Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Royal Rumble 2019 *Spoilers* (No betting odds)

Options
  • 06-11-2018 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭

I know not until the end of January but who can you see winning, if Lesnar drops the title to Ambrose having Rollins win to face Dean for title at WM would progress their feud if it could last until WM

KO or Elias winning would be good

Will the oldie elites like HBK, Kane, Taker, Angle, Shane, Jericho or HHH add themselves into the mix

====

Mod warning 27th Jan, post #157

Mod Hat on:
    Lads and lasses, please keep betting odds out of this thread. They tend not to be "speculative spoilers" but full on ones, as they usually are bang on the money. There's a separate thread to discuss betting odds, found here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...587637&page=61

I've placed the above behind a spoiler warning too (though, mod hat off, anyone keeping the vaguest track of wrestling news would avoid that bet like the plague..... )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can see a part timer win it and that could be Batista and he will go on too face Brock at mania with Triple H likely ruled out with injury

Think Daniel Bryan will have a big part of the title picture on SD come mania time but may not win the rumble

Its going to be interesting esp with no Reigns around

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Cena's probably in the bad books after no showing Saudi Arabia

But him going for number 17 against AJ Styles who'd be what 16 months into his reign if he kept it until Wrestlemania could be one hell of a match

Daniel Bryan's probably in the bad books too but doesn't have as much clout as Cena either so don't see them going for him, I'd love to see it but don't forsee it

Charlotte is winning the women's one to face Rousey for the Raw women's title in the main event of Wrestlemania for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Can see a part timer win it and that could be Batista and he will go on too face Brock at mania with Triple H likely ruled out with injury

Think Daniel Bryan will have a big part of the title picture on SD come mania time but may not win the rumble

Its going to be interesting esp with no Reigns around

Can't ever see Bryan reaching Main Event Status ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

2018's winners both turned out terrible; Nakamura with a hugely disappointing feud and series of matches with AJ and now a directionless US title reign and Asuka doing a whole lot of nothing. I think they won't be going with internet favourites this time around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    2018's winners both turned out terrible; Nakamura with a hugely disappointing feud and series of matches with AJ and now a directionless US title reign and Asuka doing a whole lot of nothing. I think they won't be going with internet favourites this time around.

Nothing to do with the Internet darlings it's the awful booking for them. They gave us no reason to get behind either Nakamura or Auska. They completely watered down their character the minute they made the main roster.

They both should have been strong, take no prisoners, kick as$ type of characters.

Instead they were meek smiley versions of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well after all the non sensical stuff in the last few weeks, im going for Hogan to win the Rumble and go on to beat Lesnar at WM..........might not be my actual opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Come to think of it, have any of the guys who were big in Japan been treated right? Asuka, Nakamura, Finn, Anderson, Gallows. I'm sure Kairi will be buried when she's brought up.
    If he's not fighting Brock at the Rumble, I'd say Braun will win.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Come to think of it, have any of the guys who were big in Japan been treated right? Asuka, Nakamura, Finn, Anderson, Gallows. I'm sure Kairi will be buried when she's brought up.
    If he's not fighting Brock at the Rumble, I'd say Braun will win.

I hope it’s not Braun it’s bad enough they wasted his “Monster in the bank” they’d only screw up his Rumble win too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd love Bobby Roode or Joe to win or dare I say it Ziggler or Miz

• Advertisement

I still think they miss an opportunity each year with the Rumble by not having a low mid carder win it unexpectedly and spend the next two months profiling them and showing them training for their biggest match of their career.

Like imagine following Chad Gable going from a nothing tag team to a Title match at Mania. It’s the Cinderella story.

Especially as now a days the Rumble winner doesn’t need to be in the main event for Mania.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

up until recently I thought it'd be Bryan to win and face Miz at WM. Now I doubt that'll happen. The Rock has been rumoured for a long time to appear at WM35 (even though they don't refer to Wrestlemania by number anymore). wonde if rock could win the rumble to face Lesnar at Mania?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

TimesArrow wrote: »
    up until recently I thought it'd be Bryan to win and face Miz at WM. Now I doubt that'll happen. The Rock has been rumoured for a long time to appear at WM35 (even though they don't refer to Wrestlemania by number anymore). wonde if rock could win the rumble to face Lesnar at Mania?

I think Rock Vs. Reigns was WM plan at one time

I really hope Lesnar does not keep the title all the way to WM

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

So thats Rock vs Reigns and HHH vs Batista potentially gone as Mania fodder in the last few weeks. Maybe they will shake storylines up with the male rumble but it is still too far ahead for Vince to have decided. The woman's rumble I feel as certain that Charlotte will win it as I did Asuka last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Styles vs Orton (royal rumble winner yet again)
    Lesner vs Batista for the universal title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Would be surprised if Bryan doesn't win the Rumble. They're still pushing the he's lost his mojo angle so surely it's going somewhere, likely culminating at Mania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Starfleet Student

Is Hulk Hogan healthy enough to wrestle even a few matches these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Drew McIntyre for the win anyone?

