Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hitman 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Expansion Pass is 40 quid on the psn store. Quite a bit so if you want it before it's on sale. There is a free prologue too; don't ask me what that entails.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Expansion Pass is 40 quid on the psn store. Quite a bit so if you want it before it's on sale. There is a free prologue too; don't ask me what that entails.

I've got the prologue downloading, unlikely to be the case but I was curious to see if the legacy missions could be played through it without buying the full game. I'll report back if it works.

EDIT: When I looked at manage game on xbox it lets me install the legacy stuff with just the prologue installed, waiting for those to finish now. and you need to by he game to play them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Enfilade wrote: »
    I've got the prologue downloading, unlikely to be the case but I was curious to see if the legacy missions could be played through it without buying the full game. I'll report back if it works.

EDIT: When I looked at manage game on xbox it lets me install the legacy stuff with just the prologue installed, waiting for those to finish now. and you need to by he game to play them

I can play the legacy levels without owning Hitman 2

CatInABox wrote: »
    I can play the legacy levels without owning Hitman 2

Odd, it directed me to the store when I tried to start paris. I'll check again later.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Odd, it directed me to the store when I tried to start paris. I'll check again later.

Yeah, someone else said the same on the Xbox forum, but reddit is full of people saying they can play. Not sure what's going on. I played through the prologue missions while the rest were downloading, then I answered that I wanted to "play from the beginning".

I've played on Paris and Spain so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

zero day crack https://crackwatch.com/game/hitman-tm-2

Demo on steam enables you to review. I can't get it to work since they dropped linux support.

• Administrators Posts: 53,335 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I downloaded the prologue cause it's free to see how good this is, but didn't realise the prologue is the exact same training mission as the last game.

I was watching the cut scenes and when it all started sounding familiar I wondered if I'd accidentally installed the old game instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just killed Sean Bean, and feel a little guilty. :(

humanji wrote: »

Oh he's actually in it? I just thought it was a promo thing he did for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

humanji wrote: »

Thoughts so far? I'm mad to play it but gonna wait for a sale/RDR 2 to finish up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Thoughts so far? I'm mad to play it but gonna wait for a sale/RDR 2 to finish up.

I'm loving it. It pretty much is more of the same, but that's what I was looking for. It's pretty easy, though. The focus is more on trying to find every secret in each level, rather than trial and error in order to complete a single kill.

If you didn't feel the urge to run out and buy it immediately, then you might be better off playing what you have and/or waiting for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

On sale already. Great game though.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Its interesting that you have to download all the locations individually.

They must have set this up to be episodic like the previous game but then decided on a full release in a short time frame.

Its interesting that you have to download all the locations individually.

They must have set this up to be episodic like the previous game but then decided on a full release in a short time frame.

It's practically an expansion of Hitman Season 1, they probably couldn't afford to change how the engine was set up for the this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Unlikely it was anything to do with being able to afford it. They probably just didn't bother to change it because why fix what isn't broken? Also compartmentalising it allows for it work with Season 1 and they can release levels later separately as some kind of promotional thing perhaps, like other games do free weekends, or outright give a level away for a holiday or something. Overall there's just no reason to change it.

Still not buying until it gets the linux support that the original had, though. And for them to do away with Denuvo for the second time.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Unlikely it was anything to do with being able to afford it. They probably just didn't bother to change it because why fix what isn't broken? Also compartmentalising it allows for it work with Season 1 and they can release levels later separately as some kind of promotional thing perhaps, like other games do free weekends, or outright give a level away for a holiday or something. Overall there's just no reason to change it.

Still not buying until it gets the linux support that the original had, though. And for them to do away with Denuvo for the second time.

Surely if its released on Linux it won't have Denuvo anyway.

Personally Denuvo has never bothered me in a game. But each to their own.

As it stands I'm enjoying the game, its basically season 2, the same game with some very small additions but I really liked the first game so I'm happy with it, but from a PC perspective its disappointing that it lacks the graphics options the first game had. Some of the larger levels seem heavily CPU bound and that's why the lack of DX12 support is so disappointing. I do recall Hitman 2016 having issues for a while after release but the support the game received was very good in the long run and it was whipped into good shape. Hopefully its the same this time around, but you never know, their publisher Warner don't have a great track record on PC. The main issue I have is the game is prone to crashing when loading, although once you get in game its not too bad.

