Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm don't have any plans, so it just depends on Retr0 and would assume Saturday is best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Whenever suits me

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

The 11th is out for me as its my Birthday and we are taking the kids up to Santa's Lodge and staying the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,930 ✭✭✭Doge

The 11th is out for me as its my Birthday and we are taking the kids up to Santa's Lodge and staying the night.

Bring them up to Cidey's lodge instead!

I'm sure he'd look perfect in a Santa outfit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doge wrote: »
    Bring them up to Cidey's lodge instead!

I'm sure he'd look perfect in a Santa outfit!

Working on the beard as we speak!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Perhaps looking at the 5th of December as the date to aim for, for the Christmas Beers.
    Have some "stuff" coming up over the following week and just can't do it then.
    Let me know, either way, and if Saturday 5th is out for too many people, someone else might like to take on the occasion, it's up to you guys!

5th should be good for me, depends on Retr0 as per usual.
    Christmas party is the week after and the beers was my excuse out of it. Better think of another :p

Bad news I'm afraid.
    With one thing and another I'm not going to be able to host the Xmas Beers this year :(
    So, if someone else wants to take it on, that'd be great.
    If not, that's OK too, and sure we'll all meet up in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hope everything is alright!

Star Lord wrote: »

Just "stuff"
    If someone else hosts it I will probably attend but there's health stuff going on and with so much to organise it just isn't possible to run it in December.
    So, sorry to all :(
    I would suggest something in January but I've no idea where this is heading for us, so until its resolved I'll have to bow out of hosting for a little while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Star Lord wrote: »

Just "stuff"
    If someone else hosts it I will probably attend but there's health stuff going on and with so much to organise it just isn't possible to run it in December.
    I would suggest something in January but I've no idea where this is heading for us, so until its resolved I'll have to bow out of hosting for a little while.
    Sorry to hear Cidey. I hope whatever it is isn't too serious and is resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Just "stuff"

No Need to be sorry you have done more than enough for the retro night meets....

Hope every things sorts itself out....

If someone else hosts it I will probably attend but there's health stuff going on and with so much to organise it just isn't possible to run it in December. So, sorry to all :(
    No need to be sorry at all! Don't be silly. Hopefully we'll see you on another night. Fingers and toes crossed things will improve soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Just "stuff"

:( hope everything's ok

If you need boards support in any way, get in touch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hope all is ok! Don't worry about it at all, you're always very good for hosting the beers :)

Thanks for the kind words, fingers and everything else crossed that it all works out.
    I wouldn't have mentioned it at all only the Beers was planned.
    Might see you all at another venue before Christmas or in the New Year, otherwise it's business as usual here anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm happy to host again to take the pressure off.

We might be looking at the 12th though.

DinoRex wrote: »

Should be okay for me if it's okay with Retr0

I will see closer to the day if I can get to it.
    I'll let you know.
    And thanks Dino for taking on the horde...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That's during a week off from work so I'm all for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Can't do the 12th :( I'll manage to make it to one of yours yet Dino!

Still on for the 12th?

Still on for the 12th?

Yep. Sorry. Been super busy with work.

But yes. I'm still good to go for the 12th.

Yep. Sorry. Been super busy with work.

But yes. I'm still good to go for the 12th.
    Great stuff. Anyone let on to Sparks about it?

The rule of Enternow has struck me down and I won't be able to make tomorrow night :( soz guys!

The rule of Enternow has struck me down and I won't be able to make tomorrow night :( soz guys!

:eek:

Out of work. Heading home soon to clean the gaff up and get ready.

Thanks again for a lovely evening Dino.
    Great to see peeps again !

We finished Soma! We got home around 4 though. Thanks to Cidey for the SS, I didn't open it yet, I just went straight to bed.
    Thanks for having us over.
    Where was the magic conch?

• Advertisement

All+hail+the+magic+conch_ff8784_4685529.jpg

Advertisement