Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-09-2018, 09:30   #31
Dick Swiveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabaal View Post
So you agree with me then?
If she cried as much as him she'd been called a hysterical woman.

I think we both know that to be true.
What do you mean agree with me?

Yes, some idiots would call her a hysterical moron, but not me. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-09-2018, 09:30   #32
Ads by Google

It really says something about how society is unfolding when you know exactly what any of the prominent posters will think and believe about cases like this. I don't have to post anything for some people on here to know exactly what I think about this case.

Stop pretending you care about the details of the case. You don't. All you're doing is looking at the case and matching it to your views.

I will give my thoughts for the people who don't know me. This is a political farce and it should be settled out of the public eye in a courtroom if required. Anyone who says something like #ibelieveher is dangerously stupid, like all those who did it for the Belfast case. Anyone who thinks this social justice is remotely ok is dangerously stupid.

Innocence before guilt and if you think otherwise, you are a piece of shlt.
30-09-2018, 09:31   #33
Dick Swiveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasFlynn View Post
A lot of democrats in America are using it to suggest because he got emotional it proves he's far too unfit/emotionally unstable to get onto the court.
Of course they are. It's all politics. The Democrats, from the beginning, said they were going to oppose his nomination with every fibre of their being.
30-09-2018, 09:34   #34
ThomasFlynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by batgoat View Post
He also incorporated an elaborate Clinton conspiracy into it. He didn't behave remotely professionally. This included lying about the meaning of certain things he wrote, Devil's Triangle being switched into a drinking game for example cause that gives him a better image. He was under oath...
He's been accused of attempted rape and likely has heard nothing but an onslaught of negative press which threatens to ruin his entire career and his name, what do you expect him to do?

Also, saying he's not fit for the court, well he's been a judge for a couple of decades at least now, and he's just another typical conservative judge, you might not agree with him, but he seems competent and his record at lower court levels show this to be the case, he's not some rookie the way Trump is as a "politician".

Oh btw, I actually believe Dr Ford and think there's a chance he did do it, its just that there's a reasonable chance he doesn't probably remember it given how intoxicated he was.
(2) thanks from:
30-09-2018, 09:34   #35
Malayalam

I saw him struggle to remain composed, I saw no hysteria. This person has been accused of molestation, facilitating gang rape and suggestions of paedophilia have been thrown into the mix for good measure. His family have been vilified and received death threats. He was attempting to defend himself not only before the senate but also knowing a huge national and international audience would witness him trying to defend himself against accusations that are as low as one can be accused of. I didn't begrudge him his emotions. It's of zero consequence to me who is appointed, I'm only going by what I saw in that testimony.
Advertisement
30-09-2018, 09:42   #36
Cabaal
Ultra Running Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoolcup View Post
What do you mean agree with me?

Yes, some idiots would call her a hysterical moron, but not me. You're doing exactly what you're accusing others of doing.
I never said you would call her that.
I said people would call her that and clearly you agree with me on that too,
30-09-2018, 09:44   #37
Dick Swiveller
Banned

Quote:
I never said you would call her that.
I said people would call her that and clearly you agree with me on that too,
Oh right. Yes, I agree people would say that and that is wrong. Sorry, I thought you were criticizing Kavanaugh for getting emotional.
30-09-2018, 09:46   #38
leggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ads by Google View Post
It really says something about how society is unfolding when you know exactly what any of the prominent posters will think and believe about cases like this. I don't have to post anything for some people on here to know exactly what I think about this case.

Stop pretending you care about the details of the case. You don't. All you're doing is looking at the case and matching it to your views.

I will give my thoughts for the people who don't know me. This is a political farce and it should be settled out of the public eye in a courtroom if required. Anyone who says something like #ibelieveher is dangerously stupid, like all those who did it for the Belfast case. Anyone who thinks this social justice is remotely ok is dangerously stupid.

Innocence before guilt and if you think otherwise, you are a piece of shlt.
Ridiculous post. Of course people are allowed have an opinion of an issue where the arguments are being unveiled before our eyes, it'd be weirder not to given the entire process is being held in public for that exact reason. Same reason they do public debates ahead of elections. Some people get so weird and touchy about sexual cases and start spewing crap like "You're not allowed think things or you're stupid!! If you didn't SEE the sexual assault how do you know?!"

I wasn't with OJ Simpson the night his wife got murdered, but I have thoughts about that too, as does everyone and their mother. You probably do too. The only difference with that and this is there's a sexual assault component here and that's making you weird and say things that just aren't true.
(2) thanks from:
30-09-2018, 09:46   #39
Donald Trump

#mebollix
Advertisement
30-09-2018, 09:47   #40
Dick Swiveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
Ridiculous post. Of course people are allowed have an opinion of an issue where the arguments are being unveiled before our eyes, it'd be weirder not to given the entire process is being held in public for that exact reason. Some people get so weird and touchy about sexual cases and start spewing crap like "You're not allowed think things or you're stupid!! If you didn't SEE the sexual assault how do you know?!"

I wasn't with OJ Simpson the night his wife got murdered, but I have thoughts about that too, as does everyone and their mother. You probably do too. The only difference with that and this is there's a sexual assault component here and that's making you weird and say things that just aren't true.
You can have your own private thoughts on the matter but when #ibelieveher starts trending on twatter, that's dangerous.
(3) thanks from:
30-09-2018, 09:51   #41
backspin.

For those who say.. #ibelieveher .. where is the logical end point of that. If that's the new standard will we even need the courts to adjudicate anymore or are we to just go straight to sentencings, sackings etc. without any investigation.

#roxannepallet #ibelieveher .. ??
30-09-2018, 09:51   #42
meeeeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasFlynn View Post
A lot of democrats in America are using it to suggest because he got emotional it proves he's far too unfit/emotionally unstable to get onto the court.
His very partisan rant made him unfit for the role. I don't know who to believe but when a potential supreme judge goes on party political speech about Trump then it makes a mockery out of separation of executive and judicial system.
30-09-2018, 09:52   #43
Cabaal
Ultra Running Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mookie Blaylock
One or 2 people may... but you're being disingenuous and your posts suggests it's a widespread thing.
Are you typing that with a straight face?

you honestly think only 1 or 2 people in all of the media, internet etc would refer to her as hysterical if she cried as much as he did?

[EDIT]Clearly you know your claim to be disingenuous because I see you've since deleted the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoolcup View Post
Oh right. Yes, I agree people would say that and that is wrong. Sorry, I thought you were criticizing Kavanaugh for getting emotional.
Nah, just making a comparison to if it was a women crying and the types of comments they'd likely get.

Regardless of if he is innocent or guilty he'd going to be upset, I wouldn't be critical of him over that.
30-09-2018, 09:55   #44
Mookie Blaylock

Quote:
Are you typing that with a straight face?

you honestly think only 1 or 2 people in all of the media, internet etc would refer to her as hysterical if she cried as much as he did?

[EDIT]Clearly you know your claim to be disingenuous because I see you've since deleted the post

Nah, just making a comparison to if it was a women crying and the types of comments they'd likely get.

Regardless of if he is innocent or guilty he'd going to be upset, I wouldn't be critical of him over that.
Deleted it because I no longer believe your post was worth the time or effort to reply...
30-09-2018, 09:57   #45
givyjoe

Quote:
That was why he cried and went on about his child praying etc, it was to do just that.
If she cried as much as him they'd be people claiming she was hysterical.
Some people WERE claiming he was hysterical. Alyssa Milano for one. She was behind him taking snaps on her mobile. She also implied his hysterics made him less credible.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion