Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some videos I took recently...

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Well, well, well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

Oh, Nice one Gzoladz. Cracking catch on your camera. I have a pair courting in the trees in my garden. The male bringing her food, he uses my garden as a McDonalds, and her making a chirruping noise to bring him in. They will be nesting in the forestry about 1km away.

I have been searching for their plucking post for a couple of years now so I can camera trap it but no luck so far.

TT

Thanks TT, I was lucky enough to get amazing views...I only saw the female today in the morning, very busy nest building. No sign of any of them in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Saw this yesterday thought it was funny. They were back today.

It seems to be a mammy blackbird feeding a baby blackbird in my garden. The baby is just as big :D

At one point the baby kept dropping a bit and the Mother kept putting it back in it's mouth. I haven't seen this before and thought once they were fledged, they look after themselves?

Unless I'm wrong and it's a henpecked husband, but the feeder was brown and the feedee was a lighter speckled brown.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Teenage Bird: "Maaaaaam!!! Make me a sammich!"
    Mammy Bird: "Make it yourself, you're old enough!"
    Teenage Bird: "But MAAAAAAAAAM!!!"
    Mammy Bird: "I said no. I made you a perfectly good pair of hands, use them!"
    Teenage Bird: "But MAAAAAAAAAM!!! I can't make them as good as yours... Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!!"
    Teenage Bird: "Ah, here! Give me strength!! But this is the very last time, do you hear me?"

• Advertisement

Mummy sparrowhawk having a bath

Dublin Pine Marten

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

I can never figure out how to post videos! What am I doing wrong I wonder? My link is https://youtu.be/JnLhevOrb7E which I put between the YouTube brackets?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Tiercel Dave

There's a link for Youtubes, you just wrap it 'round your video.....

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭SnowyMuckish

Thanks tiercel Dave I tried to post between ? Maybe it’s my YouTube channel settings, I have it as unlisted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

You only need to put the bit after the last slash between the [ YOUTUBE ][/ YOUTUBE ] tags. So in your case, JnLhevOrb7E

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Can someone tell what bird this is please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

iamtony wrote: »

Can someone tell what bird this is please?

Looks like a Grey Wagtail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

SlowBlowin wrote: »
    Looks like a Grey Wagtail.
    yep that's it thanks.

Pleased to have found and urban badger sett within my 5km bubble ����✌️✌️

From my weekly Badger Watching session

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭raveni

Hey guys, wondering if ye think this is a rabbit or a hare? (not great quality)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i'd say hare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Yes, hare for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Gzoladz, thanks for badger set clips, was there any little badgers born in 2021??

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

Sailing in Kinsale last week and good few dolphins around one of the mornings on our way out.

pottokblue wrote: »
    Gzoladz, thanks for badger set clips, was there any little badgers born in 2021??

I am not sure, 2 smaller animals in that sett but they are probably females

Badger: father and cub

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Very happy to see two foxes on the first night after installing a trail cam here in Kerry. Had seen fox scat and think we have had badger come through also . Have only ever seen a fox a couple of times in daylight in the garden down through the years and once in the next field but suspected they were regular visitors to the ponds.

Happy camper!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

my shed buddy would usually dart away if i lifted out a plane or put it back. not tonight, she was concentrating.

Advertisement