Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yule cards

• 04-12-2002 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

Been trying for a while to get my paws on Yule cards.
    Oxfam used to to them but alas no longer.
    And all the neutral Seasons creating ones are booring.
    I like to send a certain type of card to people not just a lucky dip out of the box.

So if anyone sees or has seen them Please let me know
    as they will have to be posted soon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yes, and most of those that are "yule" are just a really stupid rhyming of "cool" with "yule".

We're getting card and glitter-pens and letting Sadhbh make the cards. I reckon we'll have an attrition rate of about 60% being stuck together or cut up (Sadhbh likes her scissors), so we're getting about 3 times as much card as we'll need to be safe.

House of Astrology on Parliament St. had some Solstice cards a couple of years ago. The motto was Buddhist, but pretty ecumenical, so you might give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

arrrgghh I spent quite a bit of time today trying to track down cards the best i got was 1 . flaming 1 ylue card in a pck of 12.

I think you may well have a good idea Talliesin and i may end up pringing cards up.

I know there are a lot of generic season greeting cards out there but imho there not good enough.

I was in the card chain store birthdays asking for Oxfams yule cards having been told by a friend only to be told that the chain decided not to buy any for the whole country as they did not think they would sell but they had Honinka ( sp sorry jewish festival of light cards) cards.

Most shops just said " huh yule whats that ? "

they had Honinka ( sp sorry jewish festival of light cards) cards.
    Typical! When I was looking for a Chanukah card to send to a Jewish friend once I couldn't find them anywhere, even in shops a few feet from a Synagogue :mad:

Well we had good fun making cards with Sadhbh over the weekend. Someone put junkmail through the door with printed on green paper, which was useful. Lots of trees and holly (and for reasons best understood by a three year old an octopus).

I did find a few "Seasons Greetings" cards that didn't suck as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement