Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-12-2018, 16:21   #271
uptothetop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaGuy45 View Post
You could go North.

North Sentinel Island

No tax there whatsoever and an idyllic unspoiled environment.
That's the joke!
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 16:30   #272
mvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEP View Post
We're lucky that we have the choice to easily emigrate to other places, and I think everyone should at least spend some time living and working somewhere else. You then realise that everywhere has good and bad sides.
+1

but also thinking that ppl who are considering emigrating from a place like Ireland to good few countries in Middle East (when they have no ties to the region) would have different core values than I do ...
06-12-2018, 17:27   #273
Blaizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEP View Post
At the end of the day you'll find faults with every country. The Nordics have some of the highest rates of anti-depressant use and alcoholism in the world. In the US, unless you're born into a decent family you're absolutely screwed. Healthcare is a bigger shambles than here, the wealth divide is much, much greater. Spain has massive youth unemployment and salaries are crap. Germany and Benelux people are a bit boring if we're being honest. France is having lots of problems. The UK is a **** show right now and the list goes on. BUT if you're born into any of these countries (including Ireland, most western European countries, Australia etc.), you don't have it too bad at all. When comparing countries (in this case Ireland to other countries) we pick out the bad parts of Ireland and compare only to the good parts of the other country.

We're lucky that we have the choice to easily emigrate to other places, and I think everyone should at least spend some time living and working somewhere else. You then realise that everywhere has good and bad sides.
We are lucky we have choice here to emigrate to other places and this is definitely a positive.And you are right lots of other countries have problems but in some areas we seem to be going down the tubes here things the op mentioned in his first post like health and housing and then we have fairly poor public transport especially if living in rural Ireland and then just in general living costs are very high here. It's understandable why people would want to move to a more affordable place rather than just be a wage slave with very little in return.It could be so much better here.
06-12-2018, 17:32   #274
rdsopix

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguzman View Post
Ireland has Nordic Taxation levels and developing country levels of public services.

Taxation is theft because you pay for nothing other than lies from corrupt politicians.
Sorry to see you leave, after the Irish society paid for your hospital at birth, your education, the roads you used, safety, safety standards, etc.

Where are you moving to?
06-12-2018, 18:28   #275
pauliebdub

You're deluded if you think that life in other countries is better than here or that you won't encounter any problems or that you will be wealthier or necessarily happier but good luck.
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 18:43   #276
engiweirdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauliebdub View Post
You're deluded if you think that life in other countries is better than here or that you won't encounter any problems or that you will be wealthier or necessarily happier but good luck.
I dunno tbh. The nod and wink, backslapping culture here is pretty fcukin draining. There's a hell of a lot of Irish people who thrive in another country and I reckon the country itself doesn't really matter, it's just a case of literally anywhere else. Hence life definitively can be better with all the associated bells and whistles not present in the soggy island.
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 18:46   #277
cnocbui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Deaf 4evr View Post
I think that's more of a holdover from the imperial / metric system of measurement.
No it isn't, it's straight out protectionism originally designed to feather bed Irish manufacturers.
06-12-2018, 19:04   #278
jmayo

It would be something if the OP was off to somewhere in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, the States or Canada, but they are supposedly off to Qatar.
Yep the future hosts of the world cup that has cost the most in lives.

FFS to bitch about Ireland, claiming you are leaving to go somewhere better and then in the next post say you are off to Qatar has to be a bit of a pi**take.

Anyway just for the Op here are some rules for expats in Qatar.
Although they seem to be a self anointed expert on all Middle East so probably know it all already.

1. No public displays of affection
2. No shoulders or knees showing in public.
3. No travel abroad, no buying car, no renting a place, no loans without your boss’s permission.
4. No booze, well you can get a license to buy it with your boss's permission.
5. No phones in the gym - not a bad rule if you ask me.
6. No nudity in the change rooms - well for women anyway.
7. Don't be sick or you won't pass the medical.
8. Don't flip the bird whilst driving or even on social media.
9. Don't complain or criticise the rulers.
06-12-2018, 19:19   #279
theguzman

I see people would prefer to criticize the country I merely stated is an attractive option, I am not confirmed to go there merely thinking about it plus other countries.

