Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Royal Rumble 2019 *Spoilers* (No betting odds)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How many unofficial entrants have we had in it before? Though have any of them won?

Cena springs to mind immediately anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Cena is injured apparently and out of the rumble match

Is it a work

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Love the Rumble. Easily my favorite PPV of the year, and I make it a priority to avoid spoilers for the next week. Card looks stacked too. Will probably sign up to the Network for the show, so I can watch it on the big screen.

Unless something is added on Smackdown, here's the final card. On paper, it looks phenomenal, with a few "dream" matches thrown in to boot.
    Men's Royal Rumble

Women's Royal Rumble

WWE Universal Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs Finn Balor

WWE Championship
    Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles

WWE US Championship
    Rusev vs Nakamura

WWE SMackdown Women's Championship
    Asuka vs Becky Lynch

WWE Raw Women's Championship
    Ronda Rousey vs Sasha Banks

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    Buddy Murphy vs Hideo Itami vs Kalisto vs Akira Tozawa

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship
    The Bar vs Miz & Shane McMahon

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Love the Rumble. Easily my favorite PPV of the year, and I make it a priority to avoid spoilers for the next week. Card looks stacked too. Will probably sign up to the Network for the show, so I can watch it on the big screen.

Unless something is added on Smackdown, here's the final card. On paper, it looks phenomenal, with a few "dream" matches thrown in to boot.
    Men's Royal Rumble

Women's Royal Rumble

WWE Universal Championship
    Brock Lesnar vs Finn Balor

WWE Championship
    Daniel Bryan vs AJ Styles

WWE US Championship
    Rusev vs Nakamura

WWE SMackdown Women's Championship
    Asuka vs Becky Lynch

WWE Raw Women's Championship
    Ronda Rousey vs Sasha Banks

WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    Buddy Murphy vs Hideo Itami vs Kalisto vs Akira Tozawa

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship
    The Bar vs Miz & Shane McMahon

Yeah can't wait for it and then Takeover the night before

I wonder what will be on the pre show. Will the men's rumble match be on last or Finn vs Brock ?

Charlotte and Rollins too win the rumbles

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Yeah can't wait for it and then Takeover the night before

I wonder what will be on the pre show. Will the men's rumble match be on last or Finn vs Brock ?

Charlotte and Rollins too win the rumbles

I'd say pre-show will be CW match, US title match and oooh, that's tough. I can't pick a third match "minor" enough to slip off the main card. The SD Tag title match seems too big, thanks to Shane's involvement. Not a chance either women's titles matches move.

5 matches and 2 Rumbles will be a tight squeeze though. At least one of the remaining matches is going to be cut hard for time, and turned into an angle.

Head would agree with you on the Rumble winners. Not seen odds or spoilers, but I feel if I was guessing how the Mania card will shape up, they will be the two main eventers.

The only doubt I'd have is with Rollins; they might give it to a Smackdown-bound challanger. Be that the loser of Styles/Bryan, possibly Finn (angry at being underestimated, angry at losing to Brock, he enters the Rumble as the demon and wins, to move to Smackdown?).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I'd say pre-show will be CW match, US title match and oooh, that's tough. I can't pick a third match "minor" enough to slip off the main card. The SD Tag title match seems too big, thanks to Shane's involvement. Not a chance either women's titles matches move.

5 matches and 2 Rumbles will be a tight squeeze though. At least one of the remaining matches is going to be cut hard for time, and turned into an angle.

Head would agree with you on the Rumble winners. Not seen odds or spoilers, but I feel if I was guessing how the Mania card will shape up, they will be the two main eventers.

The only doubt I'd have is with Rollins; they might give it to a Smackdown-bound challanger. Be that the loser of Styles/Bryan, possibly Finn (angry at being underestimated, angry at losing to Brock, he enters the Rumble as the demon and wins, to move to Smackdown?).

Would they be tight with time for the whole demon entrance?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

could they have lashley v Apollo thrown in last minute to the undercard?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe Revival vs Ryder/Hawkins?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Would they be tight with time for the whole demon entrance?

