Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The most racist thing you’ve done,

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,207 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I always bet on Red

Communist.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,076 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Dah comrade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Voted for Peter Casey ;)

Jumps through window.

With a box of milk tray? Otherwise your looking at aggravated burglary pal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

With a box of milk tray? Otherwise your looking at aggravated burglary pal.

Even at that you have to check if you have consent to bring chocolates into her room

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I was out boozing with some mates in the late 90s
    We were sitting at a long table in a beer garden and I went to hit the smokes machine to grab a pack before heading on to a club .

I came back to the table and said
    Aight my niggas and my niggarettes
    Let's do it like this
    I'm a rub your ass in the moonshine
    Let's take it back to seventy-nine

Meaning lets get going

I didn't realize that a Black lad and his Black girlfriend saw the lads getting ready to leave and had sat down to take the table after us .

They looked so shocked , I just mumbled sorry and got the flock out of there .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I typed "HP lovecraft cat name" into Google

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

I typed "HP lovecraft cat name" into Google

Yo what's popping my "HP lovecraft cat name"?

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

I offered a previous workmate some bourbon buiscuits at a break time while I ate the rest of the custard creams.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Apparantly when I was about 3 years old I was walking with my mother when a black guy came towards us. I pointed at him and asked good ol' mummy "what's that?"

Similar thing and age.

I was on a beach (Ironically) BlackRock.

The only time I had ever seen a Black person was in those "Johnny Weissmuller" Tarzan movies on TV.

Anyway I was walking along the waters edge, when I spotted a Black kid,about my age.

He had a stick in his hand and sticking it in and out of the water.

I quickly ran back to my parents and yelled at the top of my voice,

" Mam, Dad........there's a Sabage in the water and he has a spear"
    ( I couldn't pronounce savage for some reason)

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I dressed up as Oprah Winfrey for a fancy dress party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭fyfe79

An old boss of mine used the phrase 'n*gger in the woodpile' quite often in front of everyone.

Apparently it's an old quote which a lot of people used back in the day.

Still doesn't explain Geoff Hurst delivering it as recently as 1990!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMBDL2qjQ1Y

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Not me but my little cousin about twenty years ago. We were leaving my aunt's house and he would have been about five when a mixed race couple came walking up the road, my cousin immediately gets excited:

"Look Mummy, look, a black man!"

"Mummy, Mummy, he has a black face!"

"Hello black man" - starts waving to him

I was teenager at the time and I was in stitches. My poor Aunt was mortified, began apologising and asked my cousin to say hello to the white lady as well but he had no interest

To be fair both them were laughing at the whole thing so no harm done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭turdball

Back about 12 years ago I was walking through a 24 hours Dunnes Stores looking for a sandwich at 5 in the morning. I was fairly merry but no where near drunk. Now I'm 5,7 and didn't even weigh 10 Stone at the time.

A security guy I'm pretty sure was from Poland just came up to me and put my arm behind my back and pushed up. Never forget the pain of it. Arm was nearly broke. He told me I was too drunk to be in the store. Didn't give me a chance to leave and pushing up on my arm walking me out of the store.

Of course then I snapped and told him to "F back to your own country you c***, you shouldn't even be working in Ireland, Let go of my f***in arm". He sat me down on a chair and called the Guards. Guards came anyway and asked your man what happened. He said I told him to **** back to his own Country and shouldn't even be here and he was too drunk to be in the store.

I said I think I need to go Hospital as my Arm is actually in bits and is it possible to review the CCTV footage or how do I request in getting it as I've been assaulted. I want to make a formal complaint and only abused him as he nearly broke my arm and the CCTV will confirm this. He never gave me a chance to leave, just grabbed my arm behind my back and pushed up. I never forget the Security Guards face just dropping.

The Gaurds then asked the security Guard do you want to make a complaint and He said No and I left with the Guards. The Guards could see I was no way a hazard and brought me outside and said to me your probably better off just leaving it, Is your arm allright etc.
    They then gave me a lift 12KM to my home place. Was nice to get a lift home at the end of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

Apparantly when I was about 3 years old I was walking with my mother when a black guy came towards us. I pointed at him and asked good ol' mummy "what's that?"

Well, that's my one way ticket to hell booked for laughing at that.

