Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 229 Nurmagomedov vs McGregor - Sat Oct 6th **Warning in first post!**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

3rd round sub RNC #Andstill

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

McGregor by Sub
    Duff wrote: »
    Have a flight to LA at half 7

What are you going to Los Angeles for, Duff?

Only joking, have you ever heard this? :p Classic Burr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Commanchie wrote: »
    Anywhere between 4.30 and 5.15 your time. Has to be shownover by 6am

Many thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

A reminder to those dropping in and those here long enough to know better..mod warning in the first post, you are advised to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Like others I'm struggling to pick a winner so I've put money on McGregor to get a TKO in round 2 and voted for Khabib to win by TKO.

McGregor will want Khabib to take risks to get into range for takedowns and Khabib doesn't really have the tools to get into range with someone like McGregor without taking risks.

Can Khabib take the shots in the way Diaz did to keep the pressure on McGregor and force him back or will he get lit up like Alvarez?

Going to be a fascinating fight both for guys at the peak of their powers and the difference in styles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,537 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    Khabib’s chin and ability to take and weather clean strikes, should he get hit clean shots, is the key. If he can take shots I expect him to exert constant forward pressure on Conor, backing Conor up, making Conor commit and commit and defend and defend. I reckon Conor starts really tiring mid rd 3...getting subbed in rd 4.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,463 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

McGregor by Sub
    I'm ****ing wrecked already, I'd say I'll be setting my alarm for the main card and I have 2 shots of proper twelve left so will have a nice glass for the main event.

As dangerous as I think Khabib is, I can't see him finishing Conor on the ground so it's just a matter of how many shots he can take so i have Conor by TKO by late round 2, early round 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

walshb wrote: »
    Khabib’s chin and ability to take and weather clean strikes, should he get hit clean shots, is the key. If he can take shots I expect him to exert constant forward pressure on Conor, backing Conor up, making Conor commit and commit and defend and defend. I reckon Conor starts really tiring mid rd 3...getting subbed in rd 4.....

Ah if he gets cracked with a counter, and gets wary?

• Registered Users Posts: 54,537 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McGregor by Sub
    Ah if he gets cracked with a counter, and gets wary?

That’s the “if” I speak of...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

walshb wrote: »
    That’s the “if” I speak of...

I genuinely think someone is going to get hurt in this fight. Like proper hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor by Sub
    Does anyone else think Pettis has no business being in this fight, even accounting for Ferguson's injury?

I'm convinced he's finished and struggling with the weight just makes me think he's gonna have a bad time.

McGregor by Decision
    Any chance the mods can put the walk out time into the thread title? It would prevent us having to hear "what time is walkout" for the next 8 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

McGregor by Sub
    Does anyone else think Pettis has no business being in this fight, even accounting for Ferguson's injury?

I'm convinced he's finished and struggling with the weight just makes me think he's gonna have a bad time.

I actually think it's a pick 'em fight. Could see Pettis winning. Tony had surgery 6 months ago. If he attacks that leg it could be a bad night for Tony.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

McGregor by Sub
    Any chance the mods can put the walk out time into the thread title? It would prevent us having to hear "what time is walkout" for the next 8 hours.

There is no specific walk-out time. It depends how other fights go.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Spr1ngsteen

Sorry guys, looking to buy in the fight. Where do I get it? Sky customer, no BT though. Can I just buy the fight? Don't wanna sign up to BT. This possible?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its on the front page, no room in the title. People of course dont think to read the first page or look at the other threads and will just ask the same question over and over again...

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Sorry guys, looking to buy in the fight. Where do I get it? Sky customer, no BT though. Can I just buy the fight? Don't wanna sign up to BT. This possible?

VPN set to Germany and buy from UFC directly

McGregor by Decision
    callaway92 wrote: »
    There is no specific walk-out time. It depends how other fights go.

I know that, this isnt' my first rodeo Im on here for every fight night and PPV :D But you could add to the title "Any time after 4AM" etc.

McGregor by Decision
    Axwell wrote: »
    Its on the front page, no room in the title. People of course dont think to read the first page or look at the other threads and will just ask the same question over and over again...

Only trying to be helppful :) Fair enough.

Time is going by so slow.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

What’s the story with eir website, can’t seem to stream using any browsers?

Easy Rod wrote: »
    On PC it's garbage, the only browser that works is Internet Explorer. And the stream seems to be quite low res and low bitrate (the times that I tried).

I normally use the Android app and cast to a chromecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

McGregor by Sub
    Football training tomorrow and the rest of the card is poor enough until the co-main so have decided to be sensible and go to bed early. It'll be a cup of tea at 5am for me for the two fights and I'll leave my significant, non-Proper Twelve containing, whiskey collection intact.

See you all on the far side and enjoy the fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,351 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I love the circus style hype that’s just before a mcgregor fight. Can’t wait, out for a few pints now, big dirty curry then hopefully keep the eyes open until 5! Just hope it’s a good fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

McGregor by Sub
    I've missed watching Tony Ferguson so much, can't wait for his fight and hope his knee is in the condition it needs to be.
    Had faith dealt him a different hand he could be UFC lightweight champion now, with his mental strength I don't put it past him rectifying that in the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Clip on line of someone wearing a Team McGregor UFC shirt fighting in the audience at the event....

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

McGregor by Sub
    Easy Rod wrote: »
    On PC it's garbage, the only browser that works is Internet Explorer. And the stream seems to be quite low res and low bitrate (the times that I tried).

I normally use the Android app and cast to a chromecast.

Think Firefox works also from memory? For a company that has control of a lot of major sports content their streaming service is complete dog****!

Anyone know if you need to be connected to your home network to access Eir Sport app that's free for bb only customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Think Firefox works also from memory? For a company that has control of a lot of major sports content their streaming service is complete dog****!

Anyone know if you need to be connected to your home network to access Eir Sport app that's free for bb only customers?

Nope, im using my aunts details in another area of the country and using the app all the time no bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

McGregor by Sub

Nope, im using my aunts details in another area of the country and using the app all the time no bother

Cheers! It's definitely a broadband only contract?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement