Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-01-2020, 17:21   #376
Dice02

Hi all,

Happy New Year to you all!!
I am a resident of the new estate since September and have couple of things that I would like to ask/let you know:
- I have called Virgin Media in connection to the broadband line. They have raised a case for me and advised that if more residents will ring and open cases for Knightsgate things might move quicker for all of us. Please call Virgin Media and ask for Sales Dept should you like to open a case.
- Does anybody know who looks after servicing the heating system? I know we have couple of years warranty , however no one mentioned anything about service of the system to us, how often needs to be done as the system is always on?
- Also, does anybody knows what and who do we need to talk to about getting a playground in the estate? I think we need one for the kids as there is none in the proximity.
Any thoughts are welcomed. Thank you!!
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-01-2020, 14:02   #377
Dommi1

@Dice02 I definitely think we should somehow get a request in for a playground. There will be quite a large amount of kids in the estate once everyone is in.
08-01-2020, 14:13   #378
Dommi1

I've just had the guys over to fix our plumbing/ drains as they were all blocked. We even have a sewredge smell coming from the drains in our garden. When I asked the guy if the problem was solved he accused me of flushing 'too many' wipes and this is what is causing the problem. Our family dosn't use wipes at all and even if we did we would not flush them.

I have spoken to a few of our neighbors and they have said they've been accused of the exact same thing. I'm getting a bit worried that they didnt set the plumbing up properly or made a mistake somewhere and are now looking for an easy way to pass the buck.

Has anyone else had an issue like this or know who to go to? The problem is in no way solved and ourdrains are all still overflowing.
08-01-2020, 14:29   #379
Brian201888

We'd some minor issues with the outside drains and they came out and cleared them out, think my wife said something about them mentioning wipes which we also don't use.

We also had a note in the door yesterday saying they would be entering to do some work on the drains so may be an issue all over, better get solved if so.
08-01-2020, 19:52   #380
louni31

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any updates/information in relation to the next phase of the 4 beds? Particularly anyone already resident on the estate - early December it looked as if there were nearly good to go from the outside....

Thanks - this thread has been very useful in terms of info!
Advertisement
08-01-2020, 19:53   #381
Dr.MickKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice02 View Post

- I have called Virgin Media in connection to the broadband line. They have raised a case for me and advised that if more residents will ring and open cases for Knightsgate things might move quicker for all of us. Please call Virgin Media and ask for Sales Dept should you like to open a case.
I rang them this evening and opened a case. They said they would arrange for an engineer to come out to the area to check the feasibility and after that then it will come down to the amount of interest. I'll update here if I hear anything back but I would also encourage everyone to get onto the Sales Dept.
(2) thanks from:
14-01-2020, 12:46   #382
Stephen Strange

Folks, any update on broadband?

If not, existing residents should make a complaint to eir. Eir have an obligation to provide fixed line telephone services under Section 3 of SI336 of 2011. First step is make a formal complaint regarding their failure to comply with that, seeking a timeframe for resolution. Then if that complaint is not resolved, make a complaint to Comreg.

The reality of the situation is that if they install the phone line cabling, that will be connected to the broadband cabinet.
14-01-2020, 12:48   #383
flowrider04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Strange View Post

If not, existing residents should make a complaint to eir. Eir have an obligation to provide fixed line telephone services under Section 3 of SI336 of 2011. First step is make a formal complaint regarding their failure to comply with that, seeking a timeframe for resolution. Then if that complaint is not resolved, make a complaint to Comreg.

The reality of the situation is that if they install the phone line cabling, that will be connected to the broadband cabinet.
They may be waiting for the whole estate to be completed? I hope this is the case!
14-01-2020, 12:51   #384
Stephen Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowrider04 View Post
They may be waiting for the whole estate to be completed? I hope this is the case!
They shouldn't be. Eir are pretty much noncompliant in everything they do. Threatening them with comreg is required so often. I used to work for another provider where Eir were the wholesalers, nightmare
Thanks from:
Advertisement
14-01-2020, 12:59   #385
flowrider04

Quote:
They shouldn't be. Eir are pretty much noncompliant in everything they do. Threatening them with comreg is required so often. I used to work for another provider where Eir were the wholesalers, nightmare
Im hoping to put down a deposit on the 3 beds, so i would like to be proactive. What do we need to do?
14-01-2020, 13:34   #386
Stephen Strange

Quote:
Im hoping to put down a deposit on the 3 beds, so i would like to be proactive. What do we need to do?
Not a whole lot you can do until you're moved in and have requested an install unfortunately
15-01-2020, 09:22   #387
OctoberMammy

Quote:

Thanks, this is useful info - I've made a complaint to Eir with it and given them 14 days to come back.

I've also followed up with the Broadband Officer in Fingal County Council making him aware of it (he's also failed to come back with a response of any sort).

I've done up a template for a complaint if other people want to copy and paste. The more people who do it, the better.

You can log the complaint via email here: https://www.eir.ie/complaints

Here's the link to the Act of 2011 mentioned above: http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2...36/made/en/pdf

As a resident of the Knightsgate estate in Rush, Co. Dublin, I have been consistently ignored in my attempts to obtain a timeline for a broadband connection over the past four months.

I am aware that the Broadband Officer in Fingal County Council has also liaised with you, to no avail. We have been fobbed off several times with claims that 'work is underway on site' and that 'the sub-duct work is assigned with the cable and splice to follow.' Yet there is still no timeline on availability.

This is simply not good enough.

I am amongst many people living in Knightsgate who work from home and rely on a stable broadband connection for work. Not only is your refusal to engage with residents and resolve this issue frustrating, but it is having a negative impact on my career.

I am now logging an official complaint regarding your failure to comply with Section 3 of SI336 of the Act of 2011 - http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/eli/2...36/made/en/pdf

You are obligated to 'provide fixed line telephone services' under this act, and you are not fulfilling this obligation.

I intend to escalate this complaint to Comreg within 14 days if you do not provide a timeframe for this situation to be resolved.

Yours,
(2) thanks from:
15-01-2020, 10:27   #388
flowrider04

Has anyone asked the developer the status??

Only the developer can liaise with OpenEir who provides the connection to the estate.
15-01-2020, 11:34   #389
OctoberMammy

Quote:
Has anyone asked the developer the status??

Only the developer can liaise with OpenEir who provides the connection to the estate.
Unfortunately the developer has washed their hands of it and say that it's up to OpenEir to make the decision - and that they won't confirm a date with them, either.
17-01-2020, 00:48   #390
oreilly94

Hi Everyone,
Was considering buying a house in knights gate.
Just wonder what's the commute like for anyone working in the city centre.
Is the traffic bad on the Rush to Lusk road in the mornings?
And similare question , is the Lusk to M1 road busy in the mornings? Just wondering as I'm aware these roads are basically "country" roads.

What's the train and bus route like also?

Thanks in advance

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion