Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Ireland committing genocide?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Genocide, you say? :confused::confused:
    Indeed. Of course unlike your stats, this thread referenced rural counties as opposed to the whole country. Population distribution is pertinent here.

Once upon a time, Ireland was densely populated.

Make up your mind now.

Are you telling a fairytale or a joke?

You might want to try reading something intended for adults instead of for 4 year olds.

As for densely populated? Good f***ing grief.

A troll with staying power. An oxymoron, if you will.

Well, you’re half right anyway.

What would companies want to go to the north west for? There's nothing there for them.

Precisely. This point was expounded upon at the beginning of the thread.

bubblypop wrote: »
    As someone just home from 18 months investigating war crimes in a country that was victim to another countrys attempted genocide, I find this thread disgusting.

And I find your comment disgusting. I have spent time in other countries where genocide was also committed and I say shame on you.

• Advertisement

And I find your comment disgusting. I have spent time in other countries where genocide was also committed and I say shame on you.

Laying blocks or packing meat in the 80’s in Germany or a drunken weekend in Warsaw on a stag is not the same thing.

I find your comment ridiculous. Nothing new there.

Not sure what point you are making or it`s relevance.

hi Reality Keeper, my point is that it seems absurd to me that many young people are emigrating from the NW region because they have no opportunities, meanwhile thousands of (and I hate the expression) 'economic migrants' are replacing them only to find that things in the NW are very quiet, and many of them find themselves going from day to day with little or nothing to do.

*you did mention migrants in your OP
    This is genocide and replacing Donegal and Roscommon people with economic migrants from places other than Donegal and Roscommon in former hotels does not alter this fact.

D. Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group - abortion was fully endorsed by mainstream media in European countries and USA, the countries where white ppl live.
    C. Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about it's destruction in whole OR IN PART - by higher birth rates of other races (Muslims obviously) and lack of abortions and constant immigration, whites must become a minority group and they do not even live in majority Muslim areas.Whites even move out from black areas in USA. See "white flight", do you not believe this happened?! Look into it. There will be large areas where white people will move out from and already have in USA, Britian and Germany, for example. There is also the fact that interracial couples cannot have children who are whites and a percentage of the population will cross racial boundaries, who are mixed and may be some shade of brown or look asian etc. It eventually DESTROYS all the races after many generations. Humanity becomes a mixed brown colour. That is not fiction and that is also a crime. Every race is important

Well said sir!

Another point. Genocide (according to British methodology) includes children who were never born because they were never conceived because their parents were killed in the genocide. This is how they came up with the ten million figure for the Belgian genocide in the Congo in the late 19th century. Not sure if the Brits would tabulate their own attrocities using the same methods.

Look at the crowd in Croke Park whenever Donegal or Roscommon are playing. You won't find much evidence for any of that.

Donegal born fans (and their children) live in lots of places and not just in Donegal because the investment was not made to create the infrastructure needed to support more industry/jobs in Donegal.

Collie D wrote: »
    There should be some kind of award for posting the most incredibly insane post in After Hours ....

... and for this, the award is yours:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Well said sir!

Not sure you're doing yourself any favours aligning yourself with that poster. Their views on the holocaust, the Nazis and race in general are very questionable.

Zaph wrote: »
    What has the OP got against Sligo and Leitrim? Have they already been fully genocided and there's no hope for them any more or something? Seems odd to mention Roscommon and Donegal and ignore the two counties in between. Or one if you accept that Leitrim isn't a real place.

I mentioned Roscommon and Donegal because they have been in the news recently. Other counties such as those you mention are of course also impacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Whenever I travel to these “forgotten” west of Ireland places I’m struck by how much business and activity is going on.
    The likes of Carrick on Shannon or Boyle are pretty far from dead in my experience, they’re thriving.

JayZeus wrote: »
    You might want to try reading something intended for adults instead of for 4 year olds.

As for densely populated? Good f***ing grief.

Two points here:
    1) Mind your language!
    2) If what I write seems overly simplistic it is only out of considderation for you.

Laying blocks or packing meat in the 80’s in Germany or a drunken weekend in Warsaw on a stag is not the same thing.

I find your comment ridiculous. Nothing new there.

Not just Germany and Poland. I have friends who are genocide survivors.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Have you shown them this thread or shared these thoughts with them?

Have you shown them this thread or shared these thoughts with them?

They share my views. Have you stopped to think you could be wrong? You should.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Oh, I’m not arrogant enough to believe I’m always right. I just don’t believe you.

I doubt it. If you did, you wouldn’t be stupid enough to refer to a perceived decline of population and industry in the northwest of Ireland as anything to equate in any way with genocide.

You really are a muppet.

They don’t share your views. They don’t exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

I think we can answer the OP's question quite simply:

No!
    No it most definitely is not.
    If there's one thing Ireland's absolutely and most definitely not doing that's it.

You're also confusing urbanisation - populations tending to move to towns and cities (usually seen as a positive thing in terms of socio-economic progress) with genocide (mass murder).
    The two concepts couldn't be more different.

Never mind them all, op. You're doing great there - it's a rare thread where everybody rails at the op. A sure sign you're doing something right, as Conor Cruise might have said to Eoghan Harris.

Oh, and never mind all this nonsense about the meaning of words being important. A word's a word. Genocide. Rural decline. Fúck all difference really as we're all dead at the end of the day anyway. Lean ar aghaidh!

Ah, Fuaranachogoglich, there y’are! There was mention of ‘the Brits’ somewhere in the thread I suppose, was there? ;)

You two are taking this internet stuff far, far too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,740 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

I think there is a degree of dishonesty with the people west of the Shannon.

They had a Taoiseach from there (Mayo) for the best part of what, 10 years.

They go on about nothing out there - but the more you learn about Ireland , the more you realize every tax break you can dream of and grant is out there.

You could have the west of Ireland the best rural part of the world to do business in - but the young people would still got to Dublin for a few years to ride and drink.

,When they are tired of that they go back west , with their education and skills .

As Ireland progresses the west is progressing. They just have to accept this filtering out is going to take time and generational progression.

The major problem I have with people in the west - is how much Dublin loves the West - but they hate Dublin.

Without decent cities in Ireland - where the hell would we be.

All feeling sorry for ourselves for another 800 years.

They need to cop on - and just do it, go to towns out west and you see clever people building it and they come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Jesus OP, your threads are always good for a "what in the name of God is he on about now" thought, but this one is just nuts.

While you are about there OP, could you layout your ideal social, economic & political ideals so we can get exactly where you are coming from for this and the future threads.

You two are taking this internet stuff far, far too seriously.

The irony isn't lost on me. Unhinged spoofers pollute this forum, and the OP has cast many a manure pile in his wake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭VeryTerry

My family are from the north west. I was born and raised in Dublin. Praise Jayo! All off my cousins that were born up there now live in England and Australia. Nobody wants to stay there. Why the **** would they?

Oh, I’m not arrogant enough to believe I’m always right. I just don’t believe you.

You don`t believe me because your brain is in the wrong place and your views are obviously entrenched.

• Advertisement

They don’t share your views. They don’t exist.

You obviously cannot envisage a genocide survivor who is loyal, Christian, humble, conservative and not given to all this liberal nonsense. They are not Jews but they share an affinity with the Israelis that is something the Ireland Palastine solidarity brigade are obviously incapable of understanding.

Advertisement