Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for Network Engineering Job in Ireland (CCNA/CCNP)

Options
  • 20-06-2018 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi guys,
    i completed my Masters (MSc in Network and Information Security) last month, i am CCNP R&S certified, i have one year experience working with ISP as Technical support and one year experience as FE (Part-time) here in Ireland.

My visa status is stamp 2 at the moment and will be getting stamp 1G in July...

I have been trying to get a network job... i applied from indeed.ie, jobs.ie, irishjobs.ie, computerjobs.ie, linkedin etc.

i dont know the cause here... some employers dont even care, they care for EU passport or Stamp 4. I spent huge amount of time and money and i get stamp 1G which many dont accept.

i cant explain in words the toughest phase i am facing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What network jobs have you been applying to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sumair.ahmed

What network jobs have you been applying to?
    I am applying for tier 1 NOC engieer and technical support position

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I am applying for tier 1 NOC engieer and technical support position

I'd suggest aiming for basic helpdesk(non-network orientated) positions for now. They will at least give you experience in other aspects of IT support work.

I'd suggest aiming for basic helpdesk(non-network orientated) positions for now. They will at least give you experience in other aspects of IT support work.

Yes i tried basic roles too, i tried all around these roles but no luck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'll find employers who'll take Stamp 1G but they'll pay you as if you are an intern in a lot of cases...

Try an outsourcer like Ergo or Version1.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    You'll find employers who'll take Stamp 1G but they'll pay you as if you are an intern in a lot of cases...

Try an outsourcer like Ergo or Version1.

Why Stamp 1G is degraded here when the Government is giving full rights to work like any other VISA.

I will lookup on Ergo and Version1 as u said...
    but i think thats not fair at all to filter people with stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

loyatemu wrote: »

Thank you for sharing this position, i will apply on it

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Why Stamp 1G is degraded here when the Government is giving full rights to work like any other VISA.

Because it is time-limited and you might not get a Stamp 4 after it runs it.

Also, the strict working time limits are a problem in IT roles - particularly NOC because it means you could be unavailable for emergencies. That doesn't apply to Stamp 1/4/5 or EEA citizens.

Because it is time-limited and you might not get a Stamp 4 after it runs it.

Also, the strict working time limits are a problem in IT roles - particularly NOC because it means you could be unavailable for emergencies. That doesn't apply to Stamp 1/4/5 or EEA citizens.

I dont understand what time limit? even for 6 months or 12 months contract they are denying Stamp 1G holder which covers 2 years.

• Advertisement

40 hours a week hard limit. Something goes down and you're already averaging 40 the past few weeks and they can't call on you. It's something I'd take in to account when choosing between potential hires of equal quality

40 hours a week hard limit. Something goes down and you're already averaging 40 the past few weeks and they can't call on you. It's something I'd take in to account when choosing between potential hires of equal quality

So what do u recommend?

Advertisement