Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drum Tracks - Ableton

• 13-09-2018 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I record a lot of folky/singer songwriter stuff (through Ableton mostly) I find it hard to get high quality drum sounds or kits that either sound off or are not just repetitive and boring.

For someone like me who is just looking for high quality simple enough drum tracks with some fills here and there what software/files should I be using??

Any recommendations??

Regards,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,943 ✭✭✭Doge

Sounds like Toonrack EZ-drummer would be suitable.

It comes with loads of patterns so you don't have to program the drums yourself, but you can if you want to.

You can check out a video on it here, bare in mind the video is 8 years old though!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dcselling

That sounds a lot like what I am looking for, thanks a mill.

And this is free to download and works with any DAW like Ableton??

dcselling wrote: »
    That sounds a lot like what I am looking for, thanks a mill.

And this is free to download and works with any DAW like Ableton??

its not free, but it will work with any DAW like ableton.

I don't know of any free ones that are as good.

Just did a google search for free alternatives and this popped up:

https://www.powerdrumkit.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 21 dcselling

Excellent, thanks a lot for your help on this i will give this a look!

• Advertisement
Advertisement