Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

CombatCow wrote: »
    Only 137 Days!!!!!! :eek: :D
    Even less if you're counting down to the start of December when ChristmasFM should be on air!!! :D I know it's strange to be posting about this in August but I was looking for a Christmas Jumper (which you can never get your hands on come December). I just started reading the threads here for the first time.

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Ok good news for both of you guys!

1. Just found out we WILL be broadcasting to Limerick as well this year!

2. Christmas Jumper wise - so weird you brought this up. We're looking at having official Christmas FM jumpers available for sale on the ChristmasFM.ie site to raise money for this years charity, none of that thin wanna be stuff you see around but real Gay Burn style warm jumpers with Reindeer's with bobble noses, Santa etc...

Keep coming with other idea's as we're looking for other ways to improve the station and raise more money for the charity we've chosen this year. Particularly if you have idea's about how to improve the website or increase listener ship.

washiskin wrote: »
    The signal can be pretty weak in Meath - will it be better this year?
    You guys have made my Christmas for the last two years!:)

I don't think we'll be changing the location of the transmitter in Dublin, which is the one you would be using to pick up meath. But for sure we'll be broadcasting at the maximum reach that our temporary license will allow us.

1. Just found out we WILL be broadcasting to Limerick as well this year!

Arghh I just bought a Roberts internet radio last week with a view to listening this year :D Oh well it's still a good investment and great news.
    2. Christmas Jumper wise - so weird you brought this up. We're looking at having official Christmas FM jumpers available for sale on the ChristmasFM.ie site to raise money for this years charity, none of that thin wanna be stuff you see around but real Gay Burn style warm jumpers with Reindeer's with bobble noses, Santa etc...

I was going to buy a Christmas jumper from funkychristmasjumpers when they're taking orders in October. Probably will hold off now as I'd prefer my cash going to a charity obviously.
    Keep coming with other idea's as we're looking for other ways to improve the station and raise more money for the charity we've chosen this year. Particularly if you have idea's about how to improve the website or increase listener ship.

What about everybody here adding the ChristmasFM banner on the first page of this thread as a sig to our profiles come December? So that when we're posting in other forums on boards other people will see? Personally I never knew of the ChristmasFM's existence until I came to this particular forum. I'd add it now but because it's August I'd probably get lynched!!

Good idea! about the signatures, anyone who would add the christmas fm logo to their profile and awareness it would be most appreciated. As you just proven VanZan, awareness really does turn into us raising more funds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

eeep a real Christmas Jumper!!!:D

Put me down for a Reindeer one! It'll go great with my Robin socks with the jingly bells.

Actually, will you have jumpers with Jingly Bells?

You know what would be amazing... Could we have a bit of group think and have the folks here at Boards help me design the Christmas FM Christmas Jumper??

Here's what I'd like to know:

1. What picture would you like on the jumper?
    2. How warm / woolly should it be? Ie should we go for cheaper material or should we get really warm ones, like you'd wear out in the snow without a jacket.
    3. What would you be willing to pay for one? Obviously the more the better but we can work out how much we can afford to spend on Labour and materials based on this.
    4. Any specific design features

So for example my thoughts are:

1. Snowman being hugged by two children, Smiley santa face or Rudolf with a big bobble red nose.
    2. For me i'd like them really warm, would prefer them to be 100% wool - but don't know if we can get this at a reasonable price since it will be a fairly small order (relative to the likes of the big chains).
    3. About €40 - €60, does that sound reasonable?
    4. We could do a Vneck long version that goes as half way between the hip and knee for girls so they can wear leggings underneath them. I'm thinking round neck for the guys one.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi Ronan,

You may want to clear any ideas you have with Darragh first. He can be contacted at hello@boards.ie

Thanks

Hey Micky,

Chatted to him there he said its cool.

For me it would definitely have to be colored red or red and white. My limit was €50 but since it's for charity I'd wouldn't mind €70 or €80. I would probably just be wearing it indoors so it wouldn't have to be too woolly. I'm male so round necked is right. As for the design well Rudolph or Santa and you can't go wrong. Curious to hear what other people have to say. Perhaps you should start a new thread?

• Advertisement

Thanks mate, Don't want to monopolize the christmas board (or set expectations too high incase I fail to find a suitable manufacturer).

Eighty is a lot for a jumper fair play, i'd like to make them slightly more affordable so we can get more people wearing them. Keep the idea coming folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hi Ronan,

A nice red jumper with a big Reindeer or a big Robin in a santa hat would be right up my street.
    A choice of 2 patterns might generate sales also.

I have no problem parting with 50 lids.

100% wool while warm is quite scratchy and uncomfortable so a 80/20 or 50/50 Woll Acrylic mix might suit better.

