Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australian Open 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Im raging I missed putting money on him at 8/1 ...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

Kevin Anderson so technically poor last night it was unreal granted he seemed to have a slight injury to his shoulder or elbow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

josip wrote: »
    I signed up for the Eurosport Player using a Bargain Alerts link before Christmas and it looks like I have a choice of 5 different matches to watch.
    Are they all live or are some of them just replays?
    All live. Every court is being shown on Eurosport Player. If you log on after midnight this week you'll get a larger choice than just five matches, all of them live.

Got him at 8.5 !!!
    Nice ... It will make it easier to take :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Floppybits

A few good matches tomorrow Djokovic vs Tsonga, Wawrinka vs Raonic, A Zevrev vs Chardy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Im raging I missed putting money on him at 8/1 ...

Tenner each way at 17/2. My usual insurance bet in case the unthinkable happens.

Alex bolt on fire here

• Registered Users Posts: 13,574 ✭✭✭✭josip

Alex bolt on fire here

Thanks, I can take an early break in work to watch the end.
    The Eurosport player is excellent.

EXiU7P9.jpg

josip wrote: »
    Thanks, I can take an early break in work to watch the end.
    The Eurosport player is excellent.

EXiU7P9.jpg

I watch on williamhill it shows every game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Djokovic vs Tsonga on now, thought it was all over there when Djokovic broke Tsonga to go 3-1 up in the first set but fair play to Tsonga he has broke back. I hope Tsonga can give a Djokovic a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SophieLockhart

Don't say Sasha is going to bomb out early again.

Zverev struggling against (by elite tennis stds) the journeyman's journeyman Jeremy Chardy.

Has just gone to a 5th set in a 4th set tie-break now.

Not convincing at all, even tho Chardy is really fighting and took a huge risk at 6-6 in the tie-break to bang in a big second serve which proved crucial to give him the set point which got him the set.

Chardy is completely gassed, lucky Sasha

Chardy is completely gassed, lucky Sasha

yes. Zverev wildly inconsistent though - huge amount of double faults.

would imagine that he should beat the Aussie Bolt in the next round, despite the partisan crowd that he will face but Raonic seems to be back in form and will be a big big test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

I'd love to see Raonic do well here. Really looked to be making the breakthrough in 2016 but has struggled so much with injuries since.

jr86 wrote: »
    I'd love to see Raonic do well here. Really looked to be making the breakthrough in 2016 but has struggled so much with injuries since.

good to see him back but he has such a boring game to watch imo.

Djokovic - Shapovalov could be an interesting match even though Djokovic will be a massive favourite and will most likely win handily enough - hopefully Shapovalov will show some progress.

glasso wrote: »
    Djokovic - Shapovalov could be an interesting match even though Djokovic will be a massive favourite and will most likely win handily enough - hopefully Shapovalov will show some progress.

Dunno, Djokovic was awful today v Tsonga, just lucky for him Tsonga was worse.

Wouldn't surprise me if Zverev lost his next match v Bolt - he looked really strong today ..
    Zverev is shaping up to be another dissapointment.

Just so easy for Nadal.

Wouldn't surprise me if Zverev lost his next match v Bolt - he looked really strong today ..

Just so easy for Nadal.

I don't see Bolt winning. He's has been around a long time and done nothing.

Could happen of course but I expect Zverev to be better than he was today. Don't see him repeating 13 double faults for one thing.

Allthough Zverev still can't do 5 sets well - thought that Lendl would sort him out with that. Surely just a concentration thing.

Just so easy for Nadal.

Nadal won’t win it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Nadal won’t win it

I dunno man, from what I've seen he looks like he's on fire right now. Swinging very freely.

Rob2D wrote: »
    I dunno man, from what I've seen he looks like he's on fire right now. Swinging very freely.

unfortunately yes.
    I never never never count out the guy, even when everyone pundits included say he's not at his best (as was the case last week) BANG he just returns with ultra strength vigour and energy.

I honestly think he'll be still winning the French open in 10 years time (at least a contender and getting far in it)

He will dump the rest of the tour in a few years time.

Rob2D wrote: »

Duckworth and Ebden though. Both poor poor standard. I fancy Nole or Roger possibly coric to get a great run.

Konta and Muguruza still balling at 3am in the morning :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Just watching the highlights, terrific match it was but to start a match after midnight just seems unfair if not actually insane. Thiem didn’t seem to recover from his late finish yesterday or day before, not sure why they feel need to do it.

Just watching the highlights, terrific match it was but to start a match after midnight just seems unfair if not actually insane. Thiem didn’t seem to recover from his late finish yesterday or day before, not sure why they feel need to do it.
    Yes they surely should have contingency plans to move it to another court once the schedule overruns. Hardly rocket science I would have thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

Yes they surely should have contingency plans to move it to another court once the schedule overruns. Hardly rocket science I would have thought.
    Or even just postpone it until the next day. It's not like they're doing the players any favours, and very few, if any, of the people who bought tickets for the court stayed around to watch. Of the few hundred people who were there, most, if not all, seemed to be grounds pass holders who popped in once they were allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Shockingly badly organized. Just cringe making.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

The plan was to put them on court 3, but there was lots of seagull poo on that court and not enough ground staff left at the venue to clean it up.

https://twitter.com/bbctennis/status/1085889267279118336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1085889267279118336&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fdeadspin.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-1085889267279118336%26autosize%3D1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

v60ujt4f60b21.png

:pac:

Advertisement