
    not kidding, got supplementary welfare in the meantime so i was ok, but wouldn't want to have mortgage payments or anything. Cant remember when the means test was, think Feb or march sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jjf212

Hi,

I applied for the JSA on 10th March 2009. I got all my documentation in on 20th March 2009 and I have called into the office 3 times since as I was afraid I had not submitted everything. Each time they said my application was fine but the office had not dealt with March yet.

I have gone to the CWO and I am in receipt of the SWA so things are ok. However I am just wondering how long more it will be. I have a significant amount of credit card debt which I built up while waiting for the backpay (I didnt visit the CWO for a long time (6th June) as initially the office staff told me it would be no more than 2 months.

From 20th March it has been 16 weeks!!

I am in Cork City by the way. Has anyone had similar experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jjf212

Hey thanks for reply.

I had my means test on March 10th - the day I first went in. I am getting SWA so I am effectively getting the JSA so cant really complain.

I know that in Cork now they seem to be processing the new applicants first (since a few weeks ago). My friend signed on about 3 weeks ago and he got sorted in less than 2 weeks.

I have heard similar stories from people who signed on at this stage. Something to do with pressure from the Govt to stop the bad press of waiting times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭irish life

Went into Apollo House on 3rd July to claim Jobseekers Allowance. Was given the date of 5th August to go back in and see an officer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Like others I am applying for jobseeker's allowance, made the application on the 12th of May at Portarlington dole office. I am still waiting, I have not had a visit from the inspector, I cannot claim SWA as I live with my partner so we have to live on his income which is just above the threshhold for any supplementary payments. I have been told that I may only get a half payment as I have a child, and based on his earnings, I hope to God I get it because things are very very tight. If I am still waiting by August with no word then I'll contact a local TD and see what happens there.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭tinyfox

Passed means test 2 months ago and still awaiting payment. Signed on almost 9 weeks ago in Cork and am not eligible for rent allowance or emergency pay as partner is earning €30 a week above the maximum allowed.

Was told in dole office will be waiting up to 12 weeks. Anybody had any different in Cork in recent weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Applied on April 01st (no joke :D) and considered myself very lucky to get payment 7 weeks later as the Clondalkin Office was a nightmare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Signed-on Clondalkin on 11th-Febuary, same-day as let-go.
    Woman there stamped our' forms from that day but as it was 1.30 & they closed at 3.30, she told us no-point waiting as queue was too-big anyway to be seen til next day.
    Went down. No. 36 @ 9/9.30. Fecked off to Mill S.C. for brekkie & came back over an hour later & ondly up-to 15 or 16 @ 10.45.
    Got seen to at 11.30 or after. Moved home then & transfered my claim on the Monday imediately after. Got it within 3-weeks max. afaik.

Note: Day you lose your' job, sign-on as 1st x 3-days are waiting days (wtf? don't ask....some stupid archaic civil service rule no doubt!). My form was stamped on the day even though I wouldn't be seen so I got full-weeks' payment from the Monday after if you get my drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭SMM

SW Office: Cork City
    Payment: Job Seekers Benefit
    Application Date: April 14th 09
    Payment: Pending

14 weeks and counting.....not a sausage....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Tomorrow marks the 2nd week of waiting since the Means Test

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Jafin

Applied last october, had to wait 2/3 weeks for my first payment. That was the one thats not means tested (always get the 2 mixed up)
    Still jobless and had to apply for the measn tested one. They sent me a letter 3 months before my dole was due to be up and I had an interview in late April, got my first payment for that 2 weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Little procedural update on the situation in Bray.

I spoke to a girl in the office, last FRIDAY, July 24th.

She said that this Thursday, July 30th, they would be closing the office to try and get through some of the pending claims.

She also said that my name was down in the computer as being in the line for payment, which was encouraging.

However, she basically said that I could be another 2-4 weeks waiting, but that I was definitely approaching completion.

Finally, some feedback.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Office: Cork City Hanover St.
    Status: Made appointment today for next week, may qualify based on credits for JSB, in and out in 10 mins, place was empty. Real test next week of course, will update here as I go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Received letter today after 20 weeks. Cork City Office.

Advertisement