Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leonard Cohen - Female Vocals

Options
  • 06-11-2014 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Does anyone know the name of the female who does the vocals here, absolutely hypnotic.

Nothing found from extensive googling.

http://youtu.be/Wo0C1_wb8yA

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Charlean Carmon according to discogs.com

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Charlean Carmon and Dana Glover are the female backing singers on this album. I think Len sounds like Tom Waits on this track (this is a Good Thing).

He's always had great female backing vocalists, check out Sharon Robinson's solo version of Alexandra Leaving for proof of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭cack_handed

blastman wrote: »
    Charlean Carmon and Dana Glover are the female backing singers on this album. I think Len sounds like Tom Waits on this track (this is a Good Thing).

He's always had great female backing vocalists, check out Sharon Robinson's solo version of Alexandra Leaving for proof of this.

I've been a fan of Leonard since I'm Your Man and loving him more the deeper and raspier his voice gets. And you're very right about the female backing vocalists, they have always been a wonderful counterpoint to his heavy baritone delivery. That said, I recall buying Anjani's solo album when it came out a few years ago and being hugely disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭1867IE

Agreed, very Waits-esque.

Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Songs of Love and Hate is my favourite.
    Not so fond of his more recent work.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Actioncomet

At one time the beautiful Laura Branigan was one of his backing singers

Lover Lover Lover - Paris May 1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfqNb28z-Hk

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Actioncomet

1867IE wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the female who does the vocals here, absolutely hypnotic.

Nothing found from extensive googling.

http://youtu.be/Wo0C1_wb8yA

From the album sleeve notes: Backing Vocals: Dana Glover.

But I see you already got the answer to your question above.

Advertisement