Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MLB TV

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    No offers received yet this year, anyone else get the 50% off deal?
    I'm tempted to just go ahead and purchase now even though it looks like being a horrible year for the dodgers.

wait until fathers day they usually do a promo around then, I remember getting something like 50 to 60% off as it was a special for fathers weekend

Heads up everyone, just got an email saying that for "Fathers Week" MLB package is only $49.99 from now until 17th June 11:59 PM ET, thats 50% off original price. Roughly about €42 :D

update, i just renewwed mine and inc tax it was 61.49 USD which when paid through paypal cost 53.98 Euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

update, i just renewwed mine and inc tax it was 61.49 USD which when paid through paypal cost 53.98 Euro

Yeah, 23% tax is added on to the display price.

Yeah, 23% tax is added on to the display price.

Still a good deal :D

I hate the way they do that in the States, advertise a price and when you go to pay its more as they then add the tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭boccy23

Just be careful with the Auto Renew lads.

Once you sign up, this is set to "auto-renew" as standard. This will be renewed at the full price.

boccy23 wrote: »
    Just be careful with the Auto Renew lads.

Once you sign up, this is set to "auto-renew" as standard. This will be renewed at the full price.

Good point

You can cancel the auto renewal on 28th Feb next year, there is a note about the auto renewal before your purchase. In recent years there was not an option to cancel auto renewal.

Not sure if they can debit your Paypal account, and the payment details on my MLB account are years old so they wont be able to charge me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

For those on fence it might be worth waiting. Last year for 4 July, the price dropped to $20.17. Good chance this will happen again as the sales for this service seem quite consistent.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    For those on fence it might be worth waiting. Last year for 4 July, the price dropped to $20.17. Good chance this will happen again as the sales for this service seem quite consistent.

Now that's a bargain!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Looks like mlb.tv has brought split screen options back. There are options to view up to 4 games at the same time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Doodah7 wrote: »

Don't believe there was any 4th July sale this year.

Down to $39.99 for the rest of the season though, just about tempting enough to bite the bullet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

8-10 wrote: »
    Don't believe there was any 4th July sale this year.

Down to $39.99 for the rest of the season though, just about tempting enough to bite the bullet.

Yes they didn’t do a 4 July sale but bit the bullet today. Works out at $49.17 including tax.

All games free today it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

All games free today it seems.

It's free all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

You dont need to subscribe to MLBTV. You can stream any game you want on reddit for free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

MLB.TV is $29.99 today for the rest of the year.

All games seem to be free today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Deadmou5e

What’s the best way to go about this folks? Source out a promo code, wait for reduction or just go ahead and do it?

I will be getting it at some stage anyways

Deadmou5e wrote: »
    What’s the best way to go about this folks? Source out a promo code, wait for reduction or just go ahead and do it?

I will be getting it at some stage anyways

I'm sure there are some codes out there but I've always just pay straight up. I think it's well worth the full price even though MLB Network isn't included over here like NFL Network is included with GamePass.

The first couple of weeks have been great with silence during the inning breaks but today (well today's the first time I've noticed it), they've brought back those annoying 'MLB Flashbacks' with the same few clips being shown at every break. I'm a Mets fan but even I'm pissed off with seeing a Robinson Cano homer from opening day at every inning break in the Dodgers/Cards game today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

For those who don't already have it, MLB TV can be had for half price...
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-tv-on-sale-for-59-99-for-limited-time

Coeus wrote: »
    For those who don't already have it, MLB TV can be had for half price...
    https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-tv-on-sale-for-59-99-for-limited-time

With MLB Flashbacks that will drive you insane included for free

With MLB Flashbacks that will drive you insane included for free

Seriously though, does anyone else get annoyed watching the same few clips repeated over and over again in between innings and at pitcher changes?

I must have seem 50 Cent's first pitch a thousand times already this season. Bryce Harper's first HR as a Phillie and Cespedes' throw to home when he was with Oakland feature quite a lot too. There must only be about 30 videos in the rotation that go round and round. I have to dive for the remote to mute the TV at the start fo every break.

Advertisement