Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ozzy Osbourne with Judas Priest - 3Arena - 30/01/2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Any codes?
    Can't miss this gig :(

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

will take a code too if one going please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

B1Q53EGLK

Used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Anyone still looking for pre-sale code?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭GaryByrne

Greg81 wrote: »
    Anyone still looking for pre-sale code?

I'm looking for both code and the link for the presale, doesn't seem to show me anything over that tickets priced from 169 upwards on tm :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

GaryByrne wrote: »
    I'm looking for both code and the link for the presale, doesn't seem to show me anything over that tickets priced from 169 upwards on tm :(

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Sums up the new ticketmaster pricing.....(Since removing Seatwave)

Source: https://www.metalireland.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=69910&start=90

"Platinum" is not the very best seats or standing areas, it's just a name devised to con you into thinking you're getting some kind of premium when you're not, you're just paying more for a standard ticket.

Here's what they say about them:

Quote:

Platinum Tickets: these are in-demand Tickets that are offered for sale at market-driven prices, which may be higher than the face value price stated on Ticket.

It's a regular ticket but the price can increase depending on demand. When they say "from €59" it just means that the lowest you will pay for the ticket is €59 - but the price is not fixed at €59 should there be enough people willing to pay more.

Quote:

Platinum Tickets are sold on a ticket-only basis and do not include any additional products or services.

You get the same ticket and the same access as everyone else, you just paid more for it.

From the article linked

Quote:

Ticketmaster's website claimed that the Platinum tickets "offer fans the best available tickets for an event direct from the artist", and said the goal was to give fans "fair and safe access to the best available tickets, while enabling artists and other people involved in staging live events to price tickets closer to their true value".

But the more expensive tickets were sometimes actually further from the stage or had a worse view, and so fans had a "worse experience", the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) found.

However the ASA said consumers were likely to assume the tickets would be the best in the house. It was critical of shows where Ticketmaster sold standing tickets at both fixed and platinum rates, saying the "experience offered was no different".

They want to get the most possible revenue for the event, which means seeing just how much people are prepared to pay to see a pensioner mumble into a microphone. Instead of operating by a fixed-fee system, whereby every ticket sold for the same price and if they sold X amount of tickets they'd get Y in revenue, they're essentially trying to also capture the additional money which used to go to touts and have implemented a system whereby there is no real face-value anymore, just a minimum entry fee plus whatever extra you are willing to pay. Your ticket will still have the minimum fee printed on it though, which I have to say I find hilarious. The sheer ****ing cheek of them :lol:

If you call it an "I got jipped" ticket in your head, instead of "Platinum", the reality of what they're doing should become pretty clear pretty quickly.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

TM has a complete monopoly on Irish gigs, l can't think of a single other primary tickets seller other than TM in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Well there's a few smaller ones like tickets.ie and eventbrite, but they are tiny compared to the behemoth

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Got my presale code there and the cheapest ticket is €196
    So much for "from €59"

I'd be willing to pay up to €120 for one but 200 is crazy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Got my presale code there and the cheapest ticket is €196
    So much for "from €59"

I'd be willing to pay up to €120 for one but 200 is crazy

Dunno what you are looking at but there are seating there for €69.50 and standing for €79.50 not including the facilty fee and service charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

Dunno what you are looking at but there are seating there for €69.50 and standing for €79.50 not including the facilty fee and service charges.

You're right. 3 mobile just kept redirecting me to the platinum tickets. I purchased 2 standing tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Got 3 in the end on presale. Wonder will this sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

xpletiv wrote: »
    Got 3 in the end on presale. Wonder will this sell out?

I really don't understand the pre sale thing as opposed to just waiting for the general tickets to go on sale can anybody explain to me what advantage it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

youtube! wrote: »
    I really don't understand the pre sale thing as opposed to just waiting for the general tickets to go on sale can anybody explain to me what advantage it is?

If it's a very high demand show it may sell out on the day of general release. It also means some of the shytty seats get advertised first in a hope they will be filled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If it's a very high demand show it may sell out on the day of general release. It also means some of the shytty seats get advertised first in a hope they will be filled.

I notice some of the back tiers on sale already in presale* that indicates expectation is there from the promoter surely?

*...The presale that I got standing tickets in! ;)

yeah cruddy seats go to the presale usually

Have to say that platinum ticket thing is some scam.

Do hope it wont sell out, wanted to buy my buddy tickets but im broke and so is he. He gets paid end of the month :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GLSerpent

B1Q53EGLK

Cheers Outlaw Pete 🀘 I forgot to thank you earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Ticketmaster acting up this morning?!

• Advertisement

poundhound wrote: »

It was a bit of a prick alright. Was trying for half way decent seated tix myself as Im bringing my wife with me but the only ones that kept coming up as available were block G so I just went for 2 standing tix instead and will try and exchange them nearer the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Business cat I've two seating tickets if you need to swap? I'll re check my email fir seat number and block

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Business cat I've two seating tickets if you need to swap? I'll re check my email fir seat number and block

PM me with seat details if they are hard copy tickets. Im wont trade for soft copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Just checked soft copy... Bose bleed section

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

just could not resist this.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,954 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Zak Wylde and priest on the same show too good to miss and I've missed loads of recent shows Maiden and ACDC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭dasdog

Same, I wasn't gonna go then Mr Crowley started going round in my head so got a standing. Aside from the Sabbath gig the last time I saw Ozzy (and Zakk Wylde) it was £7 in for the McGonagles shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

poundhound wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say they put too many events onsale at 9. Coronas, EP, Ozzy and to a lesser extent Ash and Damo Dempsey

standing looks like its sold out anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

xpletiv wrote: »
    standing looks like its sold out anyway

Plenty of standing left from what I can see at the moment.

Advertisement