Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tears for fears 3 Arena, May 2nd 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

God I hate the bus

I imagine Moyet will do 'only you' and 'situation' but she will get a short enough set I imagine if TFF are coming on at 8.30 and shes on at 7.30

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    God I hate the bus

I imagine Moyet will do 'only you' and 'situation' but she will get a short enough set I imagine if TFF are coming on at 8.30 and shes on at 7.30

If you look at some of her shorter (9/10 song) setlists, she usually covers 4/5 Yazoo songs.

If you look at some of her shorter (9/10 song) setlists, she usually covers 4/5 Yazoo songs.

Cool

It's a pity 3arena doesn't do hot food as I'm about 40 mins away from bus aras and don't want to eat in somewhere as I may get caught in a crowd and won't make it in time for the start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Acosta

I was all up for going to go to Killarney, especially as there's only a good gig on in that place about once a decade, but it being all seated put me off.

Cool

It's a pity 3arena doesn't do hot food as I'm about 40 mins away from bus aras and don't want to eat in somewhere as I may get caught in a crowd and won't make it in time for the start

If you stroll by Rockets on the quays ten mins out from the venue, it's more or less fast food there!

• Advertisement

If you stroll by Rockets on the quays ten mins out from the venue, it's more or less fast food there!

All good got rip off Nachos and hot dog in arena

The merch is a load of ****e here

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

So is the official merchandise.... Unreal prices

Crackin' set from Alison Moyet

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭tamara25

Yes enjoyed her, loved all cried out & love resurrection!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭tamara25

It’s packed here, don’t see too many empty seats

• Advertisement

tamara25 wrote: »
    It’s packed here, don’t see too many empty seats

Only at the very very back there's two pockets of about 100 seats each in the gods, otherwise jammed alright!
    Great stuff!

Crackin' set from Alison Moyet

Disappointed no 'situation' but grand set overall. Loved 'Only you'

Are the pints of Heino full ones ??. 0,4l on the pint glass. €6.5 a pop not cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Packed to the rafters here.

I came out of FOMO as I'm a vintage synth nut, bought ticket yesterday.

Had no idea they were this popular!

Doing an incredible "Creep" now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭fafy

Very enjoyable gig at 3Arena, fairly similar to Killarney, and Woman In Chains added, plus maybe 1 more.

For me, standout track was Madmans World, which was outstanding,

Delighted they played WIC also. The backing singer wasn’t bad, just not an Oleta Adams.

I’d say it was more than 90% full, the upper extreme right and left sections were nearly empty,, but everywhere else was packed.

Great gig

Very good crowd, loved the hits not much crowd interaction but doesn't matter much

Mad world, women in chains and shout the standouts for me. So happy I went thanks ozzy lol

Moyet was pretty good too although i wasn't familer with some of her stuff. Hearing only you in person was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

fafy wrote: »
    For me, standout track was Madmans World, which was outstanding.

I'm not sure if you mean Mad World or Bad Man's Song.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,425 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Any interaction between Curt and Roland? Did they play Mothers Talk?

I'm not sure if you mean Mad World or Bad Man's Song.

Ya got me, Bad Mans Song, went on for about 8 minutes, brilliant

Yeah. It was great in Killarney too. One of the highlights. Glad that tonight seems to have been a triumph.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

Cracking gig from TFF and fantastic support from Alison Moyet, sound was perfect and the setlist was great. My first time seeing TFF live and they were brilliant, I did see Alison Moyet in the National Stadium in 1986.

32002210657_1ce0ed961a_z.jpg

46218641084_855a1fea40_z.jpg

46218642124_8b1e55b33e_z.jpg

46943192611_aaf2fde3ee_z.jpg

46943191981_ef03d2cb7f_z.jpg

46218644004_13fb4f8d80_z.jpg

46218646414_4787a45157_z.jpg

32002213417_6f837da516_z.jpg

46218639094_b16a20ce88_z.jpg

46218645074_3fcb633b45_z.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Agree fantastic all around

No they didn't play mother's talk or working hour two great songs

They did play head over heels and broken both brilliant. The band were great. The drumming on falling down was unreal.

Alison was brilliant and enjoyed her time in stage and enjoyed her set

Only issue and it bit of a big one is that it was 55 minutes before TFF took to stage after Alison had finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Pretty goddamn great. From where I was standing I thought Roland had let himself go gray gracefully, but by those excellent photos above I can see he just had it tied up.

Badman's Song was so good though, holy smokes. And Advice for the young at heart too. Never seen a more friendly crowd either. Singing full blast to Seeds with randomers was worth every penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Aye, it was the whole beginning of the Seeds album complete with HOT JAZZ!

Great stuff

Tbh it would of been a bit of a balls of a show if the rumours about Curt not being on the tour we're true

The girl on Women on Chains was good voice wise (way way too far to get a good look ha) but I thought they would get Moyet out to do it she would of killed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Fooking awesome gig.

Tbh it would of been a bit of a balls of a show if the rumours about Curt not being on the tour we're true

The girl on Women on Chains was good voice wise (way way too far to get a good look ha) but I thought they would get Moyet out to do it she would of killed it

Spot on, they are both equally vital to TFF. It just would not work without both of them present.

The backing singer vocal volume was a little low, but a good effort, from what incould hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Any interaction between Curt and Roland? Did they play Mothers Talk?

No unfortunately. Would have been great. Rest of the show was excellent though. My highlight was Sowing The Seeds, but all songs were very well done. Curt spoke more than Roly. Roly was unusually dismissive of the hits

Ally Dick wrote: »
    No unfortunately. Would have been great. Rest of the show was excellent though. My highlight was Sowing The Seeds, but all songs were very well done. Curt spoke more than Roly. Roly was unusually dismissive of the hits

Didn't Rolands wife pass away a few years ago ?? Possibly doesn't have the heart for it anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Brilliant gig was reluctant to go due to weather conditions but it worked out in the end. Sound was superb throughout, but drumming was exceptional during bad mans song which was extended, I actually stood up at the end it was that good, jazzy breaks, blues cords, and sultry backing vocals could listen all night. As others have said, a really nice crowd if a bit muted, and no problem with that, I wasn't expecting mosh pits.

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Curt spoke more than Roly.

They must take turns, because Roland spoke more in Killarney. :)

Advertisement