Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Glastonbury 2019

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Sharon Van etten and Lizzo both killed it IMO. Janet Jackson I enjoyed.

I find Liam Gallaghers voice like nails on a chalkboard. I only know the 2 most popular Lewis Capaldi songs but I like them better than anything Oasis ever did I just never got them.

And The Killers are a dissapointingly predictable headliner they hold no interest for me just seem like the most corporate rock band ever. Mr Brightside is so played out when will it ever go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Killers are two members short, although still in the group officially. That's a joke. At least Flowers is on top form

I think he sounds sh!t€.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I think he sounds sh!t€.

Wow. My ears are betraying me

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

Wow. My ears are betraying me

They are. Its awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Chemical Brothers FTW tonight. Serious pros who know how to get a crowd going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

Looking forward to the Chemical Brothers, they were great in 2015.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Sharon Van etten and Lizzo both killed it IMO. Janet Jackson I enjoyed.

I find Liam Gallaghers voice like nails on a chalkboard. I only know the 2 most popular Lewis Capaldi songs but I like them better than anything Oasis ever did I just never got them.

And The Killers are a dissapointingly predictable headliner they hold no interest for me just seem like the most corporate rock band ever. Mr Brightside is so played out when will it ever go away.

things like lizzo make me realise I've completely lost touch. I have 1000's of albums on my mac , and spotify but never ever heard of her. Im only 34. am i washed up already?

Killers are two members short, although still in the group officially. That's a joke. At least Flowers is on top form

their headline set in 2007 was better than this, and they have released nothing good since then anyway if people are truly honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The Killers are a glorified wedding band.

Chemical bros in a while will be good, though the new album hasnt grabbed me at all, their weakest since We Are the Night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

What time for chemical bros?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

When are chems on

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

When are chems on

22:15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I think he sounds sh!t€.

Think he’s starting to sound better as the set goes on, all building up to an encore of Brightside

10.15 on the timetable, probably be 5-10 minutes late.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Rfrip

On now!

The drummer for the killers looks like Mac from Always Sunny the season he got fat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'd never heard of Lizzo before. Was a bit taken aback at the outfit but really enjoyed the couple of songs they showed from her. Great performance. I thought Mark Ronson with Yebba was very good too.

I liked the Killers back in the day. I think they do a good show but they're a bit bland these days - nothing new at all. I enjoyed the bit I saw of Liam Gallagher - I think he sounds like he always did.

Looking forward to the Chemical Brothers now, but really The Cure is the only act that actually excites me this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Flowers looks like a young Danny Houston hamming it up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

BadTurtle wrote: »
    The drummer for the killers looks like Mac from Always Sunny the season he got fat.

Fat Mac was the best Mac!

The Chemical Brothers graphics are great, but musically its noise. I'm too old for it anyway

• Advertisement

The brothers are defiantly working it out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Loving Flowers and Chemical brothers.

Both just firing out the hits!!

Thing I don't like about Chemical Brother is....what are they playing live? They could just have a tape playing. Similar to Fatboy Slim in that regard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Oops. Wrong song title there on BBC.

the killers were a band i loved in 2004 and a band my mother loves now.............

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Chemical Brothers putting on a quality set. Lights are amazing!

nc6000 wrote: »
    Oops. Wrong song title there on BBC.

They've done that a fair bit today

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tjc28

having been to glasto numerous times i always do be raging watching on telly but im feckin bulling im not at this chemical brothers gig. A1 Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Chemical Brothers absolutely killing it.

Speaking of Killers, how'd they make it to Glastonbury? Awful band.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I don't suppose there will be any coverage of the sleaford mods' set?

Advertisement