Setting up Drew vs either Brock or Strowman at Mania. I think Drew is in for the rocket ship strapped to his ass treatment (even more so), in the coming months, with a crowning moment at Mania.

Would be surprised if Bryan doesn't win the Rumble. They're still pushing the he's lost his mojo angle so surely it's going somewhere, likely culminating at Mania.

They’re going to bury Bryan for refusing to work at Crown Jewel. Bryan won’t be winning the Rumble or a world title ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is Hulk Hogan healthy enough to wrestle even a few matches these days?

He's 65 so surely not. He'd make current Undertaker look like peak Rey Mysterio in terms of movement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He could probably do a Rumble spot. Come in Hulk up, throw a few jobbers out, then be thrown on top of them so they can catch him so he doesn't have to bump.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

some reports online have suggested it could be a repeat winner this year (cena, orton, taker are probably the main candidates?) as much as id like one of the current full time guys to win, I think itll be one of the part time lads. Cena to win maybe and take his 17th world title at mania is possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Loughc wrote: »
    They’re going to bury Bryan for refusing to work at Crown Jewel. Bryan won’t be winning the Rumble or a world title ever again.

That's in the back of my mind but they still have him front and centre on the show and still keeping Joe in the frame as the one who has Bryan's number and Bryan knows and hate it. And that's why Bryan lost the rag with Joe lording over him.

Still have a sneaky hope it might be Joe V Bryan for the title at Mania.... only issue is that Joe should have taken the title from AJ by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

That's in the back of my mind but they still have him front and centre on the show and still keeping Joe in the frame as the one who has Bryan's number and Bryan knows and hate it. And that's why Bryan lost the rag with Joe lording over him.

Still have a sneaky hope it might be Joe V Bryan for the title at Mania.... only issue is that Joe should have taken the title from AJ by now.

Convinced with roman gone vinnie will throw another saudi truckload of cash for hbk vs aj which will open up the title picture

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE have announced that the number 30 spots this year will be given to the winners of the Mixed Match Challange.

.....which I guess means AJ ain't winning the Mixed Match challange, lol.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    WWE have announced that the number 30 spots this year will be given to the winners of the Mixed Match Challange.

.....which I guess means AJ ain't winning the Mixed Match challange, lol.

Always felt like no.30 should go to the brand who won their Survivor Series match.

Can't see anything but a Smackdown winner for the womens Rumble at the moment with Charlotte maybe using it to set up her vs Ronda or getting back to Becky.

The mens one may go to Raw and be used to cement a Roman Reigns replacement. Doubt it'll be him but imagine a surprise Balor Rumble win starting a long build to him going over Lesnar at mania, most likely as "The Demon". Essentially make Vince forget that he got injured once and in his head that is because he is small and allow him to have a new merch shifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

There hasn't been a single digit entry winner in 10 years, (Orton '09, #8), so I think we're due. Whoever enters at #4, #6, #7, or #9 are my picks. Nobody has won from those numbers before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There hasn't been a single digit entry winner in 10 years, (Orton '09, #8), so I think we're due. Whoever enters at #4, #6, #7, or #9 are my picks. Nobody has won from those numbers before.

Probably cause they've done the same formula with the rumble for the majority of years, often in what feels like the same order. Steady hands start off, comedy spot, big man throwing out jobbers, legend spot, kofi spot, an underwhelming no.30 & finish.
    I left out the face off between past stars & current stars as really they haven't made a star in so long I'd be lying to myself mentioning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭dusty bin

I see there's talk of Becky v Ronda now for wrestlemania, which means one of them would have to win the royal rumble to get a spot. (the 2nd womens event would be damaged if winner didnt get to pick a champion)

speculation seems to be that becky would be the one to drop the belt and going on to win the rumble. I'd love it if either one of them declared their entry in it, even as a current champion, with the sole purpose of challenging the other champion if they win. Then the other one says, I'll enter it too. last two entrants in the rumble being both ronda and becky tearing lumps of each other, one wins and the wm main event is set in stone. champion v champion. it would mean the build for the two of them going one on one in a winner takes all match goes from night of the evolution ppv to april. the long build may even cross over into mainstream news.

mon becky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dusty bin wrote: »
    I see there's talk of Becky v Ronda now for wrestlemania, which means one of them would have to win the royal rumble to get a spot. (the 2nd womens event would be damaged if winner didnt get to pick a champion)

speculation seems to be that becky would be the one to drop the belt and going on to win the rumble. I'd love it if either one of them declared their entry in it, even as a current champion, with the sole purpose of challenging the other champion if they win. Then the other one says, I'll enter it too. last two entrants in the rumble being both ronda and becky tearing lumps of each other, one wins and the wm main event is set in stone. champion v champion. it would mean the build for the two of them going one on one in a winner takes all match goes from night of the evolution ppv to april. the long build may even cross over into mainstream news.

mon becky.
    I really like that Rumble idea. It would be like when Undertaker and Shawn Michaels were the last two left a few years ago. Though having said that if you worked on the WWE writing team and pitched that to Vince he would fire you on the spot for trying to plan more than 1 week ahead.

Advertisement