Also one other one is when I was in college there was two black people at the door where I was smoking. One of them said to the other one "I would love some KFC right now". I acutally burst out laughing. They noticed this and I just left.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

turdball wrote: »
    Back about 12 years ago I was walking through a 24 hours Dunnes Stores looking for a sandwich at 5 in the morning. I was fairly merry but no where near drunk. Now I'm 5,7 and didn't even weigh 10 Stone at the time.

A security guy I'm pretty sure was from Poland just came up to me and put my arm behind my back and pushed up. Never forget the pain of it. Arm was nearly broke. He told me I was too drunk to be in the store. Didn't give me a chance to leave and pushing up on my arm walking me out of the store.

Of course then I snapped and told him to "F back to your own country you c***, you shouldn't even be working in Ireland, Let go of my f***in arm". He sat me down on a chair and called the Guards. Guards came anyway and asked your man what happened. He said I told him to **** back to his own Country and shouldn't even be here and he was too drunk to be in the store.

I said I think I need to go Hospital as my Arm is actually in bits and is it possible to review the CCTV footage or how do I request in getting it as I've been assaulted. I want to make a formal complaint and only abused him as he nearly broke my arm and the CCTV will confirm this. He never gave me a chance to leave, just grabbed my arm behind my back and pushed up. I never forget the Security Guards face just dropping.

The Gaurds then asked the security Guard do you want to make a complaint and He said No and I left with the Guards. The Guards could see I was no way a hazard and brought me outside and said to me your probably better off just leaving it, Is your arm allright etc.
    They then gave me a lift 12KM to my home place. Was nice to get a lift home at the end of it.
    Wow what a prick, why didnt you make a complaint? he cant go around assaulting people under the guise of a security job

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

jaxxx wrote: »
    Well, that's my one way ticket to hell booked for laughing at that.

When my little guy started play school he was trying to explain to me who was in the class.
    He could not remember one boy's name but by his description that he was the boy with the 'dirty face', I knew it was the only mixed race child in the class!

To thine own self be true

wakka12 wrote: »
    Wow what a prick, why didnt you make a complaint? he cant go around assaulting people under the guise of a security job

Looking back at it now yea I should have going straight to a Solicitor/Gaurds the following day and getting the CCTV footage and bringing him to court. Only reason I didn't is because of what I said to him which I regretted immediately afterwards and that it could backfire on me and the hassle of the whole thing. My arm was in bits for three weeks or more after it.

If this happened to me now I would 100% do him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I once threw some curry chips in the air and it landed on a black man.

And you?

Some of the chips land on the black man’s shoulder??

The most racist thing you’ve done

Laughed at this:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 746 ✭✭✭GinAndBitter

Watched this video and got a little emotional

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

God a good laugh out of him stroking the Ford at 0:24, alright.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Maybe not racist but I was once wheeled into a convent as a baby back in the day. Every time one of the black-clad nuns with large white wimples came near me - I started screaming blue murder. I got in such a state at the sight of these scary apparitions- they had to take me straight home. :pac:

What's the story behind this. Is it from a film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Questioning your taxi fare will almost certainly lead to accusations of racism.

gozunda wrote: »
    What's the story behind this. Is it from a film?

Yeah I think so, it must be. I can't imagine a fella dressed up as Hitler getting such a positive reaction in real life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

Questioning your taxi fare will almost certainly lead to accusations of racism.

I know several people who won't get into taxis with black or asian drivers.

Yeah I think so, it must be. I can't imagine a fella dressed up as Hitler getting such a positive reaction in real life.

OK found this. Sounds interesting.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2015/oct/06/he-is-back-trailer-films-asks-what-happens-if-hitler-appears-in-2015-video

gozunda wrote: »

Nice to see people can still have a laugh about it, I thought things like that would be off limits in Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

I once threw some curry chips in the air and it landed on a black man.

And you?

How is that racist?

Even if you threw it in his face it still isn't racist on its own.

Provocative maybe, but not racist on its own. If you had dropped some "language" or it had motivated by an express dislike of non nationals, then it could be described as racist.

If these chips had landed on somebody of the same race it wouldnt have been construed as racist. Same act. Same outcome.

Advertisement