1. Predict the "IMT" (Irish Mean Temperature), an average for five locations, Claremorris, Mullingar, Casement, Oak Park and Shannon, for November. The average for 1981-2010 was 7.2 C.
2. Predict the MAX, highest temperature at any of 25 reporting stations as listed on the met.ie website under "yesterday's weather" during the month of November.
3. Predict the MIN, lowest temperature at any of 25 reporting stations as listed on the met.ie website under "yesterday's weather" during the month of November.
4. Predict the PRC, average precip for eleven locations including the five listed above in addition to Malin Head, Ballyhaise, Belmullet, Johnstown Castle, Cork and Valentia, as a percentage of normal (which would be 100%).
5. Predict the SUN, average sunshine for six locations (Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork, Valentia) as a percentage of normal.
6. BONUS: Predict the lowest daily MAX at any of the 25 regular stations, the location and date. The value will be worth 6 points, the location and date can score two each for the quarter of the field closest, and one for anyone else guessing the right province and a date within 5. Then you can also earn one or two superbonus points, 6+2+2 will earn 2, and anything that adds to 9 will add one.
As always, the deadline will be 0300h Friday 1st November and late penalties will apply after that.
... Good luck ...