If they shave 10 seconds off in the time between some of the entrants then you'll get yourself the extra time you need for a #30 Demon Balor

Disappointed there was no mention of Demon Balor on Raw. I get they want to keep it strong, but kayfabe wise it makes no sense at all, I think a strong showing with the paint would enhance it given how little we see it, and if it's not being busted out for the big matches or being explained as Balor not wanting to use it because the Demon is dangerous or whatever then fair enough, but it only popping up for big matches is then a sign that Balor is going to win

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

If they shave 10 seconds off in the time between some of the entrants then you'll get yourself the extra time you need for a #30 Demon Balor

Disappointed there was no mention of Demon Balor on Raw. I get they want to keep it strong, but kayfabe wise it makes no sense at all, I think a strong showing with the paint would enhance it given how little we see it, and if it's not being busted out for the big matches or being explained as Balor not wanting to use it because the Demon is dangerous or whatever then fair enough, but it only popping up for big matches is then a sign that Balor is going to win

Yea i think if Balor comes out in the paint on Sunday he really has to win either the RR or the Universal title.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Yea i think if Balor comes out in the paint on Sunday he really has to win either the RR or the Universal title.

I seriously doubt he'll come out as the demon for the title match since they didn't promote it at all on Raw like for the other main rosters appearances, the only saving grace is how much Vince can change his mind which could also impact the result of the match and flip flop between now and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If Vince taught the demon character was good, we'd see it more regular, i dont think he'll be using it this sunday, but he will have his leather jacket, and he will tug on the collars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The US and 205 title match are on the pre show

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

is it possible Balor enters the rumble twice? really early on in normal gear, gets eliminated early then heads to back, gets quickly painted up, though usually takes a few hours and comes back and re enters as the demon?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

montyrebel wrote: »
    is it possible Balor enters the rumble twice? really early on in normal gear, gets eliminated early then heads to back, gets quickly painted up, though usually takes a few hours and comes back and re enters as the demon?

No, if he's entering as he lost to Lesnar, losing to Lesnar and then getting dumped out of the rumble and coming back would make him look weak and stupid for not coming out as the demon in the first place.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Folks are we having a Royal Rumble comp this year for sh1ts and giggles?

Happy to run one if no one else is.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Necro wrote: »

IN

In

Ok give me a few mins and I'll set up a seperate thread.

Can run a supplementary one if we get more than 30 entrants as well, will see how we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

IN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'll play please.

Pool Thread Up folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They need to update Kalisto's picture in that CW title match promo. He hasn't looked like Drago in a long time.

Who was it they messed up the quick elimination with in the women's rumble last year? I guess it's expected as most of the women are short so usually need help going over the top, which is why you see them climbing the ropes to get over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Whats everyones plans for the Rumble.

I normally make a big deal for the rumble or mania, and host parties or have a few drinks with the missus until see inevitably falls asleep, im thinking some white russians this year with homemade pizza's.

The missus mother had said she wants to watch it this year, so ill have fum explaining all the characters. I dont think she ever got my love of wrestling. When me and the missus moved into a new house, her and her father were upstairs geouting the bathroom while i was setting up all my figures strategically in the house.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Whats everyones plans for the Rumble.

I normally make a big deal for the rumble or mania, and host parties or have a few drinks with the missus until see inevitably falls asleep, im thinking some white russians this year with homemade pizza's.

The missus mother had said she wants to watch it this year, so ill have fum explaining all the characters. I dont think she ever got my love of wrestling. When me and the missus moved into a new house, her and her father were upstairs geouting the bathroom while i was setting up all my figures strategically in the house.

I'm just back from England that evening and off the next day. So takeaway, beer and perhaps some other munchies is the plan.
    Missus watched it last year with me, she loves the Rumble but not sure if she's planning to this year. Suppose I should ask :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

I'm just back from England that evening and off the next day. So takeaway, beer and perhaps some other munchies is the plan.
    Missus watched it last year with me, she loves the Rumble but not sure if she's planning to this year. Suppose I should ask :pac:

usually, i tend to stay up till 4, go to bed disappointed and get up for work around 7.30 hanging for the rest of the day. then watch it with my boys after work pretending i dont know what happens. Last year was unique in that i didnt go to bed disappointed, still hanging though. no leave left until feb, so will be doing the usual again. where i am happy wise depends on who wins what on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

dusty bin wrote: »
    usually, i tend to stay up till 4, go to bed disappointed and get up for work around 7.30 hanging for the rest of the day. then watch it with my boys after work pretending i dont know what happens. Last year was unique in that i didnt go to bed disappointed, still hanging though. no leave left until feb, so will be doing the usual again. where i am happy wise depends on who wins what on sunday.

i will be doing the same the monday is always a rough experience but with the card i feel it will be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Used to always take the day off after rumble and a week after mania when i worked in the bank, but since i left and now work for myself i can suit myself, and work from home if needs be!

surly they wont go with Orton to win it again

have heard they were looking at
    Orton vs Styles at mania

• Advertisement

Am working hard to clear my schedule Monday morning. Sit down, bright and fresh and having avoided the internet, and enjoy it :)

Advertisement