Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Junior Rugby [Social Rugby] Season 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,282 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Ate Stillorgan mooching for a name change? In fairness they aren’t next to near Stillorgan anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

salmocab wrote: »
    Ate Stillorgan mooching for a name change? In fairness they aren’t next to near Stillorgan anymore

Name change is already official and is due to buying grounds in Rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Name change makes sense and not mooching as also buying/looking to buy grounds in Rathfarnham.

Name change makes sense and not mooching as also buying/looking to buy grounds in Rathfarnham.

I wasn’t being disparaging, I’m pretty sure they have some land up near Columba’s college already. I thought from the post about the league they were called Stillorgan/Rathfarnham and they were using it as a halfway house name.

I wasn’t being disparaging, I’m pretty sure they have some land up near Columba’s college already. I thought from the post about the league they were called Stillorgan/Rathfarnham and they were using it as a halfway house name.
    Dont see how name is halfway house. Better to use that than stay as just stillorgan IMO if they have a new ground etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Dont see how name is halfway house. Better to use that than stay as just stillorgan IMO if they have a new ground etc.

I think the point is that it’s laying groundwork to eventually just be called Rathfarnham - or some variation that eventually drops the stillorgan element

blackwhite wrote: »
    I think the point is that it’s laying groundwork to eventually just be called Rathfarnham - or some variation that eventually drops the stillorgan element
    I would be very surprised if they do drop it eventually. Yes the Rathfarnham area isnt greatly represented but i still would be surprised if they drop the name of club theyve had for so long.

I would be very surprised if they do drop it eventually. Yes the Rathfarnham area isnt greatly represented but i still would be surprised if they drop the name of club theyve had for so long.

How long have they been Stillorgan? Would think it’s about 20 years or so. Did they change name from Salesians or were they a new outfit completely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

How long have they been Stillorgan? Would think it’s about 20 years or so. Did they change name from Salesians or were they a new outfit completely?

The club has been around for 45 years. It was originally Salesians and changed to Stillorgan in 1994. I agree with The Lost Sheep and can't see them dropping the Stillorgan part of their name

BDJW wrote: »
    The club has been around for 45 years. It was originally Salesians and changed to Stillorgan in 1994. I agree with The Lost Sheep and can't see them dropping the Stillorgan part of their name

If they’ve already added Rathfarnham to their name I can see them dropping Stillorgan at some point, I would think they will want to identify with the local area and the double barrel name is a mouthful.assuming they build the grounds in Rathfarnham that is.

• Advertisement

If they’ve already added Rathfarnham to their name I can see them dropping Stillorgan at some point, I would think they will want to identify with the local area and the double barrel name is a mouthful.assuming they build the grounds in Rathfarnham that is.
    They may be called unofficially Rathfarnham but i cant see them dropping it officially. Its a mouthful but why lose out on old name etc? It would be madness IMO
    They will be identifying with local area by adding Rathfarnham, playing there.

Dogos have moved. Not training/playing in Coolmine this season and will now train in Monkstown and will be playing Leinster league division 3 not metro divisions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Dogos have moved. Not training/playing in Coolmine this season and will now train in Monkstown and will be playing Leinster league division 3 not metro divisions

Any reason for this change?

shoutman wrote: »
    Any reason for this change?
    Which change? League or venue. Dont know about venue. League i assume is to help get into ladder for j1 rugby

So assuming they wont be looking to put in a second team this year so...

shoutman wrote: »
    So assuming they wont be looking to put in a second team this year so...
    2nds will be playing in 2nds league playing same clubs as their first team each week if they have a 2nds

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Number 137

If the Dublin Dogos are in Leinster League Division 3, they will not be playing same teams as the first team. There is no seconds league below 2A. So they will either have to play in one of the Metro divisions, or as happened one year, they could join an enlarged 2A seconds league. I also believe will Division 3 will be renamed 2C this year.

Number 137 wrote: »
    If the Dublin Dogos are in Leinster League Division 3, they will not be playing same teams as the first team. There is no seconds league below 2A. So they will either have to play in one of the Metro divisions, or as happened one year, they could join an enlarged 2A seconds league. I also believe will Division 3 will be renamed 2C this year.
    I thought there was. My mistake. So if Dogos do field a second side then they'll be in Metro leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 10 udun

Hi there,
    Would like to get into playing rugby again. I'm quite light though at 70 kilos but I'm 6 foot. Would i be too light for these leagues ? any recommendations of clubs with very low level players? Played in school til 17 in the backs. age 22 now haven't played since.

