Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Broadband €49.99 a month for life

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Pretty sure they were doing 29.99 a month for 70mb not that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Would never go back to them regardless of price. I
    had three months of phone calls and talking to comreg before they refunded me for money that they took for broadband that they never even provided to me.

Take a look at the old talk to eir forums before signing up! eir is a disaster to get out of.

Also I’d imagine it would be cheaper to switch to sky virgin and Vodafone every 12 months as they frequently have deals for new customers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Seems expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Vodafone is 25 a month and 40 after the initial 6 months, how is this a bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I agree its a weak effort from Eir but I suppose its the fixed price for life they are trying to sell

• Advertisement

• I pay €68 for 100mb and tv I’m two rooms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Until they call you and say they are breaking your contract...

Absolute filth of a company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I agree its a weak effort from Eir but I suppose its the fixed price for life they are trying to sell

By what definition is life though? Life of the contract till they increase the offer or cease to offer it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Eir for life sounds like an even worse deal.

I pay Pure Telecom 30 quid a month and can get through to them on the phone if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Ush1 wrote: »
    Eir for life sounds like an even worse deal.

I pay Pure Telecom 30 quid a month and can get through to them on the phone if needed.

What's the service like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

curranbaz wrote: »

What absolute scum

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    What absolute scum

Same as any network or provider really. Most people look at what they want to see - "X amount for Y length". But nearly all deals or contracts have clauses to change them.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

If you don't need the sport, Digiweb's equivalent is €40/month and this is not a promotional price:
    https://digiweb.ie/product/fibre-home-broadband/

Anytime calls (instead of off-peak) is an additional €5/month:
    https://digiweb.ie/product/fibre-broadband-unlimited/

One niggle is they still have fair usage limits in heir T&C's, however, I haven't heard of anyone in the past few years having their account suspended for excess usage.

When I had Digiweb a few years ago (DSL service), their customer service and technical support were quick to get through to and they generally were helpful, totally different to my previous experience with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    What absolute scum

Would you just cop yourself on! It is the likes of you that has seen this site go to absolute hell over the past while with absolutely no push back from the admins.

They are putting an offer out there for those interested. They are a company running a business! (And no I don't work for them before you jump to the usual Boards bullsh1t answer).

• Report Eir to the ASAI for misleading advertisement, I just did.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Oige1981

Did not even see this until now - funny - I rang Digiweb was put through to sales within 1 minute hold time - gave them all details regarding EIR we are currently paying €78 a month! I tested the speed last night it was approx 25-40mb - GoMo which I swapped over to was 50mb so 4G was faster! parents didn’t want to lose phone line - I searched all last night for deals and Sky - Virgin Etc all came in same as EIR then came across DigiWeb and the cost for faster broadband then EIR and unlimited calls both landline and mobile for €44.95 like that’s seriously some saving! the bill from EIR always kept changing so one month €79 the next €81 etc and it might be because we called 0818 numbers some businesses use these etc so you have no choice in calling them. I had issues before with EIR speed went really slow and they didn’t fix it automatically or was it flagged - I had to call helpline - I rang waited no joke 50 minutes listening to ****e hold music only for them to disconnect the call when it was ringing to put me through to someone - I was fuming! Digiweb has the highest ratings via Trust Pilot which are independent. I was only on the phone for approx 6 minutes today and all signed up and modem being sent out - I asked do you install it - no he said just plug it in when EIR is disconnected and plug your landline into the modem instead of the landline socket and everything will be working. That’s fantastic if it works which I have no doubt it will. Every bill each month is €78-83 with EIR over 12 months is €936 - again we need the landline number - swapped over to Digiweb and total cost per month is €44.95 no increase in price after 6 months that’s the price. €539 approx per year for landline all calls and higher speeds etc parents are going to be very happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

I have to agree, digiweb are very good, the only reason I left them was because of the 500GB fair usage cap on the up to 100MB broadband plans

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

What's the service like?

Very good for what they can do. It's Eirs network they're reselling so they are relying on Eir for any network repairs or checks but they are helpful and always pick up the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Signed up with 3 yesterday for 4g broadband. €30 on a 30 day contract. Seems to be very quick. Says unlimited but fair usage applies @ 750 gb per month. Seems fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Eir for life, jesus good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Report Eir to the ASAI for misleading advertisement, I just did.

