Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Weather Pics

• 16-08-2003 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

A thread for posting interesting (or pretty) weather related pictures.

Anything you might have taken yourself would be cool or pictures you've found on the modern interweb that you liked.

Blurb to accompany it would be nice but optional.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Floods of 2002. Courtesy of Cigarette Smoking Man.

Some more good ones here: http://72ndstreet.com/floods/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I am looking to get a nice print for my new living room. I have found some nice ones on art.com but their postage rates are a rip off if you're outside of the US. Anyone know of any sites where you can get good pictures, specifically of lightening.

Thanks

Yeah I came across a few the other day.
    i'll have a look in my history.

One was a private site but with a commercial section and some excelent lightning photo's.
    Will p.m when I find it.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Thanks for that earlier link. Ordered one nice cheap one. If you find that other link, send it on.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Some class weather pics here..

Stormguy.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Deep breath this may take some time to load!

No%20135%20-%20Page%2031.jpg

11_jfp_galvin.jpg

No%20016%20-%20Page%203.jpg

psc_cb_schmitz.jpg

squall.jpg

1990122309.jpg

1990122310.jpg

1993012406.jpg

Some great pix there esp the lightning shots!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

:( the last three arent working.

Strange...I can see them.

Mike.

The cloud shots loaded fast as {pun...pun...} lightning thanks to i stream but I can't see the last three either :(

Is it possible mike, your browser is going direct to your pc for the last three??

pity me likes lightning as long as i'm not on the receiving end.
    Thankfully the tree that go hit last year beside the house here is taller than the aeial so we heard the massive explosion and of course the lights went out , but the house is still standing.
    Windows too quite a pounding tho :eek:

mm
    p.s
    Flew in a 747 out of Kuala Lumpor (sp) on the way to sydney in a massive Thunderstorm a few years ago.
    Lots of fantastic cloud to cloud lightning as the plane bounced around:ninja:

me repeats... must organise a boards event to tornado alley in the states :D

• Advertisement

Nope, geocities wont let you externally link to jpgs.

Try again squire!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If you copy the shortcuts and paste them into a browser window they should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by mike65
    squall.jpg

icon_eek.gif

that is a really cool picture. reminds me of Space Night on one of the German channels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Got these in an e-mail. They may take a while to load tho.

[edit] Be patient I'll get this[/edit]
    [edit] Whoo Hooo! I got it :)[/edit]

cloud.jpg

cyclonegraham02.jpg

This one is 271Kb.
    sunpic.jpg

This one is 108Kb.
    fire_starter.jpg

That lightning is great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I think this is a superb photo.
    brainstorm2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

"Oh the weather outside is frightening"...
    here in New York its currently 5 deg Farenheit!!!!!

Just a cool pic of the East River from my apartment (76th St.). Its so cold theres steam coming off the water. Never felt cold like it.

winter_04_newyork_eastriver.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Is there peope actually going for a swim outdoors in New York?

I think the East River is the most polluted River on the East Coast, so notwithstanding the artic weather, you'd be taking your life in your hands!!

Its a very busy waterway as well- I think people though do swim up near Randalls Island, where the GAA are going to build their new stadium.

Thats a great pic!

When the temps, go to -20 or below in celcius, the hairs on the inside of your nostrils actually freeze and go stiff.
    The coldest I've experienced is about -24 c in livigno the ski resort in italy in 1999.
    I remember we were drinking wine with our dinner at dusk in the beer garden and a film of ice appeared on top of the wine.

Anytime a door was opened too a gush of steam appeared out of nowhere.

With that kind of cold, the next big weather system that arrives is going to dump a lot of snow in new york, even if it is bringing milder air with it.

053102lightning.jpg

Mike.

• Advertisement

heavy%20rain_0023.jpg

Mike.

tornado_550x420.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

cork by night
    Cork(5).jpg

edit : how come that won't show ???
    http://www.stjosephchurchchoir.org/Cork(5).jpg

Just a quick Update, we now have ice on the East River. Its 8 deg Farenheit as I write :( Not much of a improvement and although the temps will go up this week theres snow predicted for Tuesday.

I laugh when I listen to the radio on the web and all the lightweights saying its cold in the motherland!! Well its Bone chilling here //me shudders//

David

winter_04_newyork_eastriver_ice_01.jpg

winter_04_newyork_eastriver_ice_02.jpg

Dublin mountains, from Killakee Road, last Friday am, with my new digital camera.

P2060021.JPG

Thats up near three rock mountain is it?

Used to go running up there. Its a great Lung Loosener!!

Tis, there is a car park behind me, also used for nocturnal activities of young people to test their shocks! :D:D Three Rock is to the right of the picture, but not in view.

You can get to here from Rathfarnham, on the way to the Sally Gap in the Wicklow Mountains. You pass Kippure transmitter too. Nice route.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭ando

going through my old digital pics and found this one, taught it was good enough to post. I took the pic cause I felt the dark cloud cover gave an atmosphere to the area

DSCF0016.jpg

at the back of the sugerloaf mountain looking close to the direction of 3rock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭skittishkitten

here some new ones for you ....nothing to awesome but ..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

here some new ones for you ....nothing to awesome but ..... :D

I see a head in the clouds in P3270318
    :-)

Advertisement