Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laser Cutter for Acyrlic??

• 10-01-2019 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Any advice happily taken on this subject!! Looking to purchase a laser cutter for acrylic decorations . Would be using 3-4 mm pieces of acrylic and approx 8" in size. Only seem to be headed towards chinese websites..can anyone recommend a machine or a company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pippa800

Hi I bought a plotter from a business in the north, called MDP supplies.
    I don't know if they do laser cutters but it might be worth a phone call, even for advise.
    Years ago the place where I worked bought a plotter/printer from china. The machine was good, but all the instructions were in very bad English, so it took us a long time to get it set up right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Bluegem30 wrote: »
    Any advice happily taken on this subject!! Looking to purchase a laser cutter for acrylic decorations . Would be using 3-4 mm pieces of acrylic and approx 8" in size. Only seem to be headed towards chinese websites..can anyone recommend a machine or a company?

How much are you looking to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 LazerShark

Amazon have them under €200 - depends on your budget

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

I went for HPC lasers - up in Yorkshire - went over on a 89 euro ferry deal - saw the machines working. Very helpful. Machine was calibrated, mirrors aligned and ready to go. Home and plugged and away I went. If you're not very tech I'd hugely recommend them.

Advertisement