I'm sure you have a supplier in mind, but Tivoli Spinners in Cork might be worth a shout.

Maybe a stall for the jumpers in the Point Village at Christmas might be a go-er?

Any updates on the Christmas jumpers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Hi all,

I used these guys 2 years ago for my jumper and was impressed, i heard aobut them on the G Ryan show ! I might be of use for anyone looking for a jumper.

http://www.funkychristmasjumpers.com/

Anyone got any other sites ???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

got the green santa one from them last year, worth every penny, women love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

df1985 wrote: »
    got the green santa one from them last year, worth every penny, women love them!

Not this one! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Christmas FM is switching on this year on November 29th, I can't wait!! :):)

Yup nearly there now. VanZan, Christmas Jumpers will be available on the day of launch maybe a little sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Hi all,

I used these guys 2 years ago for my jumper and was impressed, i heard aobut them on the G Ryan show ! I might be of use for anyone looking for a jumper.

http://www.funkychristmasjumpers.com/

Anyone got any other sites ???

Hi, elvis jones.

Rather than close your thread, I have merged it with this popular one, all in the spirit of Christmas of course.:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Anyone know what worthy cause Christmas FM will be in aid of this year? :)

• Advertisement

Official launch is on the 29th, we might have some test broadcasts from the 28th.

As you all know we are a temporary license station so the new frequencies we'll be using this year are:
    Dublin - 89.9FM, Limerick - 105.5FM, Cork - 106.7FM, Galway - 89.5FM, South East - 103.8FM

Please spread the word :)

Posey: Our Charity for this year is Barnardos

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Loved Christmas FM last year, had all the lads in the office listening to it too! Counting the days until it's back.

Question for Ronan: do you guys have a song called Christmas With The Yours by an Italian band called Elio e le Storie Tese? It's a cracking Christmas song, but totally unknown!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Official launch is on the 29th, we might have some test broadcasts from the 28th.

As you all know we are a temporary license station so the new frequencies we'll be using this year are:
    Dublin - 89.9FM, Limerick - 105.5FM, Cork - 106.7FM, Galway - 89.5FM, South East - 103.8FM

Please spread the word :)

Posey: Our Charity for this year is Barnardos

What kind or area/range does your South East licence have? Is it similar to BeatFm or not as strong?

@NekkidBibleMan Never heard of that one before but I'll ask the program director (the guy who selects all the music) to have a listen. Gotta be honest its not really my bag on first listen. Thoughts anyone else? Here's the song:

@lockie83 No idea to be honest, I doubt it will be as strong as Beat as they have a much bigger budget for equipment than us. Obviously we won't be near enough to their signal to cause interference it that was your worry.

What kind of Christmas music do ye play as I missed it last year? Is it Frank Sinatra/Bing Crosby classics or more contemporary stuff like the Darkness or Mariah Carey? Or a mixture of both? Or do you play obscure stuff like nekkidbibleman's suggestion?

@VanZan, Its a mixture of both, main stream well known songs. Mariah, Bill Crosby and Sinatra would be all great examples of A list songs. Not so much the darkness, but we played it a few times last year. There isn't much unknown stuff to be honest, but we do have a song contest to try to get new Artists into the mainstream and try to support them. So there will be a couple you might not have heard of.

Check out www.ChristmasFM.ie and you can stream a 30 min sample on the listen live section.

@VanZan, Its a mixture of both, main stream well known songs. Mariah, Bill Crosby and Sinatra would be all great examples of A list songs. Not so much the darkness, but we played it a few times last year. There isn't much unknown stuff to be honest, but we do have a song contest to try to get new Artists into the mainstream and try to support them. So there will be a couple you might not have heard of.

Check out www.ChristmasFM.ie and you can stream a 30 min sample on the listen live section.

I feel like a noob but I can't find that 30 minute sample. I clicked the picture of that lovely lady wearing ear muffs/headphones with "Listen Live" next to her. All I get is a pop up box and when I click play nothing happens. If you could be more specific I'd appreciate it! :)

My bad, that had been working up to recently your right it no longer works. The feed must have been taken down when they started updating the site recently.

My bad, that had been working up to recently your right it no longer works. The feed must have been taken down when they started updating the site recently.
    No probs, I thought I was going mad not being able to locate it. Guess I'll find out on the 29th!!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

@lockie83 No idea to be honest, I doubt it will be as strong as Beat as they have a much bigger budget for equipment than us. Obviously we won't be near enough to their signal to cause interference it that was your worry.

No I wasn't worried about that, I was hoping to be able to tune in, cause where I live in Tipp I can pick up BeatFM and would love to be able to pick up Christmas FM.

Advertisement