Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

really enjoyed the first one...so would love to see a sequel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Have the aul PS3 for the week might just fire up this after reading the thread never really got into it when it was released :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Was probably my favourite game from last gen, hopefully this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I'd rather a Christmas '16 release.. com'on Rockstar

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I loved Red Dead more than GTA IV at the time it came out - I'll honestly never forget it...

Standout moment of Xbox 360 gaming (for me) was when you were going into Mexico, the horizon and the scenery starts slowly changing and José Gonzalez gets a rinse out...

I'm a big fan of the little Swedish runt and I didn't even know he was on the soundtrack, goosebumps :

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

flug it, I think I'm going to have to dig out my 360 and play RDR again, THANKS OBAMA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Fieldog wrote: »
    I loved Red Dead more than GTA IV at the time it came out - I'll honestly never forget it...

Standout moment of Xbox 360 gaming (for me) was when you were going into Mexico, the horizon and the scenery starts slowly changing and José Gonzalez gets a rinse out...

I'm a big fan of the little Swedish runt and I didn't even know he was on the soundtrack, goosebumps :

For me, definitely one of the best gaming moments in recent memory. Lovely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I got attacked by wolves who knocked me off my horse which stopped the music and ruined it for me :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

one of my favourites from the 360 era. sold it for some reason, but when it looked recently like it was going to go backwards compatible i bought it again to replay, and now very disappointed it didn't. be great to see either BC or a new version

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Fieldog wrote: »

Probable the Standout moment of That Gen altogether.. a Stunning moment..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I paused the game on the part where you head over to mexico. The song was just kicking in, I paused the game, when I unpaused it the song was gone. I'd heard it was meant to be a class moment in gaming history. It all rather passed me by. :(:(

Brilliant game though. Probably my favourite ever. Would love a follow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Im gonna say that they'll announce Red Dead 2 at E3 for a 2017 release and Remastered Red Dead gets a release before the end of the year..

Red Dead Redemption is the only game I ever bought twice. No idea why I traded it in the first time like an idiot.

If they release a remastered edition, I'll be buying that too!

Red Dead Redemption is the only game I ever bought twice. No idea why I traded it in the first time like an idiot.

If they release a remastered edition, I'll be buying that too!

Seriously thinking of picking up a cheap ps3 so i can play it again,also i really want to play Max Payne 3 and a remaster of that seem highly unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Seriously thinking of picking up a cheap ps3 so i can play it again,also i really want to play Max Payne 3 and a remaster of that seem highly unlikely.
    Get a PC and you'll be able to play a remastered edition of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I played it first in October 2010 and then again at the end of last year. It still holds up beautifully.

The Hype Train has well and truly left the station,even if the above is a fake,it is certainly stirring up more interest before E3 and rockstar love that ****..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks fake .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's probably the new Mafia game map.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Some combined the leaked map to the one in the 1st game. Also, the is a little city in the south east of the map showing New Bordeaux and that is the main city in Mafia 3.

jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

It's probably the new Mafia game map.

Yep, maybe Mafia III map. The name of the town/city at the bottom right is called New Bordeaux. However, there is "Tall Trees" at the bottom left. Maybe a nod to RDR or coincidence.

Most likely a fake though.

Yep, maybe Mafia III map. The name of the town/city at the bottom right is called New Bordeaux. However, there is "Tall Trees" at the bottom left. Maybe a nod to RDR or coincidence.

Most likely a fake though.

It's hardly the Mafia III map, R* and 2K are both own by the same company and 2K helped R* with GTA V so it's probably like some sort of Easter egg to Mafia III

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I know yeah. I'm a big fan of Rockstar ;)

But I did say maybe as in we have no evidence. And I did say it's most likely fake ;)

Looking at it again, it does look very RDRish. You could be right, it could be a nod to Mafia III almost like it's in the same place and universe but a 100 years apart.

I know yeah. I'm a big fan of Rockstar ;)

But I did say maybe as in we have no evidence. And I did say it's most likely fake ;)

Looking at it again, it does look very RDRish. You could be right, it could be a nod to Mafia III almost like it's in the same place and universe but a 100 years apart.

Yeah I know sure how many "real" GTA V maps leaked before it came out :pac: ,
    but it's definitely a RD map fake or not, I doubt Mafia would have a map spread out like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Rockstar need to get their finger out.

From gta 4, RDR, LA Noire, Max Payne 3, and GTA 5 over a 5 year period on PS3 to only GTA 5 remastered on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

All but RDR are on PC. So it's the only one that needs a 'remaster'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Unearthly wrote: »
    Rockstar need to get their finger out.

From gta 4, RDR, LA Noire, Max Payne 3, and GTA 5 over a 5 year period on PS3 to only GTA 5 remastered on PS4.

I get what you're saying, but you're basing all of that on release dates, not production timelines. Work on GTA 4 began in 2004. GTA 5 was released almost 10 years later.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

All but RDR are on PC. So it's the only one that needs a 'remaster'.

All the PC titles already have the high quality assets available and so should be an easy port.
    But I don't think the demand is there, any more than there's a demand for a GTAIV port.

Let's see a new RDR instead of a port of a game that suits it's console original perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Red Dead Redemption was probably my favourite ever game. The single campaign was epic. So much depth. Then... The Multiplayer. God it was good. There was a real learning curve and skill really counted: the aiming system was terrific.

So.. I thought RDR2 might have been revealed at E3. What a dissapointment. That was the only thing I was looking out for.

So.. I thought I might get the original from the storenon my PS4, but is not ported? Argh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

J Mysterio wrote: »
    So.. I thought I might get the original from the storenon my PS4, but is not ported? Argh.

Correct

Advertisement