Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI Grant query - Married but not tax joined

• 31-08-2017 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭

Hi there,

Forgive my ignorance in regards this issue, basically I have an 18yr old, her mother has not being in her life for years, and she is offered degree place. And we wish to apply to susi. Just 2 year ago I got married but my SO and myself never joined our taxes. And we're wondering could I apply for the grant just giving my income details.

Things are tight so any assistance from the grant would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

Your daughter should only supply her details and yours on the Susi application.

Your daughter may be asked for documentation, your marriage cert and your daughters birth cert to show that your wife is not your daughters mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 leb6257

Hi I’m In the same boat so really interested to know did you receive grant in the end? I have an 18yr old girl estranged from her father living with me and my now husband of three years will be applying for grant for next year for college and wondering does my husbands income need to be declared as he is not her father, her father is in receipt of social welfare payments only so do I just put him on and nothing about my husband? Any info greatly appreciated tia

Advertisement