Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Season Ticket 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    For non Croke Park league games, has anyone had a picture of a ST card accepted at a County ground?

ie I can't go to one or two games and it will be difficult for me to get the card to someone who will use it and get it back off them in time for me to use at the next game.

As far as I recall, you can do this at Croke Park but not sure if other grounds accept.

Jasus, tis hard enough at some grounds to get your season ticket scanned, I'd say you might have a bit of trouble with only a photo?

I know they should have a list of all eligible season ticket holders for that match, they can mark it off manually, but seemingly Croke Park are cracking down on this now and have stated only scanners to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

You can take a photo of the card with your phone and the scanner will pick up the bar code on the phone.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this outside of HQ.

All I can see on the Ts and Cs is that transfers in the vicinity of the ground are prohibited!

I may end up asking them directly but I'd like to see if it's been tried first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

But sure you can’t use the card at all in Croke Park you have to print off your ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

[QUOTE=Redsoxfan;109203638]You can take a photo of the card with your phone and the scanner will pick up the bar code on the phone.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this outside of HQ.
    [/QUOTE]

imagine trying too explain that to some stubborn old git on the gate

I wonder will we ever see a time where ur photos will have to be put up on the card ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Does anyone know what the story is if your season ticket has not arrived before the game on Sunday??

I emailed them about this yesterday. I purchased on the 4th of Jan.

They confirmed that all tickets purchased after the 2nd of Jan have been posted and will arrive before this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭IanVW

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I emailed them about this yesterday. I purchased on the 4th of Jan.

They confirmed that all tickets purchased after the 2nd of Jan have been posted and will arrive before this weekend.

Mine arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

IanVW wrote: »
    Mine arrived today

Likewise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Do you get an email this week about your ticket for the match on sunday first time user.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

my season ticket arrived this week, cork hurling

I have logged in online to my a/c,

is there anything else I need to do before i attend the league matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Joe Daly wrote: »
    Do you get an email this week about your ticket for the match on sunday first time user.

You won't get an email unless the game is all ticket. ie. Croker.

Not sure about Páirc de Frank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭BandMember

They must have changed it this year, because you always got an e-mail on game week every other year no matter what venue the game was taking place in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭Joe Daly

Just get the ticket scanned at the turnstile thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

IanVW wrote: »
    Mine arrived today

Same

Oh that email. I thought he was just talking about the ticket one we get for Croker.

Probably likely to get it Tomorrow I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭westcork67

Second year of season ticket - I will be delayed getting to the start of the game - anyone experienced arriving late and the scanners already switched off or gone -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Can you just purchase a child tickets as bring a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Can you just purchase a child tickets as bring a friend?
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

For the games in Croker what section are you allocated with a season pass?

mystic86 wrote: »
    For the games in Croker what section are you allocated with a season pass?

Lower Cusack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

BandMember wrote: »
    Lower Cusack.

Like 306-307, or more like 310-311?

Also, do renewals get better seats than new subscriptions, or are the allocations done completely at random each year or each game?

• Advertisement

mystic86 wrote: »
    Like 306-307, or more like 310-311?

Also, do renewals get better seats than new subscriptions, or are the allocations done completely at random each year or each game?

Could be anywhere from 301 to 311 - all depends on the luck of the draw. It's a different seat for every game, you don't get a set seat (if you know what I mean). Renewals and new subscriptions are treated equally, there is no difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What has more of an impact than anything is the size of your seating group I think.

Also if you use the Bring a Friend option you get fairly **** seats in the far corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cyclocross!

Anybody any season ticket upload issues from Clones yesterday? My one uploaded but my father's didn't. Might still be uploading but just thought I would check.

westcork67 wrote: »
    Second year of season ticket - I will be delayed getting to the start of the game - anyone experienced arriving late and the scanners already switched off or gone -

Only once had they not been on when I got in and that was in Parnell Park in the league v Galway I think in 2010.

Usually you should just get there before HT and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Pretty.Odd.

Anyone have any trouble with their attendance not updating? Our cards had not arrived for the game on Sunday in Nowlan Park so we were ticked off the list at the gate... just checked there now and attendance still has not updated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Anyone have any trouble with their attendance not updating? Our cards had not arrived for the game on Sunday in Nowlan Park so we were ticked off the list at the gate... just checked there now and attendance still has not updated.

They can manually update it. Sometimes they're arseholes about it so if you have proof or a programme no harm to throw in a pic of that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 starfair

This has happened to me in the past, the best thing to do is send them an email as soon as possible explaining what happened and they should update attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Anyone else have none attendance for Castlebar last Saturday night? Friend who was with me scanned his card but he is marked as unattended.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

ureds wrote: »
    Anyone else have none attendance for Castlebar last Saturday night? Friend who was with me scanned his card but he is marked as unattended.

I have had problems in Castlebar twice in the past. Only place Ive ever had any issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

ureds wrote: »

What stile did he go in? Was the card scanned correctly?

Advertisement