Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread - A New World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Its all pre flop!!

Yeah not that bad a beat. Play a few 100k hands and come back to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Its all pre flop!!

It's a one dollar fifty game, he's not that far behind even with 46s, he's getting about 20% even against AA, and besides he shoved before you acted, which makes it less of a bad move:pac::pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Its a 5 card game! If your using 7 cards your doing it wrong....

LOL, wtf? Was it hold'em or draw poker you were playing? Hold'em is a 7 card game, 2 hole cards, 5 community cards. Add that up.

You need to make your best 5 cards using 7, it's a 7 card game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

dobman88 wrote: »
    LOL, wtf? Was it hold'em or draw poker you were playing? Hold'em is a 7 card game, 2 hole cards, 5 community cards. Add that up.

You need to make your best 5 cards using 7, it's a 7 card game.

You need to make the best 5 card hand using 5 cards its a 5 card game

No wonder this forum is dead with amount of dicks in it.....

You need to make the best 5 card hand using 5 cards its a 5 card game

Did you add up 5 community cards plus 2 hole cards? That's 5+2=?

• Advertisement

Your powers of observation are nearly as good as your ability to convey what a bad beat is...............................this forum has been dead for nearly 6 years.

this forum has been dead for nearly 6 years.

Exactly you just made my point for me. Thanks....
    5+2=?

Butthurt

Exactly you just made my point for me. Thanks....

Butthurt

He's correct Holdem is a seven card game, as omaha is a 9 card game, I think where you are getting confused is, the hand rankings are determined by the best 5 cards, and that's the same across all poker variants, but the number of cards dealt can range from 5 to 9 cards.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

I thought Hold'em was a 2 card game... :confused:

:pac:

I thought Hold'em was a 2 card game... :confused:

:pac:
    They once thought the earth was flat aswell, and they couldn't have been more wrong, go figure huh.

• Advertisement

Butthurt

Seems like you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,445 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

A $1.50 SNG? Matthew was probably called down for his dinner so he shoved. :pac:

I've seen far far FAR worse beats than that.

Oh, and it's a 5 card game. :)

Mr E wrote: »

How many cards are available for you to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

A $1.50 SNG? Matthew was probably called down for his dinner so he shoved. :pac:

I've seen far far FAR worse beats than that.

the size of the buy in really makes no difference to the Bad Beat.

The fact is it's a pretty poor bad beat as he was only a 65% favorite to win

How many cards are available for you to use?

Hold'em 5 Omaha 5 Stud 5 Razz 5 Draw 5

5 CARD GAME....

Hold'em 5 Omaha 5 Stud 5 Razz 5 Draw 5

5 CARD GAME....

Lol. Epic fail.

Lol. Epic fail.

Don't beat yourself up about it it's alright.

Don't beat yourself up about it it's alright.

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jbcarthy

Last 2 tournaments;

1a. Pocket A pre flop (100/200), raise from small blind to 600, 2 callers, flop comes J 10 5 different suits, check, player 1 raises 2000, player 2 all in, I call, player 1 folds, player 2 calls with KJo, turn comes muck and river comes K.

1b. AKo pre flop on the button (300/600-25), same 2 players play a raise and call, I go all in and end up in a showdown with 65o and I lose to a pair of 5s

2. JJ from UTG, (300/600) so I raise to 2400 and get 4 callers, I figure I'm up against a lot of powerful hands (A,K,Q) and maybe a midrange suited connector, I decide that if no higher card than a J comes up and there is no obvious draw I am going to shove because I don't want to give them the chance of connecting on the turn and river, cards come up 2 4 6 different suits and I shove, I get called by the small blind who was last to call pre flop and he setted 2s, how do you call 2,400 with deuces when 4 players are in before you!

jbcarthy wrote: »
    Last 2 tournaments;

1a. Pocket A pre flop (100/200), raise from small blind to 600, 2 callers, flop comes J 10 5 different suits, check, player 1 raises 2000, player 2 all in, I call, player 1 folds, player 2 calls with KJo, turn comes muck and river comes K.

1b. AKo pre flop on the button (300/600-25), same 2 players play a raise and call, I go all in and end up in a showdown with 65o and I lose to a pair of 5s

2. JJ from UTG, (300/600) so I raise to 2400 and get 4 callers, I figure I'm up against a lot of powerful hands (A,K,Q) and maybe a midrange suited connector, I decide that if no higher card than a J comes up and there is no obvious draw I am going to shove because I don't want to give them the chance of connecting on the turn and river, cards come up 2 4 6 different suits and I shove, I get called by the small blind who was last to call pre flop and he setted 2s, how do you call 2,400 with deuces when 4 players are in before you!
    The cheek of the f@cker, you should have punched him in the face, that'll learn him for the next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is it down all day for everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is it down all day for everyone?

Ya, went to pot since 5starJnr arrived!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Our servers and support staff are mostly based in Houston, so support is slow today. Not something I can fix myself unfortunately.

Well folks, what's for breakfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

114 posts in this thread since 2011. Solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I don't suppose anyone subscribed to this thread remembers what website the boys had for all the fancy carafes a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

800074_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,284 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

5starpool wrote: »
    Our servers and support staff are mostly based in Houston, so support is slow today. Not something I can fix myself unfortunately.

I hope my portfolio of quality posts haven't been drowned.

This has been the longest outage ever for IPB, ah well, we can make ourselves at home for a bit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Had a great win on a vending machine today. Chose a pack of Hunky Dorys, which got stuck half way down. Got refunded the €1.10. Wasn't allowed to reorder the same pack, so decided to get a pack of Tayto in the hope that it might knock down the other pack too. It did.:P

Advertisement