Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTICE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Dr Ice wrote: »
    Also does anyone know where the exam timetable is? I know someone posted the dates up here a few days ago but I can't find a link to it on the site.

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/...-March2017.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Angela21

Hey does any have reasonably up to date grids they could send me? I am doing EU, Constitutional, Property and Company. ? I am willing to Trade notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

cup of tea wrote: »
    Anyone know what came up in equity last sitting?

I'll check the exam paper when I get a chance but off the top of my head:

- Injunctions (think it was Quia timet but I didn't answer that question so could be wrong)
    - Proprietary estoppel
    - Specific performance (it was a question on how the courts deal with SP of contracts to build or repair / personal services, one or the other)
    - Undue influence
    - Charitable trusts
    - I think rectification was on it

I can't remember the rest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Peekaboodles

Hi guys,

I'm new to this thread and Fe1 study in general as I am preparing to sit my first set of exams in March,if there is anywhere I should be looking for general information in this thread about guides for studying/ tips etc please let me know.

I have just returned from working in the States and am going to be treating studying for these exams like a full time job for the first lot of them, before working full time after that.
    I was wondering what exams and how many of them you would recommend sitting seeing as I have a couple of months to study for these first ones, whilst I will be more than likely working full time for the second lot?

I am looking to sit at least four, possibly five, I am not hugely competent or confident in exam settings and have a tendency to choke sometimes so do not want to push myself too hard.
    Thanks so much, sorry if I am asking the same question as every other person!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Hi guys,

I'm new to this thread and Fe1 study in general as I am preparing to sit my first set of exams in March,if there is anywhere I should be looking for general information in this thread about guides for studying/ tips etc please let me know.

I have just returned from working in the States and am going to be treating studying for these exams like a full time job for the first lot of them, before working full time after that.
    I was wondering what exams and how many of them you would recommend sitting seeing as I have a couple of months to study for these first ones, whilst I will be more than likely working full time for the second lot?

I am looking to sit at least four, possibly five, I am not hugely competent or confident in exam settings and have a tendency to choke sometimes so do not want to push myself too hard.

I would say go for 5 or 6! The timetable for March is great, alot of breaks between some of the exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Yoop

Hi guys,

I think 5 should be doable, especially with how the timetable is this time. If you're planning on getting these done in two sittings I would recommend taking either EU, Tort or Constitutional done as one of your first ones as these have more to cover than the other five and can be more technical/complex than the others as well so it's nice not to have them all to do together.

If you're a bit nervous about your first sitting though, I think Criminal, Equity and Property are probably the nicer ones to do, with either Company or Contract as a fourth and/or fifth.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 HazNdan

Hey does anyone have an exam grid for EU and Constitutional?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 letmcg

Could anyone send me an exam grid for EU and Property?

Hi guys,

I would recommend four for the first sitting. There is a lot of material to cover in even the shorter subjects and you need to take the time to get familiar with the format of these exams. once you sit them the first time you know what to expect and will be able to get through the work much easier in your second set.

In relation to subject choices, the smaller subjects are better to take first time around as it is important that you get your first three.Criminal is a good one to take and the examiner reports are excellent for this subject. He basically lays out the answers he wants. You can get them from the law society.

I would also say avoid skipping topic where possible. It could leave you short a question to answer and mean the difference between a pass and a fail.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ally1234

Hi,please could someone tell me what topics appeared in the last sitting of property. Thank you.

• Advertisement

ally1234 wrote: »
    Hi,please could someone tell me what topics appeared in the last sitting of property. Thank you.

2 succession questions, one problem and one essay
    Adverse possession essay
    Easements
    Mortgages
    Treasure trove
    Co-ownership
    Can't remember the 8th question, think it was three parts and you chose two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 clare2015

Hi all would anyone have recent exam grids for eu and property please?☺

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Snakeydoogey

STUPID QUESTION ALERT!!!!!!!!
    Is Ruth Cannons "Land Law" Book the best Nutshell to prepare for the Property exam? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

Can someone please tell me if a person still only has five years to get a training contract after completion of the FE1s?

detective wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me if a person still only has five years to get a training contract after completion of the FE1s?

Yep; five years from the 31st December of the year you pass your last exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

Yoop wrote: »

Is there a limit on how long you have to pass the exams? I passed my first three in March 2014. After taking a bit of break I now have two exams remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

Yoop wrote: »

So technically once you start your first exams you have ten years to get a training course? As in you have five years to sit all your exams after your first three exams plus five years to get your training course after your last exam?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is there a limit on how long you have to pass the exams? I passed my first three in March 2014. After taking a bit of break I now have two exams remaining.

Five years as well - https://www.lawsociety.ie/Documents/education/FE-1/fe1rules.pdf

detective wrote: »
    So technically once you start your first exams you have ten years to get a training course? As in you have five years to sit all your exams after your first three exams plus five years to get your training course after your last exam?

Yep. Hopefully it won't take us that long though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Bayb12

Anyone who has got all 8 would you recommend doing company constitutional criminal or tort EU and criminal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Flamingo125

Could anybody send me an exam grid for contract by any chance please?

Hey.

Anyone know what they are covering for propery? Was thinking of skipping the settled land acts topic? Any advice on topics that can be cut

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

If you want to pass cut as few topics as possible

I studied all the course and it allowed me to pass easily by avoiding all the tricky essay questions. I just did the problem questions as I could identify the cases easily.

If you want to pass cut as few topics as possible

I studied all the course and it allowed me to pass easily by avoiding all the tricky essay questions. I just did the problem questions as I could identify the cases easily.

Ya i did that in my first set and got three but i failed contract so i have to do 5 in march. I am worried i wont be able to cover or remember everything. Had around 5 months study/prep the last time around and still struggled tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

How many people on here who failed Contract are considering getting a recheck?

smeal wrote: »
    How many people on here who failed Contract are considering getting a recheck?

I am getting my re checked. Thinl i would just regret it if i didnt. But tbf i am not hopeful it will change the result

Are people having equity rechecked?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 irishasj

Hi All,

Well done to all those who passed and to those who didn't, keep on trying! It'll be worth it in the end.

Does anyone have grids for Constitutional, Company and Property. Can exchange Tort, Contract and Equity.

Hey can anyone recommend courses for Company Eu and Constitutional. I have heard that city are good for Eu and Constitutional is that still the case?

• Advertisement

Hi all

Can anyone recommend courses for Company Constitutional and EU. Heard City are best for EU and Constitutional. Is that still the case?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement