Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

irishmover wrote: »
    So still debating whether to get the CE or standard edition.

$69 for SE or $109 for CE. Don't think I can justify the extra $40. Anyone want to tell me why I should pay the extra $40 before I go and preorder?

Personally, I don't think you should be preordering at all.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Personally, I don't think you should be preordering at all.

It won't be any cheaper than $68 anywhere over here. With the $69 preorder in one shop I'll get a DLC. So think it's worth it for an extra $1.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/southpark-stick-of-truth/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

GAME have the same edition (dlc) to preorder up north or online, HMV and Smyths don't seem to think they will be stocking the PC version, at least in the branches I tried earlier today.

C$59.99 on VGP.

C$59.99 on VGP.

Incl. shipping to my door it would be $73 AUD. But would be the uncensored version. Wouldn't really care if it's censored or not as I'm sure I'll be able to watch it on YouTube some point after the game release.

Does that one come with the same Samurai pack DLC? Couldn't find it on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It won't be any cheaper than $68 anywhere over here. With the $69 preorder in one shop I'll get a DLC. So think it's worth it for an extra $1.

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/games/southpark-stick-of-truth/

It's up to you. I don't pre-order on principle. I prefer to wait for reviews and then decide. A free game worth a fiver or a skin pack is something I can easily do without.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

It's up to you. I don't pre-order on principle. I prefer to wait for reviews and then decide. A free game worth a fiver or a skin pack is something I can easily do without.

No bother. You do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Sounds like a bad approach to be honest. I'm gonna play this and not look a single review. Some games can be viewed as mediocre and I like them regardless. It's nice to be make up my own opinion sometimes and roll with the hype.

Although I completely agree with the pre order bonuses. I don't want them at all even the I've already bought it on steam

Grimebox wrote: »
    Sounds like a bad approach to be honest. I'm gonna play this and not look a single review. Some games can be viewed as mediocre and I like them regardless. It's nice to be make up my own opinion sometimes and roll with the hype.

Although I completely agree with the pre order bonuses. I don't want them at all even the I've already bought it on steam

How on earth is it a bad approach? I'm not talking about whether or not the game's good, I'm referring to things like port quality, the presence of game breaking bugs, microtransactions, etc... I nearly pre-ordered Arkham Origins for example but, because I waited, I saw that what was released was a buggy mess with little to no post-release support.
    I see your point about wanting to go in blind as it were. I've been looking forward to Lightning Returns for quite some time and despite most reviews being negative, I'm getting it anyway. I don't trust mainstream "reviewers" anyway but that might be a topic for another thread.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

So still debating whether to get the CE or standard edition. $69 for SE or $109 for CE. Don't think I can justify the extra $40. Anyone want to tell me why I should pay the extra $40 before I go and preorder?

CE comes with a Cartman Wizard figure. Is it worth $40 is up to yourself. A lot of resistance after you simply asked about pre-orders. Wanted to say good for you, supporting them and getting it asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

What you'll see in the censored scenes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhsLMsxCMAAH9Vj.jpg
    linked so not to spoil anything ( I think it's fine)

Funny (actually probably better than what it's actually censoring) but still not getting it out of principle.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

A few days late on the censorship news. I don't understand why there's a ratings classification if games still get censored anyway? Is 18+ not good enough? Do we need a 25+ rating? Preposterous.
    Big Knox wrote: »
    Yep the PC version will be uncensored which is good news.

Good news indeed. I'm annoyed about the censorship, if I pick it up it'll be on PC.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    A few days late on the censorship news. I don't understand why there's a ratings classification if games still get censored anyway? Is 18+ not good enough? Do we need a 25+ rating? Preposterous.

Good news indeed. I'm annoyed about the censorship, if I pick it up it'll be on PC.

The rating system for games is different to cinema and differs wildly from country to country. While the decision to change the game is annoying, it's pretty understandable given the issues such content is sure to turn up. Ubisoft were in a position where their game could face some serious censorship issues across the EU which in turn could result in the beed to produce a number of different versions so as to meet each countries requirements.

They've made it pretty easy to acquire a copy of the uncensored version and honestly from what I've heard the content that's been censored isn't exactly something you'll miss.

I'm quite happy to purchase a copy of the game on PC and would encourage people not to pirate the game. Many are saying that the censorship was done to help sell more copies but honestly, if it was about shifting a few more copies then they'd have left the game as is and laughed all the way to the bank as the media made a huge deal about the content.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Should we be worried,the game is released this week and no reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Smoggy wrote: »
    Should we be worried,the game is released this week and no reviews.

Embargo isnt up till the morning of the US release apparently

Even with the embargo, people are streaming it on twitch. Massive spoilers of course

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Will it be region Free on 360 if ordered from US?

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Will it be region Free on 360 if ordered from US?

No

Couldn't help myself but watch a bit of those streams. All I will say is that it looks brilliant. It's like a mash-up of everything south park has ever done. As a fan of the show, I can't wait. Even if the turned based play turns people off, the humour should more than make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So any idea when the reviews will come out?. Or is there an embargo until release?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So any idea when the reviews will come out?. Or is there an embargo until release?.

Read above. There are of course leaks of people playing it, but news sites are under embargo until release in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Looks great.

Now, just need to optimise my 32'' TV (On PC ya see), everything is so sharp you can't read text or anything. Me thinks the resolution will have to come down a fair bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Taylor365 wrote: »
    everything is so sharp you can't read text or anything.
    lolwut?

Thank god this isn't clashing with Dark Souls. Should be enough time to finish it before the 14th. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

You've played your PC on your TV from a distance yes?

Big Knox wrote: »
    lolwut?

I think he means font size, and playing it at a distance.

PC games usually not the best suited for couch gaming, UI options should improve with Steam box and big screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

IGN just posted their review on Facebook but the link is broken! Actually quite anxious to see how this does critically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Grimebox wrote: »

I see that as 36 euro. Where did you see it for 30? A discount code?

Advertisement