Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No response to Jobseekers Application during Covid

Options
  • 19-05-2020 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I applied for jobseekers allowance online at the start of the Coronavirus lockdown, but it's been nearly 2 months and it's still says it's"under review". I contacted them and they said there was a huge number of applications, but 2 months should've been enough to get to an application submitted at the start.

Anyone in the same situation or know more about it? I know people who got their Covid payments right away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Make It Real

Are you eligible for the Covid €350 payment? Or did you lost you job for other reasons / leave?

Details here: https://www.gov.ie/en/service/be74d3-covid-19-pandemic-unemployment-payment/

If you are, you should apply for it and it offers the opportunity to apply for the standard Jobseekers Benefits at the end of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

That is strange. mine got processed within around 10 - 15 working days when was the last time you rang them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr_j

Are you eligible for the Covid €350 payment? Or did you lost you job for other reasons / leave?

Details here:

If you are, you should apply for it and it offers the opportunity to apply for the standard Jobseekers Benefits at the end of the process.

Not eligible for the Covid payment, was looking for a job before and only applied after I found out about the whole quarantine thing.
    That is strange. mine got processed within around 10 - 15 working days when was the last time you rang them?

I rang them about 2 weeks in and emailed a couple weeks after that, they basically said that they're working on it and that they have a load of claims to process. I will try to call them again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Online applications aren't worth the paper they're not written on. The system has all but collapsed. Check the JSA/JSB waiting times thread and the Covid payment getting priority over JSA/JSB thread for multiple examples including me.

Long story short but I contated my local Intreo office and they said they couldn't access the online system but sent me a form to print out and fill in. I filled it out and delivered it to the office that day. I got an email the next day to say my claim was approved and the money due (including backdated) was paid the following week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr_j

Yeah, did the same. I applied in person and got approved the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I applied on the 15th of April, as that was when I was officially let go from my job (not covid related). Somebody only got back to me this week. I have been paid 2 weeks JB but the rest hasn't been backdated.

Advertisement