Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kickstarter-Boardgames.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just backed this game called Tortuga. Looks like it'd be right up my gaming group's alley!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/travishancock/tortuga-1667-a-pirate-game-of-mutiny-plunder-and-d?ref=popular

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Greg81

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

This looks interesting. The kickstarter begins on 28th February 4pm.

Empires of the Void II

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1731828/ks-date-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Did anyone here get in on the original Gloomhaven kickstarter?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

No I had skipped the original Gloomhaven for various reasons but will be funding the second print run which while more expensive has better dials and rulebook corrections. Should be launching on 4 April I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Abhoth

Yes. It looked interesting and, for a Kickstarter, was cheap to go all in. Looks pretty, but have not tried playing it yet. Reviews are great.

Reviews are good but the game seems to be a bit polarising - people either love it or hate it. Also the discussion over whether it is 'legacy' or not is pretty dumb. Its a backer for me, also backed City of Kings (which for some reason is also being compared to Gloomhaven) and will be backing the two Brass kickstarters when they come out in April.

After going cold turkey on KS, I've gotten sucked back in :(

The only Kickstarter I've ever backed is The 7th Continent. I'm real tempted by Gloomhaven but its a bit of a risk I think. It'll be one that Im sure Ill only ever play solo and a few people seem to love it as a solo only experience. I think I'll watch a few more videos tonight before the kickstarter takes effect.

And of course CMON announce Zombicide Black Plague Season 2 at the end of the Rising Sun kickstarter. Goddammit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

No, never heard of it till 3 weeks ago. A friend did and managed to play a single scenario...its damn good.

Even if you leave off the Legacy elements, it has a very good fundamental gameplay system with your action cards acting like a stamina meter and the randomness of the Initiative draw. Never felt like we were getting screwed, just bad luck and had to adapt our plans to accommodate our Brute whiffing his big attack.

Now I have never played D&D so cant comment on how the campaign system might stack up against proper RPG's. It looked good from what I saw though, prosperity of the city evolving your options and event cards unlocking new scenarios (my friends had played the tutorial mission and unlocked a
    sulpher mine
    before I jumped in, so it was always available for us as an option).

Def gonna back the 2nd Edt since my bro-in-law is looking to get into more tabletop stuff, the dials are a godsend as could see the health/xp tracks wearing out if you play a long time and potentially replay a class.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    No, never heard of it till 3 weeks ago. A friend did and managed to play a single scenario...its damn good.

Even if you leave off the Legacy elements, it has a very good fundamental gameplay system with your action cards acting like a stamina meter and the randomness of the Initiative draw. Never felt like we were getting screwed, just bad luck and had to adapt our plans to accommodate our Brute whiffing his big attack.

Now I have never played D&D so cant comment on how the campaign system might stack up against proper RPG's. It looked good from what I saw though, prosperity of the city evolving your options and event cards unlocking new scenarios (my friends had played the tutorial mission and unlocked a
    sulpher mine
    before I jumped in, so it was always available for us as an option).

Def gonna back the 2nd Edt since my bro-in-law is looking to get into more tabletop stuff, the dials are a godsend as could see the health/xp tracks wearing out if you play a long time and potentially replay a class.

It sure looks good, so I backed it this time around. I actually dont know what they were thinking with the health/xp design in the first printing, glad theyre changing it to dials. I'll be playing it mostly, if not all, solo, so need to see whats the best way to go about that. But all in all it looks like a very well designed game with a serious amount of content.

There are specific rules for a solo play, as you dont have the mystery of who is performing what actions each turn. Basically it makes the game a little stronger, beefing up enemies a bit.

Just roll up 3 of the 6 starter characters and play away, you can actually run multiple parties within one campaign system (just roll up new characters from the leftover starters or use any unlocked ones). Not sure how it works for scenario selection, though you can play any standalone without the connections or extras from the story driven "campaign" ones. Plus there is a deck of cards to generate random dungeons if you want to play a one off game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

Now we have "City of Kings"as well.I've been playing gloomhaven with someone else's copy ,so I might go for Kings for myself.

Looks like May will be a bumper month for kickstarter ,with a ton of great games coming out.

