Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Enniscrone / Trawee surfing it blind

Options
  • 19-08-2018 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello all.

I am looking for someone who can take along my blind husband to surfing at Enniscrone or Trawee, etc.
    He lost his eyesight 6 years ago but is fully independent.
    It seems like everyone is scared of a blind surfer!
    He used to surf in the USA and now is picking it up again here.
    We can offer a bedroom & breakfast free to whoever will take him surfing. We live 3 km of Easkey.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 HeyMister

Check out Harbour Sup and Sail in Enniscrone.
    If Mikee himself can't get ya sorted, he might know someone who can.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Fermanagh Matt

I have zero experience with a blind person but if you ever wanted to bring him over to Bundoran or Rossnowlagh I'd happily accompany him out and see how it goes.

Failing that, the local surf schools might be a better idea as they are generally trained in first aid, rescue etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Try the ISA in Easkey, they will know who to ask. There is a surf school and Aughris head or Seventh wave surf school in Enniscrone run stand up paddling boarding and kayaking from Aughris too from time to time I'd try that first to see how he takes to it the go from there. Start slowly.

I would say away from surfing Trawee and it gets rip currents but Enniscrone is one of the most user friendly beaches in the country to try surfing blind or not on.

Advertisement