Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Archaeology jobs in Galway

• 18-10-2018 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I am considering doing my Phd in archaeology with the hope of living and working in Galway. Can anyone with recent experience or knowledge tell me if the job prospects are good for archeology there now? Any advice will be welcome, thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

Hi, I am considering doing my Phd in archaeology with the hope of living and working in Galway. Can anyone with recent experience or knowledge tell me if the job prospects are good for archeology there now? Any advice will be welcome, thanks
    In private sector archaeology?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Diggity2018

robp wrote: »
    In private sector archaeology?
    Yes, or anything in general?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Aelfric

@Diggity2018, work has been picking up again in the sector over the past 4 or 5 years, but I doubt they'll be sufficient archaeology work on the Galway area to sustain you through a PhD. Archaeology is still very much a transient lifestyle, hence I'm currently in N. Wales

Aelfric wrote: »
    @Diggity2018, work has been picking up again in the sector over the past 4 or 5 years, but I doubt they'll be sufficient archaeology work on the Galway area to sustain you through a PhD. Archaeology is still very much a transient lifestyle, hence I'm currently in N. Wales

Thanks Aelfric. Yes Galway seems good to study in but a lot of people have told me not to just stay on there for the sake of it and to get on my feet as soon as I finish my studies. Things are good in north Wales right now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

If you are new to Ireland Galway is good for Gaelic Ireland, Cork for Bronze, Iron Age and Industrial and UCD for Mesolithic, diet, Neolithic and everything else.

• Advertisement

Thanks Rob! If you could turn back time as a newly qualified archeologist, where would you folks like to embark on your career?

Advertisement