Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LPT Issue

Options
  • 17-01-2019 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi,

I seem to be stuck in the middle of a wrangle between to solicitors and revenue thrown in the mix.

We bought a house in Dec 2016. The previous owner was in a nursing home prior to this and we believe passed in 2015.

We conveyancing was done, our solicitor received documentation (a print out from the LPT site) to show that the property was exempt from LPT for years 2014, 2015, 2016. And because we bought in Dec 2017 were were not liable for 2017.

Now revenue maintain that there are outstanding charges to be paid on the property for years 2016 and 2017. They are not saying that we are liable but that they charges are outstanding and that if we ever want to see we will be liable.

I would be happy to just let the liabilities just sit there and let inflation do its thing (as we don't intend to sell).

However, we are about to claim for HRI and you cannot claim when there are outstanding liabilities on a property.

Revenue will not chase the previous owners. Our solicitor says she got evidence which we have presented to revenue.

Any ideas where we turn to next?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

ask to see what evidence your solicitor has got and resubmit to revenue.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭comanche_cor

Thanks - she has a print out from the LPT website. Is this standard proof that solicitors use?

Advertisement