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

udun wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Would like to get into playing rugby again. I'm quite light though at 70 kilos but I'm 6 foot. Would i be too light for these leagues ? any recommendations of clubs with very low level players? Played in school til 17 in the backs. age 22 now haven't played since.

Thanks for any help

You’ll be fine, weight isn’t going to be huge factor in social rugby. Go for the nearest club with a development team and test your level. You can always move up if you’re confident at that level.

• Advertisement

Every club would be glad of a new player no matter what your level. If you let us know where your based we can all claim our club would be closest/ easiest.

udun wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks for any help
    weight wont be an issue if playing lower level social rugby. Where are you based as that'll help recommendations for clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

29 year old living in killester. Looking for a club nearby. Used to play club in Galway as a wing or full back and number 7 for school. Not sure of my level at this point tbh.

29 year old living in killester. Looking for a club nearby. Used to play club in Galway as a wing or full back and number 7 for school. Not sure of my level at this point tbh.
    Clontarf would be perfect. Teams at all levels. If you played in wegians/corinthians at age grade and across 7/back 3 you'll have played to decent level and will find a suitable team in no time

I've sent you a PM

Old Wesleys 3rds/4ths/5ths start back training in Donnybrook on Wednesday night at 7.15pm

Division 6 and 7 fixtures up on leinster website now
    Division 6
    DLSP 3s, Terenure 4s, Old Wesley 5s, Old Belvedere 4s, Coolmine 3s, Barnhall 4s, Guinness 1s, Trinity 3s
    Division 7
    Navan 3s, UCD 4s, Clontarf 5s, Tallaght 1s, Clondalkin 3s, Seapoint 3s, AIB 1s, Bective Rangers 3s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Apparently a lot more teams entered this year so Division 8 is back. Fixtures up to division 10 out. We're up to division 9 which would have a good bit more travel than previous years where our only game outside of Dublin would have been Barnhall.

Teams below, don't know what clubs' seconds/thirds etc.

Division 8 Edenderry, Dublin University, Terenure College RFC, Stillorgan-Rathfarnham, Parkmore, Bective Rangers, Athy
    Division 9 Co Carlow, Newbridge, Old Belvedere, Gorey, Ratoath, Malahide, Emerald Warriors, BGF Ravens
    Division 10 Monkstown, Normans, Suttonians, Railway Union, Coolmine, St Marys College RFC, MU Barnhall

All divisions up on leinster website with fixtures now
    Think these are correct now.
    Division 1
    Naas 2s, Terenure 2s, Old Wesley 2s, Old Belvedere 2s, UCD 2s, Clontarf 2s, Lansdowne 2s, Trinity 2s
    Division 2
    Wanderers 2s, Old Wesley 3s, St Marys 2s, MU Barnhall 2s, Greystones 2s, Lansdowne 3s, Clontarf 3s, Blackrock 2s
    Division 3
    Terenure 3s, Old Belvedere 3s, Tullamore 2s, Navan 2s, Seapoint 2s, St Marys 3s, Skerries 2s
    Division 4
    Rathdrum 1s, Stillorglin-Rathfarnham 1s, UCD 3s, Old Wesley 4s, Naas 3s, St Marys 4s, Malahide 2s
    Division 5
    Greystones 3s, CYM 1s, MU Barnhall 3s, Wanderers 3s, St Marys 5s, Lansdowne 4s, Clontarf 4s, Blackrock 3s
    Division 6
    DLSP 3s, Terenure 4s, Old Wesley 5s, Old Belvedere 4s, Coolmine 3s, MU Barnhall 4s, Guinness 1s, Trinity 3s
    Division 7
    Navan 3s, UCD 4s, Clontarf 5s, Tallaght 1s, Clondalkin 3s, Seapoint 3s, AIB 1s, Bective Rangers 3s
    Division 8
    Edenderry 2s, Trinity 4s, Terenure 5s, Stillorglin-Rathfarnham 2s, Parkmore 1s, Bective Rangers 4s, Athy 2s
    Division 9
    Co Carlow 3s, Newbridge 3s, Old Belvedere 5s, Gorey 3s, Ratoath 1s, Malahide 3s, Emerald Warriors 1s, BGF Ravens 1s
    Division 10
    Monkstown 3s, Normans 1s, Suttonians 3s, Railway Union 3s, Coolmine 4s, St Marys 6s, MU Barnhall 5s

Games to start in 2 and 3 weeks with top divisions starting earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

No Div 11?

Advertisement