Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018-2019 Champions Cup

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Saints can't catch a break, can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

errlloyd wrote: »
    Austin definitely ****ed that up. There are 3 clubs in the tier one basin, and 7 in the tier 2.

Edit: ah no, I'm wrong. Just looked weird on TV.

He'll definitely do something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

They should be pissed at HP Wild

They should be pissed and ERPC . It's perfectly ok for 4 Irish own teams to be in the H Cup but they weren't?

AJ MacGinty coming back to the Sportsground! How exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

At least Connacht wont be drawn with Bristol now.

• Advertisement

They should be pissed and ERPC . It's perfectly ok for 4 Irish own teams to be in the H Cup but they weren't?

Yes, because they're not owned by a private person who could leave or attempt to manipulate the sport for personal gain at any point in time.

I honestly can't imagine how anyone fails to grasp this concept. It's not a new rule.

Trip for the Connacht lads down to Bordeaux! Extremely exciting wines

• Registered Users Posts: 24,175 ✭✭✭✭Buer

AJ MacGinty coming back to the Sportsground! How exciting!

Are you BT's new hype man?

Timisoara to beat Clermont!

Clermonts C team could run away with that pool.

• Advertisement

Buer wrote: »
    Are you BT's new hype man?

Nothing new about it

Jackson back in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

molloyjh wrote: »
    Clermonts C team could run away with that pool.

That’s the team they’ll be putting out!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why do they make everything so complicated

Could easily just draw a ball out of each bowl and name that pool 1 and so on

Expecting Munster to get a hard group yet again. Hope we don't draw Racing or Leicester again

Haha a few Irish lads with palms on foreheads right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Paddy Jackson to make a quick return to Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Challenge Cup

453855.JPG

And now, for the interval, Austin will perform Riverdance.

Buer wrote: »
    And now, for the interval, Austin will perform Riverdance.

Healy v. O'Driscoll II is the undercard for the main draw I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Perpignan draw Connacht.

It was always going to happen wasn't it? :D

Tbh if he ends up first choice (likely) I doubt Jackson will be playing in Galway anyway. USAP won't get a stuff about the Challenge Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

The return of an international class out half to Ireland...

AJ Macginty :pac:

Yes, because they're not owned by a private person who could leave or attempt to manipulate the sport for personal gain at any point in time.

I honestly can't imagine how anyone fails to grasp this concept. It's not a new rule.

The IRFU could attempt to manipulate the sport if they where inclined yet we take them on faith.

The newest of the rule doesn't make a difference. I've been aware of it since some French lad wanted to buy Gloucester a few years back.

The IRFU could attempt to manipulate the sport if they where inclined yet we take them on faith.

The newest of the rule doesn't make a difference. I've been aware of it since some French lad wanted to buy Gloucester a few years back.

Nope, nothing to do with faith.

Perpignan draw Connacht.

It was always going to happen wasn't it? :D

Tbh if he ends up first choice (likely) I doubt Jackson will be playing in Galway anyway. USAP won't get a stuff about the Challenge Cup.

I'd say they'd rest him anyway simply to avoid the PR fuss. But it's still going to lead to a significant focus on the match in the build up until the team is announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'm surprised they don't use the Lotto style drum. Austin could easily put two balls into the pot and just know that one is on left or right when he reaches back in. Bit of a weird system.

Some interesting ties in the Challenge Cup, though there's only going to be one story focused on and that's Pool 3!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

I'd put fiver on Benneton winning their group handily.
    Nice trips to Perpignan and Bordeaux.

Nope, nothing to do with faith.

So what rules and regulations have the ERPC but into prevent tampering by the unions and secondly why can't the same be applied to the Germans?

Having seen the video and watched us lifting the trophy again, I am now pumped. Also, IBF may have contributed....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

get-on-with-it-gif-12.gif

• Advertisement

So what rules and regulations have the ERPC but into prevent tampering by the unions and secondly why can't the same be applied to the Germans?

The IRFU can't leave Europe, are shareholders, and are intrinsically linked to the wellbeing of the sport for their entire existence as an organisation. None of that applies to HP Wild.

Now why the Germans and not SF? That's a good question. But it had to be one or the other as soon as Wild went out to splash his cash on a French team.

Given the current state of German rugby, I doubt he really cares.

Advertisement