Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MLB 2017 Regular Season Thread

• 01-04-2017 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

With the season starting tomorrow, here's a new thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭paulelectronica

Looking forward to the new season and MLB TV is free today and tomorrow .

Im so happy!

Tanaka having a tough time in the 1st here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Jsmac67

Im so happy!

Tanaka having a tough time in the 1st here

Very tough. Just as i was typing he'd be happy to get outta there with just the one run

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Chris archer took a fair shot to the shin in the first. I thought he was in trouble there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Tanaka done bottom of the 3rd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Blue Jays have released Upton Jr after trying to trade him. Surprising move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Bumgarner in postseason form on opening day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A couple of exciting 9th innings last night by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,914 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Pins and needles here till around 6.. Let's Go, Mets! Wearing my ratty Dwight Gooden shirt and my cap day cap from 2010.

Glad to see Tanaka get knocked around heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭BigFatGiant

Giants blow a save on opening day. Picking up right where we left off last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Some interesting match ups today. I think the Pirates could give the Red Sox plenty of trouble today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

myself and a few friends are going to go watch some action this evening in the square ball around 6pm (near Holles street in Dublin).
    anyone with an interest is welcome to come along.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

myself and a few friends are going to go watch some action this evening in the square ball around 6pm (near Holles street in Dublin).
    anyone with an interest is welcome to come along.

Never heard of the place, they play MLB regularly?

8-10 wrote: »
    Never heard of the place, they play MLB regularly?

Good place for the NFL as well I think, so maybe its an American sports type of place!

Won't be tonight but definitely interested in going for a few beers to watch baseball - haven't ever done that in Ireland!

RA Dickey and Bartolo Colon both getting a good reception at Citi Field , not long now until 1st pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

syndegaard off to great start for the mets

Great game by Syndergaard throwing 7 strike outs in 6 innings and just giving up 5 hits and 0 runs , Hansel Robles on now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Also saw my first intentional walk under the new rules last night during Cubs-Carindals. I didn't like it at all.

Ive yet to see the intentional walk rule yet , I think that MLB could have found better ways to shorten game time as intentional walks is not something that happens every game.

• Advertisement

Solid win for the Red Sox. Low scoring but really enjoyed the game. Watching Sandoval hustle down the base line for a hit was terrific, and was instrumental to the win in the end!

Also learned that Gerrit Cole recently married Brandon Crawford's sister

Anyone watching Baltimore/Toronto? Kevin Pillar on successive pitches lost grip on the bat and the bats ended up in the stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,914 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Anyone watching Baltimore/Toronto? Kevin Pillar on successive pitches lost grip on the bat and the bats ended up in the stands.

They need Luis Guillorme!
    https://youtu.be/_WUFke54g7k?t=12

Trea, Eaton, Bryce and Murphy .. love that order.

Solid outing by Strasbourg. Hitting was solid too and the bullpen shut it down well.

Looking forward to the season as always :)

Looking forward to the season as always :)

Until it rips your heart out which it enevitably always does. Well it does for me anyway!

Until it rips your heart out which it enevitably always does. Well it does for me anyway!
    Yeah but at least you occasionally win.

We never win. Not even 1 round ... its soul destroying ... but maybe this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

Yeah but at least you occasionally win.

We never win. Not even 1 round ... its soul destroying ... but maybe this year!

Spare a thought for the friars fans!!! A nice little 14-3 tune up from Kershaw and co. It's gonna be a long long year.

Nice start from the Dodgers. So rare that a Dodgers game is on at an accessible time, so enjoyed listening to that last night. Like the look of the team this year. Fear we'll have another injury ravaged season though

bazwraf wrote: »
    Nice start from the Dodgers. So rare that a Dodgers game is on at an accessible time, so enjoyed listening to that last night. Like the look of the team this year. Fear we'll have another injury ravaged season though

Especially one between 2 west coast teams! I saw some of it, think it's going to be a tough division this year. My bold prediction is that the Padres won't be last this time - I think they'll surprise people this season. Off to a bad start alright but there's a lot of talent in that lineup

• Advertisement

Doogs27 wrote: »
    Spare a thought for the friars fans!!! A nice little 14-3 tune up from Kershaw and co. It's gonna be a long long year.

Kershaw's earning more this year than the 25 on yesterday's Padres roster combined

Advertisement