Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT DOS SANTOS VS TUIVASA

Options
  • 01-12-2018 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭

ek3gio.jpg

bt sports 2 12-1 early pre 1-3 + 3-6.30 the others

Poor ol aussies having to fight at a time to suit the Americans yet again :(

So event 7 of 9 this is over an 8 week period.

Bit suprised hunt is the underdog here, willis is pretty slow also so I'd be thinking both of these will be eating leather early and hunts leather is stronger than willis.

jds for me has all the tools to beat tuivasa, better footwork, striking etc

would love to see okami come out with a win though a big underdog

rua probably has another big win in him but I don't think it'll be against pedro.

paul craig another underdog up against a contender prospect, safe to say it'll be hard to top his sub with a second to go last time out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

30-25, lol....ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

This is such a fun fight.

This is such a fun fight.

Great debut. Pity his division is about to be binned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Looking forward to some of these main card fights. Wins for Bam Bam and Tyson would've good.

I am excited for this one right now! Going to be crazy methinks.

Dang, didn't expect it to be that quick. I don't know about that stoppage, it seemed premature in the replay but it looked brutal live.

• Advertisement

Amazingfun wrote: »
    I am excited for this one right now! Going to be crazy methinks.

Dang, didn't expect it to be that quick. I don't know about that stoppage, it seemed premature in the replay but it looked brutal live.

I think it was early. Suman was intelligently defending. Taking no damage, so no harm with giving him time to get out of there.
    If the opponent finds a proper finish, it's a clear result.

Brilliant performance from Martin, my fav fight tonight so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Hopefully Hunt gets the KO in 30 seconds so we can watch the Tyson Fury fight.

Not to be, alas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Genuinely had no idea JDS was fighting tonight.

• Advertisement

wooooooooooo a night of oldtimers kicking young butt :-)

Bam Bam needs to learn how to get up from bottom, and be more patient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A bit more patience and self-control and the win was there for Bam Bam.

Fair play to JDS huge win for him. Expect a big fight for him next maybe Stipe again or Francis.

ricero wrote: »
    A bit more patience and self-control and the win was there for Bam Bam.

Fair play to JDS huge win for him. Expect a big fight for him next maybe Stipe again or Francis.

Yeah, at 25 he has a lot of room for improvement and learning some more ringcraft. He'll be back.

Big win for JDS and well taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I think that was an early stoppage. He was fighting back even though from a bad position.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,516 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Yusuff looked amazing after already looking like one of the best prospects from the last season of the Tuesday Night Contender series.

Usmann, Adesanya and Abdul Razak Alhassan are already making waves in the UFC. The West African fighters could be a real emerging force!

Throwing punches from bottom of mount wasn't helping. He'd be better off covering up than eating punches like that.

Mellor wrote: »
    Throwing punches from bottom of mount wasn't helping. He'd be better off covering up than eating punches like that.

Yeah, it's not eactly "defending intellegently". Gave Herb little choice, but he admitted he was shook and just reacting.

Felt bad for Tyson. Losing due to injury after rocking Shogun in the first.

Keep us updated on how his knee is, looked pretty bad, hopefully he's ok/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

What price was rua after round one, must have been big

Yusuff looks a great prospect

Thought hunt might have retired after that, would have been perfect timing

Jds v Francis looks an obvious one now, would bet money on that being made next

mailburner wrote: »
    What price was rua after round one, must have been big

Yusuff looks a great prospect

Thought hunt might have retired after that, would have been perfect timing

Jds v Francis looks an obvious one now, would bet money on that being made next

He'll fight for $1million a pop for Rizin or something once or twice a year for the next year or two and then live off the money he wins from his UFC court case ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I almost felt worse for Rua, he was actually rocked by an accidental clash of heads rather than striking and then ate a huge amount of damage while stunned.

It was a remarkable recovery by him in fairness and round two was an intelligent runaway, so I don't think Pedro was too hard done by.

I almost felt worse for Rua, he was actually rocked by an accidental clash of heads rather than striking and then ate a huge amount of damage while stunned.

It was a remarkable recovery by him in fairness and round two was an intelligent runaway, so I don't think Pedro was too hard done by.
    The clash was unfortunate too. Shogun did great to recover. But I still think a torn ACL/MCL (at a guess) is a crap way to lose a close fight.

The clash was unfortunate too. Shogun did great to recover. But I still think a torn ACL/MCL (at a guess) is a crap way to lose a close fight.

At what point did it happen? There was a moment where Rua kicked him way before it was apparent he had an injury and Pedro winced something obvious, think the commentators even mentioned it, but not until post-round analysis.

Maybe end R1 or start R2 when Rua took him down?

At what point did it happen? There was a moment where Rua kicked him way before it was apparent he had an injury and Pedro winced something obvious, think the commentators even mentioned it, but not until post-round analysis.

Maybe end R1 or start R2 when Rua took him down?
    It may have happened earlier. But the way it buckled right before the finish suggests to me that it happened just then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

I haven't watched this main card yet. Is there any stand out fight from it or was it a bit of a dull event?

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I haven't watched this main card yet. Is there any stand out fight from it or was it a bit of a dull event?

It was pretty solid overall, some great scraps, definitely wouldn't describe it as dull apart from Hunt v Willis which was pretty boring/disappointing.

Advertisement