Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Azealia Banks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

hope she enjoys Ryanair...

According to the Irish Daily Mirror she had to get the boat over... haha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Have to say I'm surprised at this news. She's usually so nice.

390-banks-0405%2B%25281%2529.jpg

In other news, the woman is actually a witch.

/AngryMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Wibbs wrote: »
    It sells? The whole "teenage angst and anger" always has and its made for some great music.
    razorblunt wrote: »
    It's art dahling.
    I know but there's teenage angst and then there's seething unhinged venom. She just seems like a total scumbag.

She was like 21 for that song - I'd say she doesn't even understand half of what she's on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

In December 2014 she called for over $100 trillion to be paid to African Americans as financial reparations for the enslavement of their ancestors.

Why is it when Azelia and Sinéad O'Connor make crazy statements it makes the headline news? Attention-seeking is all they're at.

Marketing ! Azelia ok but she has never become a priest/nun/Muslim she needs to up here game

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 195 ✭✭GAA Beo

I think what is really alarming is that in a country with such a proud musical tradition, that someone like this can actually sell out gigs. Musical tastes have really gone down the pan in this once great nation. That a vulgar American female "rapper" can call Irish women ugly and mock the famine, and young Irish wans will still go see her, says it all about our moral decline. If I had a daughter that liked this sort of stuff I'd know that I failed as a parent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

ugly inside and out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

GAA Beo wrote: »
    I think what is really alarming is that in a country with such a proud musical tradition, that someone like this can actually sell out gigs. Musical tastes have really gone down the pan in this once great nation. That a vulgar American female "rapper" can call Irish women ugly and mock the famine, and young Irish wans will still go see her, says it all about our moral decline. If I had a daughter that liked this sort of stuff I'd know that I failed as a parent.
    Ah you wouldn't have failed as a parent. Can't stop kids from being into what the crowd are into, but I agree otherwise.

The mixed messages are what get me - "don't allow yourself to be objectified" yet "be as overtly sexual as possible".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I present to you, The Malignant Narcissist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

GAA Beo wrote: »

she had a big hit 5 years ago and can barely sell out one of our smallest venues, I think we're doing ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I have no idea who she is.

I have no desire to find out who she is.

I love Irish women.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

She's a mad woman for taking on Irish women.

My wife would go through her for a shortcut "the fcking state of her" was one of the nicer things she said about her when she read the story yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

razorblunt wrote: »
    She's a mad woman for taking on Irish women.

My wife would go through her for a shortcut "the fcking state of her" was one of the nicer things she said about her when she read the story yesterday.

I'd love to see a standoff between Azealia and a howiya. The howiya would win hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Had to laugh at her insta stories where she’s reposting messages from “Mary Mc Carthy” etc threatening to throw spuds at her tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Cartroubles

She has branded Irish people "potato pickers" and "UK peasants" now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

"And your ugly pasty dry white lady winter skin face is the ugliest face I’ve ever seen that must be why you hide it all the time. HAVE SOME F*CKING RESPECT FOR MY F*CKING TRADITIONAL AFRICAN RELIGION YOU POMPOUS WHITE BITCH"

- She once tweeted that to the singer Sia.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'd love to see a standoff between Azealia and a howiya. The howiya would win hands down.

There's a lot of vidyas online of them black american chung wans getting into digging matches, most of em seem to have glass chinss. An AJH would make mincemeat of her I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

She's what they call "ratchet".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

When's this gig then? I'd love to see the audience tell her to **** off.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

circadian wrote: »
    When's this gig then? I'd love to see the audience tell her to **** off.
    Tonight! I'd love if nobody showed up, would be hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Tonight! I'd love if nobody showed up, would be hilarious.

Either not showing up or showing up and shouting her down since the tickets have been paid for, may as well get something out of it.

I wouldn't say she's a racist per se, she's just a colossal dickhead that craves attention in any form.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Never heard of this twat till yesterday but.... Damn, that song 212 is good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Racist black woman meets typical Irish battleaxe.

Storm and tea cup comes to mind here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I strongly suspect a guerilla PR campaign to get publicity and she's got tons of it.

With the bad girl image, all publicity is good publicity even if it's negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

"And your ugly pasty dry white lady winter skin face is the ugliest face I’ve ever seen that must be why you hide it all the time. HAVE SOME F*CKING RESPECT FOR MY F*CKING TRADITIONAL AFRICAN RELIGION YOU POMPOUS WHITE BITCH"

- She once tweeted that to the singer Sia.

Imagine any white singer/artist sending a tweet like that addressing Banks as a 'POMPOUS BLACK BITCH'. Their career would be over in a nanosecond.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

EdgeCase wrote: »
    I strongly suspect a guerilla PR campaign to get publicity and she's got tons of it.

With the bad girl image, all publicity is good publicity even if it's negative.

She has form for this type of thing:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/davidmack/azealia-banks-clashes-with-flight-attendant

She's also gone on radio to make up stories, attack others, then break down saying that she is being racially abused and it's not her fault.
    She's done the same on all social media platforms. Been released from record labels, quit the music industry a few times...it's an ongoing drama with her.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Can I just reassure Irish women that they are not by and large ugly.

That should buy me some brownie points around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

sweetie wrote: »
    she had a big hit 5 years ago and can barely sell out one of our smallest venues, I think we're doing ok!

Yet she's headline news. I'd say she's happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

its one good tune tho'

[explicit lyrics NSFW]

The tune isn't even hers, just the lyrics. Entire backing track is from Lazy Jay - Float My Boat from 2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    She's also gone on radio to make up stories, attack others, then break down saying that she is being racially abused and it's not her fault.
    She's done the same on all social media platforms. Been released from record labels, quit the music industry a few times...it's an ongoing drama with her.

God she seriously sounds like someone I know and I can't f*cking stand the person I know.

Advertisement