Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats up with the nonstop roadworks on the N11 & N25?

Options
  • 03-10-2018 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Jesus they have this road dug up and being resurfaced at various places non stop throughout the year. 
    Resufacing parts of the road that aren't even bad to begin with. 
    Then you have the rest of the counties roads in tatters, especially coming into Wexford town and around Enniscorthy. Some of them are in horrendous condition. 
    You think the council would fix roads that are actually in shíte, rather than digging up the N11 non stop, causing massive traffic jams? It's not so bad at the moment, but earlier in the year and last year there was awful tailbacks for miles because of it. 
    Sorry for the rant but it has to be said.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

At this time of the year they are spending what's left of the annual budget. If it's not all spent then next year they'll only get the equivalent amount of what was spent this year. This carry on happens every year. Bad budget planning through the year and a big spend towards the end to use up their budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

I've seen this happen on other roads that are about to be downgraded by a new road (or connect to a new road). I always assumed that part of the budget for the new road was spent sprucing up the old road as it won't get anything like the amount of funding in the future when it is reclassified as an R road and is solely the responsibility of the CoCo to maintain without any support from the NRA (or whatever they're called now).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I've seen this happen on other roads that are about to be downgraded by a new road (or connect to a new road). I always assumed that part of the budget for the new road was spent sprucing up the old road as it won't get anything like the amount of funding in the future when it is reclassified as an R road and is solely the responsibility of the CoCo to maintain without any support from the NRA (or whatever they're called now).

The N11 was cracking up in a lot of places,plus it remains an N road below Oylgate.

Good bit of road frontage presumably when it reverts to an R road?

Advertisement