Life like the word “unlimited” has a different meaning to operators and I double ASAI will come back with the result you expect

• Registered Users Posts: 22,124 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Pretty sure they were doing 29.99 a month for 70mb not that long ago.

They won’t give you 70mb if your house can get fiber. They refuse to sell you something for less money if it’s all you need

JAMCAR wrote: »
    I have to agree, digiweb are very good, the only reason I left them was because of the 500GB fair usage cap on the up to 100MB broadband plans

I didn't read that are you sure? I only signed up today as it's saving us allot of money, I think someone mentioned 1Tb per month if that's the case that's still loads as I don't do much etc but if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I'm with Eir with a couple of years and paying 39.99 for 100MB and the phone.
    I ring annually and say if they want me to stay make me an offer to stay.

I'm with Eir with a couple of years and paying 39.99 for 100MB and the phone.
    I ring annually and say if they want me to stay make me an offer to stay.

We pay over 78 a month sometimes 85 unlimited and calls to didn't even think of calling them letting them know we are leaving you, when I called before the 50 minutes hold time was ridiculous. The speed I got last night with EIR was 25-30mb and that was 2am so Digiweb 44.95 and not going up and can do everything the same was too good to pass up. Didn't know about them until searching last night and the highest Trustpilot reviews to.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

I jumped ship with Eir today, I was on the €29.99 Black Friday deal that was due to increase up to €61.99 next month. It took 3 phone calls - two of which they just cut me off after waiting about half an hour! Finally when I spoke to someone the best they could offer was this €49.99 deal so I passed and cancelled the contract.

Trying to choose between Sky and Vodaphone for a broadband / phone connection, they're both €420 for the year which is and average of €35 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

Signed up with 3 yesterday for 4g broadband. €30 on a 30 day contract. Seems to be very quick. Says unlimited but fair usage applies @ 750 gb per month. Seems fair enough

I hope it works out well for you, but you can possibly expect pathetic speeds at peak usage times, like we had.... Best speed we could ever get (with our service/location) with 3 Mobile BB was up to about 35mbps, but it could drop as low as 2mbps at the high-usage times, evenings etc. when you really want to be using it.....

I'm just in the process of ordering FTTH which has now become available to us and thanks to this thread I have another option to consider (Digiweb - didn't realise they were offering FTTH in our area). Eir aren't under consideration due to all the horror stories about their shambles of a customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,214 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Eir seem to be copying their little brother GoMo trying to stir up broadband customers, offering €49.99 a month for life for Broadband to first 10,000 customers (12 month contract). Personally won't go near them but it might interest some.

Broadband & Landline up to 100Mb
    €49.99
    a month forever!

Totally Unlimited Broadband
    Our fastest WiFi with our new fibre box
    Unlimited Off-Peak local & national calls
    FREE eir sport pack with Virgin Media Sport
    Speeds up to 100Mb

https://www.eir.ie/forlife/bundles/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAno_uBRC1ARIsAB496IWkZNLNcE-vGIbv4qcc8CkBfnneW6J9qyruLmavsmTYOJqOEgRFd2QaAv56EALw_wcB

€50 isn't that enticing

• Advertisement

ebeanz wrote: »
    I jumped ship with Eir today, I was on the €29.99 Black Friday deal that was due to increase up to €61.99 next month. It took 3 phone calls - two of which they just cut me off after waiting about half an hour! Finally when I spoke to someone the best they could offer was this €49.99 deal so I passed and cancelled the contract.

Trying to choose between Sky and Vodaphone for a broadband / phone connection, they're both €420 for the year which is and average of €35 per month.

I jumped ship today also after being with them over 15 years or more just the bills are way too much for what we are getting look up Digiweb all calls peak included and mobile and up to 100mb 44.95 they were super friendly and nice and said we look after the porting over we send you the modem plug it in and we take over simple as that. I'll have that next week so I'll be able to comment. But that's a massive saving from usually €78-83 a month.

Advertisement