Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-12-2018, 08:52   #46
beertons

HMod: TCH
Was the dog hholding the camera? Bit shakey, I've seen worse.
Advertisement
04-12-2018, 08:53   #47
Strawberry Milkshake

Surely the Garda had good reason to have his gun drawn in the first place. He was then left with only one free hand which he needed to use to grab at his own tie.

These videos only really show what they want you to show. Like c’mon, a fella gets shot in the foot and the woman still just carries on recording! If that were my husband (not that either of us would be in that situation), I think I’d have dropped the phone and ran to help him.
04-12-2018, 08:53   #48
PrettyBoy

Pity the bullet only hit his foot.
04-12-2018, 08:53   #49
sheesh

there is no dog, there is no blood on the ground either I think he just fired his gun

unless the dog was coming at him from well behind the van and he figured that i'll kill the dog and that will put a bit of order on proceedings because he is going to attack.

Alternatively his first round was a blank (which I heard on the news along time ago that guards do that to provide a warning shot). he fired a blank round into the dogs face.

Last edited by sheesh; 04-12-2018 at 09:02.
04-12-2018, 08:55   #50
Graniteville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonftw View Post

How do you know they're travellers? Bit racist.
Listen to it - only one shower of sh1tes talks like that, and they are the scum that cause untold hurt and hardships to thousands of decent people every year.

Ireland's largest criminal group - Travellers
Advertisement
04-12-2018, 08:55   #51
Strawberry Milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheesh View Post
there is no dog, there is no blood on the ground either I think he just fired his gun
Why is the mans right shoulder and arm hanging lower than his left side in the first few seconds of the video?
04-12-2018, 08:56   #52
El Tarangu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTA69 View Post

I’m sure this thread will be full of hearty cheers for a cop shooting a Traveller doing the bollix, but at the end of the day give the state of our police force I wouldn’t be too eager to be lauding them banging people whenever they feel like it. If their reaction to every bit of a scuffle is shooting someone then we’re in for a lot of sh*t in future.

I don't know; yer man had the garda by the tie, he was off-balance. If the garda had have ended up on the ground and the dog attacked, he would have been in trouble.

Plus, there was the wife (I presume) and I don't know that status of the fellow in the van, but nothing to say that he might have decided to turn on the garda as well.

If the garda was wearing a tie like that, he may not have been on duty, might not have been able to radio for backup easily. It is easy for us to say at this remove: "Well, yer man was a bollix, but the Garda probably shouldn't have shot him"; a bit different I'd say if you were on your own, surrounded by several people and a big, agitated dog.
(3) thanks from:
04-12-2018, 08:57   #53
Gavin "shels"

Send a message via MSN to Gavin "shels"
Have Pavee Point released a statement yet?
04-12-2018, 08:57   #54
FTA69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttonftw View Post
He had his gun drawn so in that situation I don't see how he could not use it. Especially when it's 2-on-1. They knew he had the gun, he warned them several times to stop and to let go.

How do you know they're travellers? Bit racist.
Right so because he happens to have a gun in his possession he's obliged to use it? Pretty dodgy logic there mate.

How do I know they're Travellers? The same way I can often tell if a given black person in London is African or Jamaican, by looking at them and listening to them. Am I missing something here like?
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
04-12-2018, 08:57   #55
amcalester

Quote:
See when the camera pans out I don’t see any dog? He video doesnt show any dog at any stage. Surely if the German Shepard had have jumped up and caught the guard’s tie then he’d have been visible? As I said, maybe it did happen and the video is just unclear and misleading - a common occurrence.

What would I expect the guard to do if someone did grab him? Whack him in the face with the gun perhaps? Call for help? CS spray him? A scuffle can’t be reason to shoot someone. I remember seeing a brawl outside a pub and guards were getting grabbed and knocked over while trying to break it up, I wouldn’t have thought that them going around shooting people in the legs would have been a proportionate response.
Once there is a gun involved it's never a bit of a scuffle. What would happen if the other guys de-armed the Guard (he appears to be outnumbered 3-1), no matter whether it's a dog or a person the Guard can't let that happen.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
04-12-2018, 08:58   #56
gozunda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real View Post
Of course we can't see a dog in the video.

Screaming Mary there wouldn't show anything from the waist down, lest it portray the actual situation and scupper her compo case.

Breaking news: Lowlifes use phone camera to record screaming abuse at garda "and me 3 weeks to go to deospital & etc while other guy is being attacked in the van ...

Last edited by gozunda; 04-12-2018 at 16:31.
(4) thanks from:
04-12-2018, 08:59   #57
lawred2

That camera 'lady' is a fine specimen of humanity..

What's going on there anyway?

Is the driver of the blue van being assaulted in plain view of an armed guard? And the same lad then grabs the tie of the guard? Seems like a bullet in the leg is justified to me really..

What's this about a dog?
(4) thanks from:
04-12-2018, 09:01   #58
lawred2

Quote:
Right so because he happens to have a gun in his possession he's obliged to use it? Pretty dodgy logic there mate.

How do I know they're Travellers? The same way I can often tell if a given black person in London is African or Jamaican, by looking at them and listening to them. Am I missing something here like?
Who said anything about being obliged to use it?

But he should be free to use it when physically threatened and outnumbered no?
Thanks from:
04-12-2018, 09:01   #59
backspin.

More criminals should be shot.
(3) thanks from:
04-12-2018, 09:03   #60
FTA69

It's the dog thing that's bemusing me more than anything, like how would you even go about making a recording of an armed guard being grabbed by a dog, the dog getting shot and then not have the dog be in the screen once? It's baffling really.

If the guard was grabbed by a German Shepard I wouldn't contest the shooting at all that having been said.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion