Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cold week ahead, change is on the way ............

Options
1113114115116117119»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Spring has arrived!! In my back yard anyway.
    The temperature is a sweltering 10.5c now which means this is the first time the temp has reached double digits since Feb 16th - an amazing 49 days!
    I don't think I can take much more of this heat! :eek:
    edit: 7c and cloudy at Dublin Airport , it certainly isn't cloudy where I am only a few miles away?
    down to 9.7c now which is just as well, I'm not great in excessive heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Spring has arrived!! In my back yard anyway.
    The temperature is a sweltering 10.5c now which means this is the first time the temp has reached double digits since Feb 16th - an amazing 49 days!
    I don't think I can take much more of this heat! :eek:
    edit: 7c and cloudy at Dublin Airport , it certainly isn't cloudy where I am only a few miles away?
    down to 9.7c now which is just as well, I'm not great in excessive heat.
    I agree Elmer not a cloud all day & i think im even closer to the airport than you, in fact it was a lovely (chilly in the shade) sunny day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Well I got sunburnt today, properly burnt !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

After a low last night of -6c temps rose today to 12c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Was in Inchydoney today, beautiful sun but it was bloody cold, nice to get a bit of vitamin d.

• Advertisement

At the moment it looks like a spell of persistent rain or sleet will move up from the South on Thursday accompanied by strong winds.
    ME outlook, the "change" to milder weather just isn't happening.
    At least snow cover on the mountains should be topped up :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Took a spin up the mountains today and Sally Gap still impassable with snow! 99% of cars had to do u-turn and come back. A few 'select' cars (i.e. mainly 4x4s) made it through and other cars were stuck!

Max of 9.2c here today. March 8th was the last +10c temp here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Left Swords this morning at 3c and spent 2 hours mountain biking in 13c in Galway.

I'm ever so slightly burnt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

ME outlook, the "change" to milder weather just isn't happening.

Alot of snow for the Wicklows on Tuesday/Wednesay if the 12z GFS verifies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

I hope you realise if this continues then food production will stop in this country and you guys in the cities will either have to pay exorbitant prices for imports or else starve to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Keith96

I hope you realise if this continues then food production will stop in this country and you guys in the cities will either have to pay exorbitant prices for imports or else starve to death.
    What a silly comment you have just made,anyways cant belive this blocking will continue,if only it was during January

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Need Rain here now, lawns and greens are going yellow in spots now, clay is gone very dusty too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

i'm loving the sunshine, but where's the warmer temps? i'm still wearing a scarf and a woolly hat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

True, but all the commenting in here is not going to change the weather. It will do whatever Mother Nature wants it to do. Our comments do not make it colder/warmer, wetter/drier.

One thing that does worry me though... Mother Nature usually balances out the books some way... tomorrow morning marks a second official drought here (15 days of less than 0.2mm/day) for 2013. Summers recently have balanced out dry winter/springs.

the lowest April temperatures on record were made at both Casement (-5.9c) and Dublin Airport (-5.6c) yesterday.
    The previous record at both stations was on April 10th 1998.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

pad199207 wrote: »
    Need Rain here now, lawns and greens are going yellow in spots now, clay is gone very dusty too

all the slime that had accumulated on our patio slabs out the back garden has now turned to a gravel like substance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

all the slime that had accumulated on our patio slabs out the back garden has now turned to a gravel like substance

get it swept up before the rain comes and ruins them on ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

This has been a great thread but I believe we need to open a new one as heavy rainfall with rather strong winds now appears to be the major weather story (Wed-Thurs).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

This has been a great thread but I believe we need to open a new one as heavy rainfall with rather strong winds now appears to be the major weather story (Wed-Thurs).

BBC countryfile weather for week only had rain in southern half no rain for northwest at all, grass in Sligo leitrim and Donegal very yellow now

About 2.5 weeks of little or no rain in Sligo with 2 weeks in February too

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement