Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pre-planning site location map

Options
  • 22-01-2019 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I've arranged a pre-planning consultation with a local planner to review the site we are looking to build on.

As part of this I need to bring a site location map, should this be a detailed OSI map, or would Google Maps or something similar be OK?

I thought it would need to be an OSI map, but when I made the appointment the woman said that these meetings are very informal and that some people would have just brought Google Map printout before.

Just looking for some guidance from people who've been through this recently. Starting this process seems quite daunting, though exciting too!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,047 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can only speak from my own experience, but any map that shows where the site is - Google maps, screenshot from OS or Land Direct depending on whether there is any particular point you wish to make - will be ok.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Proper OSi map.
    It’s only €50 online for the single map and sure you’ll need it going forward for land splitting, planning, utility connections.

It’s proper scaled and outlines nearby features. No harm having the aerial image from google also but my opinion is that the planner will expect the OSi map.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭MooShop

kceire wrote: »
    Proper OSi map.
    It’s only €50 online for the single map and sure you’ll need it going forward for land splitting, planning, utility connections.

It’s proper scaled and outlines nearby features. No harm having the aerial image from google also but my opinion is that the planner will expect the OSi map.

Yeah, I was looking at that, the single map is the Land Registry version. But there's a planning pack that you'd need to use for the planning phase, so I guess I was wondering was there merit in paying €50 for pretty much a one time use?

• Subscribers Posts: 40,987 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

MooShop wrote: »
    Yeah, I was looking at that, the single map is the Land Registry version. But there's a planning pack that you'd need to use for the planning phase, so I guess I was wondering was there merit in paying €50 for pretty much a one time use?

They are all "one time use" only

sydthebeat wrote: »
    They are all "one time use" only

Yeah but I meant with the planning pack you get 6 copies and another historical copy for various phases of the planning application as far as I'm aware.

So, do I pay for the Land Registry version and then I'll need the planning pack anyway when applying.

Do they need to be printed out within a certain time frame, so if I print the planning pack, do I need to use them in a planning application within a certain time frame?

Sorry if these are basic questions or if I'm making too much of it, just want to be sure I'm doing the right thing!! Long road ahead!

• Advertisement

There’s a single map that is not land registry also.
    It’s €49.20

https://store.osi.ie/index.php/osi-place-map.html?

It’s €49.

Oh, I didn't realise that, thanks very much!

It’s €49.20

https://store.osi.ie/index.php/osi-place-map.html?

That doesn't include tax of €40, and the scale would need to be 1:2500,so overall would cost €100 -> €55.35 + €45 tax

That doesn't include tax of €40, and the scale would need to be 1:2500,so overall would cost €100 -> €55.35 + €45 tax

That’s strange.....I think your reading the page wrong, the excluding price of 40 is the pre vat price. The 40 is not added onto the purchase price, so I advise you to check again.

I buy them weekly for 49.20. Mostly urban settings at 1:1000 but I did have to get one for Donabate last month and that one was 1:2500, but it was still only 49.20.

You buy an os map at the lowest scale possible for your area, urban that’s 1:1000 and rural is normally 1:2500.

That’s strange.....I think your reading the page wrong, the excluding price of 40 is the pre vat price. The 40 is not added onto the purchase price, so I advise you to check again.

I buy them weekly for 49.20. Mostly urban settings at 1:1000 but I did have to get one for Donabate last month and that one was 1:2500, but it was still only 49.20.

You buy an os map at the lowest scale possible for your area, urban that’s 1:1000 and rural is normally 1:2500.

I've gone through to the checkout phase and I was reading it wrong, it's €45 excluding tax, so €55.35 altogether. I'm looking at a rural site so that's 1:2500 scale. Are they available to print straight away after purchase or is there a lead time?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,987 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I've gone through to the checkout phase and I was reading it wrong, it's €45 excluding tax, so €55.35 altogether. I'm looking at a rural site so that's 1:2500 scale. Are they available to print straight away after purchase or is there a lead time?

It takes a couple of minutes to process the order, generally no more than 2 or 3

Save it as a pdf to you pc in case you need it again

sydthebeat wrote: »
    It takes a couple of minutes to process the order, generally no more than 2 or 3

Save it as a pdf to you pc in case you need it again

Great, thanks a million for all your help! Think I'll go with that one.

Advertisement