Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing different video files together?

• 21-05-2017 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭

here is my problem.

I have a number of differrent video files, some are 720 others are 1040 etc, and one of them is 30 fps, you get the idea.

I'm wondering if there is any program that can edit and render them together ?

I have tried pinnacle studio, it showed them perfect on review but they were out of sync once rendered..

I'm happy to change programs to make it easier :)

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Convert them all to the same format with mpeg streamclip and away you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TheImp34

sunny2004 wrote: »
    here is my problem.

I have a number of differrent video files, some are 720 others are 1040 etc, and one of them is 30 fps, you get the idea.

I'm wondering if there is any program that can edit and render them together ?

I have tried pinnacle studio, it showed them perfect on review but they were out of sync once rendered..

I'm happy to change programs to make it easier :)

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks.

If I was you I'd download Sony Vegas and use that instead, the 30fps video will end up being a lot lower quality depending on how it was shot than the rest of your footage, but when you open a new project on sony vegas you select everything first, your project settings and quality and so on, and add your files into the timeline

If you only have a couple of clips at 1040/1080ect, then I'd render them separately down to the most common resolution type,
    720 for example, which is quite easy to do in sony vegas.

You highlight the video start and end, click "loop"
    go to " file " and " render "
    then go to "preferences " and then " video " and adjust how you want it to look, downscale from 1080 to 720 or whatever that may be,
    then scroll down and click " render loop region only " and you'll be left with a 1080 video in 720 when its finished.

All in all, I think its just a better program thats simple to adjust project settings and with a bit of time learning it, you'll be able to do anything you mentioned above, hope this helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 adamkeane1

Hey, i know you can edit and render files of different pixel sizes (eg 1280x720 & 1920x1080) in the same sequence in Adobe Premiere Pro. You set your sequence settings to the size you want your finished video (eg 1280x720) and then there's an option to scale any bigger or smaller videos to fit the pixel size of your sequence.

As far as frame rate differences go, it is probably best to have all your frame rates the same before you bring them into your video editor. As has been said, a free converter program will allow you to do this (eg Any Video Converter). There may be a more efficient way, but this is how i have solved this problem myself in the past.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

I was hoping to simply drag all the files with different frame rates on the timeline of any editor and then render.

It's a bit annoying to have to use an external converter first.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 impop

Hey, I agree with adamkeane1 in re of sizing. As per the video rate, there's an option in Premiere called "Interpret footage" that allows you to tell Premiere what frame rate it should be using instead of the source one. Have a look here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otOrwnxWTNw

Miquel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

+1 for Premiere Pro

Define the sequence settings, make sure you have the 'scale to frame size' set. Interpret footage and you drag the files onto the timeline, edit and export.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

I haven't tried it with quite such a mix of different source material, but Lightworks ( www.lwks.com ) seems to be pretty good at handling most inputs without any need to pre-process.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Gastarbeiter

+1 for Premiere Pro

Advertisement