There's serious kickstart overload at the minute and the previews up to June show its only going to get worse! Currently in for Hardback, Brass, Rise to Nobility, Gloomhaven and City of Kings. Zombicide Green Horde at the end of May is a guaranteed one for me as well since I love Black Plague and while it is questionable at this stage to still be KSing given their success, CMON to be fair tend to give a lot of content on their kickstarters.

At this stage, I'm just glad I stayed out of Kingdom Death so I have the funds!

Zombicide Green Hoard +1

Heroes of Land ,Sea and Air looks great as well.

Kickstarter may preview below......

Not confirmed yet but there is a big chance it will appear on kickstarter.

http://www.polygon.com/2017/4/24/15405918/fallout-wasteland-warfare-tabletop-miniatures-board-game

Welp, €100 pledged for Gloomhaven.

Now, the inexorable wait till it releases.

Probably one of the best value for money boardgames ever IMO.I am currently playing it with my group as one of them have the first edition.It will probaly end up no 1 on BGG.

I decided not to back myself ,but I am happy to jump in if I see it been played.

I ended up backing City of Kings instead.Too many games ,not enough time :(

I also backed Clans of Caledonia. Its a mix of Terra Mystica and the Voyages of Marco polo.

Finding it hard to resist clans but its competing with Hannibal...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/phalanxgames/hannibal-and-hamilcar?ref=category

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Probably one of the best value for money boardgames ever IMO.I am currently playing it with my group as one of them have the first edition.It will probaly end up no 1 on BGG.

I decided not to back myself ,but I am happy to jump in if I see it been played.

I ended up backing City of Kings instead.Too many games ,not enough time :(

Gloomhaven looks incredible. So detailed and well thought out. Basically a very structured DnD game but I love the idea of it. Convinced the gaming group to buy it so I can't wait till August now! :)

I went in, still debating whether to keep the pledge but I probably will at this stage. Have The 7th Continent arriving soon hopefully.

Decided to back this one ,as I was a big JRPG fan.I Played most of the final fantasy games and a few others way back when.

Still 5 Days to go if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

The Deadly Premonition game is looking good.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/615312068/deadly-premonition-the-board-game

Love the video game, so looking forward to this.

Welp, KS is clawing at my bank account again.

Zombicide: Green Horde
    is doing millions within minutes, as to be expected. Probably just drop $5 worth onto it and bulk up nearer the end of the pledge manager.

Clash of Rage looks kinda basic (traditional territory control) but have to say....miniatures are so nice looking.

One thats beginning on Tuesday I am looking forward to is Lords of Hellas, again a territory control (with lovely miniatures) but the rules seem very nice, lots of chances to shift the balance with blessings and quests. Plus, it numerous victory conditions its not a slog fight for the the sole "defining" region or item, you can achieve victory by playing in several different ways.

Also a few more I have my eye on (but might not pledge)

Street Masters, a mix of 80's Van Damme films and Final Fight/Streets of Rage, gameplay looks good (very similar to Sentinels of the Multiverse, another game I like).

Sine Tempore, a co-op dungeon delver themed around settling and exploring a planet. Seems pretty deep with each character having unique leveling up skill trees.

Hand of Fate, based off a pretty nice game on PC/console themed around exploring a dungeon made up of cards drawn by a cardmaster...kinda circular to have a video game about cards become a card game!

Roll Player + Expansion, while it is a KS for the expansion it includes a reprint of the hard to find base game. People have raved about it, lots of sites listing it in top 10 and top 5 of 2016, its essentially a game about rolling dice to create a D&D character....or somesuch.

Lords of Hellas are live, founded and gathering more and more money. Pledge in first 24h and you will get Leonidas for free.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/lords-of-hellas

Was interested in Hellas until I saw the price tag of $150 plus shipping for the game and the terrain minis. Just don't think it's worth it for a game that I'm not convinced my group would enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

My latest kickstarter arrivals. Was hoping superhot would arrive but no joy.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Apollinaris

Backed both Green Horde and Lords of Hellas. The miniatures look real nice in LoH. Broke now, but hopefully will be happy in a few months!

• Advertisement

Anyone backed & received The 7th Continent yet?

Advertisement