Anyway this is gas.

Greatest game ever.

Hitman 2 on sale today in Argos for 26 fecking quid. None in stock but you can reserve to collect from tomorrow to saturday. Jumped on that, can't wait to give it a shot!

Edit: They actually have copies left in some stores. I have a Limerick Crescent resrvation if anyone wants it (if they sell out in the mean time).

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8555409/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+games%7C37328632.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hitman 2 on sale today in Argos for 26 fecking quid. None in stock but you can reserve to collect from tomorrow to saturday. Jumped on that, can't wait to give it a shot!

Edit: They actually have copies left in some stores. I have a Limerick Crescent resrvation if anyone wants it (if they sell out in the mean time).

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8555409/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+games%7C37328632.htm

Just pacify your wan at the till when security isn't looking. Place her in the bin behind the tills, grab the game and walk out.

Worked for me. Bonus points for suit only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I would gladly take the crescent res code, if you still have it, please! :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I would gladly take the crescent res code, if you still have it, please! :)

Code sent, goodluck Agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Ash1920

I would like to try that out

17gb update, Jaysus.

17gb update, Jaysus.

Likely the bonus season 1 content if you've played that ?

Likely the bonus season 1 content if you've played that ?

Wait, is that what people were taking about? I get to play the bonus content from season 1 as in Patient Zero? I was mad to play it but didn't want to pay 20 quid. So I get that and hitman 2 for 26 quid?

Wait, is that what people were taking about? I get to play the bonus content from season 1 as in Patient Zero? I was mad to play it but didn't want to pay 20 quid. So I get that and hitman 2 for 26 quid?

Yup, if you played season one you get that content in Season 2.

Yup, if you played season one you get that content in Season 2.

Awesome!!!

Finally getting time to sit down and play this. I don't have patient zero, have to upgrade to the GOTY legacy pack for a tenner, nah. Now to get stuck into murdering people, pity I just missed Sean Bean.

Played through the opening beach house mission and found it tense enough. Made a complete balls of it though and had to leg it to the exit. Then, as I suspected, I just went straight onto the next mission instead of replaying to get a proper kill. Headed to Miami and killed one of the targets before calling it a night. Followed a 'story mission' which was way too easy. I must look at the settings to turn them down. I liked in the last game where an opportunity would pop of you overheard something and then have you a vague idea about what to do next. This put markers on the map and told me where to go and what to do.

I think I'll just get through each of the missions and see how I feel about replaying them. The timed episodes worked so much better imo.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Yes the story missions when enabled are too hand holdy. I suggest turning them off and seeing if you can discover them naturally by yourself during your first couple of runs through a mission.

I have gone through all 6 missions now, but I didn't move onto the next mission until I reached max mastery of each mission.
    The episodic nature of the first mission forced you to replay the missions while in Hitman 2 you have to exercise self restraint.

I really get the game, like Hitman 2016 they really have nailed what Hitman is about, its essentially a puzzle game where you have multiple targets on a large map and your given free agency to take them out however you want. I like going back and finding new ways of completing the missions and exploring every nook and cranny as well as engaging in some of the more difficult challenges. Currently going do all the classic kill challenges on each map on Professional difficult and then going to repeat it on master difficulty. But I bet a lot of people won't be like that, they will just go through the missions once and be done with the game and probably feeling really short changed for what they got out of it.

From what I read so far online, the game isn't performing great commercially. But the design of the game means it will never have mass market appeal. I'm fine with people not getting the game and not buying it, just sad there probably won't be more games in the series like it and the developers may decide to take the game down a more mainstream avenue in the future like they did with say Absolution, that's to say if the developers survive in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I think I'll just get through each of the missions and see how I feel about replaying them. The timed episodes worked so much better imo.

I haven't got to Hitman 2 yet but I really came to love the episodic format in 1, shame they stopped it.

Advertisement