Money and wealth is important to me and I don't care about Homosexual rights or if Nepali labourers get mistreated, not my problem, I look out for no. 1 and that is me and my legacy, saving wealth for my future and my children.

The traditional way of life in Ireland is totally under attack and you can't do anything here because everything is structured for the pigs in the trough. Taxes are far far too high when social spending should be vastly slashed and the public sector severely reduced and outsourced.

I don't even bother to complain about the weather because there is nothing I can do other than continue to fill my airmiles account to escape it as often as possible. Irish culture isn't as great as we think it to be, there is huge jealousy of anyone trying to do the right thing and a reverse type of snobbery. People can whinge all they want but personal responsibility is almost an unheard of thing nowadays as it is always someone else fault for everything. The pursuit of wealth and happiness in Ireland has been forgotten in the name of equality and diversity, basically drag everyone down into the gutter and let everyone be poor and miserable together.

The middle class in Ireland has been crushed and there exists merely the working poor and ultra-wealthy now, unlike the leftwing fools I don't begrudge or despise the rich, I aspire to better myself to be like them and with hard work and smart decisions anything is possible. For all the people who think Ireland is some sort of great place then they should buy some air tickets because Ireland is not a bad place at all but there is so much better out there.
Advertisement
06-12-2018, 19:29   #280
Savage93

Quote:
I see people would prefer to criticize the country I merely stated is an attractive option, I am not confirmed to go there merely thinking about it plus other countries.

Money and wealth is important to me and I don't care about Homosexual rights or if Nepali labourers get mistreated, not my problem, I look out for no. 1 and that is me and my legacy, saving wealth for my future and my children.

The traditional way of life in Ireland is totally under attack and you can't do anything here because everything is structured for the pigs in the trough. Taxes are far far too high when social spending should be vastly slashed and the public sector severely reduced and outsourced.

I don't even bother to complain about the weather because there is nothing I can do other than continue to fill my airmiles account to escape it as often as possible. Irish culture isn't as great as we think it to be, there is huge jealousy of anyone trying to do the right thing and a reverse type of snobbery. People can whinge all they want but personal responsibility is almost an unheard of thing nowadays as it is always someone else fault for everything. The pursuit of wealth and happiness in Ireland has been forgotten in the name of equality and diversity, basically drag everyone down into the gutter and let everyone be poor and miserable together.

The middle class in Ireland has been crushed and there exists merely the working poor and ultra-wealthy now, unlike the leftwing fools I don't begrudge or despise the rich, I aspire to better myself to be like them and with hard work and smart decisions anything is possible. For all the people who think Ireland is some sort of great place then they should buy some air tickets because Ireland is not a bad place at all but there is so much better out there.
Are you still here?
Agnes fukcing bored now so piss off!!!
06-12-2018, 19:33   #281
Taylor365

Quote:
Income tax is 20% on the first €43,550
What? Since when?
06-12-2018, 20:04   #282
relax carry on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor365 View Post
What? Since when?
That's in jointly assessed cases.
06-12-2018, 20:10   #283
PistolsAtDawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
Great, a country where slavery is still legal,.....enjoy
Only an issue if you are a slave
Thanks from:
06-12-2018, 20:44   #284
NSAman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsopix View Post
Sorry to see you leave, after the Irish society paid for your hospital at birth, your education, the roads you used, safety, safety standards, etc.

Where are you moving to?
Silly comment. Some of us still put a huge amount of money into the economy by way of cash going home to maintain our families there. We also spend lots of cash when we come home to visit. Each time I come home I drop a couple of thousand.

I probably put more into the economy cash wise than many people pay in tax.

You DO realise that during the period of 1920 to 1970 3 billion POUNDS was sent to Ireland by those people who had to emigrate? That figure does not include the cash that was sent to family through the post etc..etc.

You currently live in a country that would not be as wealthy without the support of people who emigrated?
06-12-2018, 21:22   #285
zweton

How about the Netherlands? Have heard good things.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion