Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA thread - mod warning post #1 and #51

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

What changed? Subs? Injuries? That's some comeback alright

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Gavlor wrote: »
    No but I doubt that will be the only change to the 15 named on Friday

No changes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Amazing what a Waterford team can do when brick and Moran aren't in the half or full forward line!! Hopefully they keep up the work rate in the second half. Great to see the younger lads going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

garv123 wrote: »
    Amazing what a Waterford team can do when brick and Moran aren't in the half or full forward line!! Hopefully they keep up the work rate in the second half. Great to see the younger lads going well.

Spot on. All we wanted was to leave these fellas hurl. Brilliant performance so far. Not over by a long shot but definitely in the driving seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

I can't believe what I'm watching here, how have some of these lads not made the team before? With the lads we're missing, if we send out our actual strongest 15 to hurl with a full deck of forwards what might we be capable of? Hopefully it's a wake up call for management, this is brilliant stuff to watch too. Drive it on ta ****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Shocking from the ref, just as bad from Waterford. Bottled it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Gavlor wrote: »
    Shocking from the ref, just as bad from Waterford. Bottled it

You can't be saying that ye bottled it.

They were never gonna keep up with that relentless pace.

Decisions like that kill teams sometimes.

But the heads didn't drop.

You can't be saying that ye bottled it.

They were never gonna keep up with that relentless pace.

Decisions like that kill teams sometimes.

But the heads didn't drop.

Half forwards dropped to midfield and the full line dropped to the half line. Reverted to mean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭gifted

Ye got a point...obviously ye should have got two points....ye also got a fabulous performance...great hurling from wsterford

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Ye got robbed lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭cul beag

No score for 16 mins proved crucial but the so called possibles can be proud of their performance today. Terrible decision for the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

On the way home from the scene of a robbery. Absolutely disgraceful

So so close

great performance but we need to learn to put teams away and stop giving away stupid frees. It's going to be heartbreaking watching the game back

Really has lifted spirits. Am I right in saying we still have a chance going into the cork game ??

Next week will be one hell of a challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Nothing going our way this year. robbed blind today, seriously if we have hawkeye how cant we have video replay. A win would have kept up well in the hunt given all the draws in the championship but now its a massive ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Absolutely appalling officiating the last ten minutes. 4 wrong decisions, all against Waterford. Really looked like ref was making every effort to bring Tipp back into it.

Aside from the goal, those last 2 frees were ridiculous- the last one should’ve been a frree out for over carrying. Just before, up the pitch, Waterford player was blown out of a ruck by a blatant push in the back - no free given.

And why did he not at least consult with the umpires before over ruling umpire on the Tipp one the umpire waved wide?

Really shocking stuff.

(I’m a Cork fan btw).

Whole thing is hard to swallow.

At least there is a positive, we have some fairly decent hurlers if we go 15 v15

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Mulbert

That's it, I'm out. I can't have people, like the umpire today deciding my mood for a week or two. That was an absolute travesty and to be honest I could do without. **** all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

That was one of the worst decisions Ive ever seen to award that goal, how could he have given that as a goal, truly shocking

If we beat limerick and cork we could even make a Munster final depending on other results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Ropaire

Brutal refereeing really but we can't do much about it now. A lot of lads put their hands up today, Moran in the half back line for the brick next week and we go again. Brick to come off the bench when we're running out of steam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

puzl wrote: »
    If we beat limerick and cork we could even make a Munster final depending on other results.

Nearly be better to go through in third place I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

Absolutely sickened.

Positives....

Moran back next week! Maybe Maurice too.
    Limerick potentially missing Hannon Gillane and Richie English

puzl wrote: »

Really need a win next weekend over Limerick. A loss and were out bacisally ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Jjjjjjjbarry

Sickened. Don’t know whether I’m just disappointed we blew an 11 point (man up) lead or angry at the refereee for giving Tipp everything in the second half. The momentum swing of a goal is massive. I suppose we blew it ourselves but it was some effort. Hopefully we can get a win next weekend to give us a chance going into the last day.

Sickened. Don’t know whether I’m just disappointed we blew an 11 point (man up) lead or angry at the refereee for giving Tipp everything in the second half. The momentum swing of a goal is massive. I suppose we blew it ourselves but it was some effort. Hopefully we can get a win next weekend to give us a chance going into the last day.

It's going to be very tough next weekend, Limerick are the form team atm and playing in there own back garden too. I wonder will fatigue start to hit us now with us going out 3 weeks in a row. Bad thing for us is Cork have a week off before they face us on the 17th June

Hopefully a big Waterford crowd travels next weekend, lots of noise from the season ticket section today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭blue note

No home advantage to limerick next weekend. Tis a shared home venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭carter10

Very proud of the team today, super effort. bodes well for the future. Support really got behind the team as well

Beware the Sunday game footage is really irritating

• Advertisement

blue note wrote: »
    No home advantage to limerick next weekend. Tis a shared home venue.

Funny but this will actually be 100% true when cork play Waterford in thurles. The way the group is going it could end up being an almighty encounter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement