Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Im sure theres a logical explanation but.....

• 21-09-2018 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭

I woke up the other morning with large scratches on my left arm
    During the night I heard doors banging even though I was alone and had no doors or windows open

Kinda unerving

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Sin City wrote: »
    During the night I heard doors banging even though I was alone and had no doors or windows open

Kinda unerving
    It's very possible and most likely the scratches we self inflicted when you were sleeping.

Without more details and background I'd be confident of a more down to earth explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Ziycon wrote: »
    It's very possible and most likely the scratches we self inflicted when you were sleeping.

Without more details and background I'd be confident of a more down to earth explanation.

Possibly but i can't see how. Nothing sharp near the bed even my nails are too short to scratch myself.
    Not ruling anything out not leaving my imagination run away with me either but something doesn't add up.
    Something just didn't feel right

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Possibly but i can't see how.

Jesus testing your faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Im a nail biter so have very short nails yet occasionally wake up with long red scratches on my arms or stomach, im just scratching an itch during the night but being asleep im not aware of how hard im scratching myself. As for doors banging, is there a breeze getting in?

Im a nail biter so have very short nails yet occasionally wake up with long red scratches on my arms or stomach, im just scratching an itch during the night but being asleep im not aware of how hard im scratching myself. As for doors banging, is there a breeze getting in?

Enough to draw blood?

I am also a nail biter and I have my nails bitten down to the stubs so very short

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Enough to draw blood?

I am also a nail biter and I have my nails bitten down to the stubs so very short

Same, yes theres sometimes been a bit of blood or dry blood on the scratches, particularly my arms. Everytime it happens im surprised I managed it with the length of my nails. I look like I was scratched by a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,441 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have had instances of nodular prurigo where the scratching in my sleep was so bad I woke up with bloody nails and sheets.
    Not saying you had this, but it is quite possible a reaction or itch was bad enough to cause you scratch yourself raw in your sleep.

banie01 wrote: »
    I have had instances of nodular prurigo where the scratching in my sleep was so bad I woke up with bloody nails and sheets.
    Not saying you had this, but it is quite possible a reaction or itch was bad enough to cause you scratch yourself raw in your sleep.

Only thing is my nails were all blood free, arms on other hand were bloody

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kinda unerving

I often wake up with scratches too, not in a while mind, never could figure out what caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

If you really want to get to the bottom of it, setup a camera to film yourself sleep, you'd be surprised how active some people are when sleeping, from talking, to walking around cleaning up the house!

• Advertisement

Ziycon wrote: »
    If you really want to get to the bottom of it, setup a camera to film yourself sleep, you'd be surprised how active some people are when sleeping, from talking, to walking around cleaning up the house!

I was thinking to do that alright, as I said it seems to be just a once off but if it keeps happening Ill have to record myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

a girl told me she had bruises caused by being abducted by aliens

a girl told me she had bruises caused by being abducted by aliens

Something tells me my injuries were committed on terra firma but i wont rule anything out

Advertisement